NumbNutsJunior

[RELEASE] Active Lockpicking

Active Lockpicking

A Skyrim style lockpicking mini-game for Arma 3.

Disclaimer

This release is part of a series of releases containing projects that I have not completely fleshed out or implemented into any dedicated server environment. I am releasing these projects because I have stopped playing and scripting for Arma 3, but I figured that this project was interesting enough that others may want to implement them into their missions. That being said, use them as you will and enjoy.

Features

- (Concept/Needs custom implementation) An alternate random chance force pick.

- Customizable difficulty levels.

Setup

- Define the files found in the example mission into your mission's function library.
- Include hud_lockpick and hud_default into your mission's description.ext's RscTitles.

- Implement key handlers into your mission's respective key handling scripts in order for GUI controls to function properly.
- Call fn_hud_lockpick from a lockpick script which implements your mission's vehicle/door/crate lock system.
- - Needs to be called from a spawned environment (canSuspend). 

Showcase

Download
https://github.com/NumbNutsJunior/Active-Lockpicking

I hope you can find some use for it in your missions, feel free to modify and improve the system of course but just ask to leave my initial author credits.
~ NumbNutsJunior aka Pizza Man

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

What a fun little script! I already see a situation where the player needs to pick a lock and teammates have to provide cover/security...or try not to raise alarms in case of an "incognito" state/mission. Good job, mate.

• Like 1