Sign in to follow this  
LandShark-AL

Bell47 released!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Jan. 24 2003,21:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the Sioux has seen plenty of real combat...the Sioux Scout hasnt...<span id='postcolor'>

ahh yes i meant the scout...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Jan. 24 2003,23:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Looks like some kind of rip-off Cobra smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The law of intelligence states “something that came first cant be a rip offâ€

yeah, a lot of the ideas in this were used in the cobra though, like the tandem seating, the undernose turret with two weapons, and wings, so the cobra is kinda a mix of this and the huey thats been squashed to a width of about a couple of feet and it ends up looking like this:

belln209.jpg

(The AH-1G prototype, with retractable skids, also experimenting with the M197 gun and the TOW missiles for use on the marines cobras/AH-1Q)

The original AH-1G is simply a low cross section fuselage, 99%

of the systems onboard were UH-1 parts, directly interchangable, The Scout would have never seen combat, like Evis said, it was basically a "proof of concept" testbed,

It couldn't carry enough ammo for the weapons to make it useful.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Jan. 24 2003,14:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great work, love to see one in resistance FIA markings.<span id='postcolor'>

Just look here:

My Screens Page (See Pics Page)

I guess Martins gonna place it on his website as soon as he receives it.

BTW throwable grenades is nice idea. biggrin.gif

Since these helicopter things, at least as far as my addon collection goes, would make up almost the entire resistence air force if they were to come out on the resistence side (I think I may baggsy the Bronco to compliment this though), perhaps some kind of improvised anti-tank weapon would be in order?

Apart from the idea of grenades dropping how about small bombs, about the size of a satchel charge? Also how about having a doorgunner with an RPG7 or equivolent anti tank weapon? (preferably something without too much backblast)

he has modeled auto rotation u hold z when u turn off ur engine and u can keep the rotor spinnin as u fall and land it, its great when ur engine takes a hit.

Why has no one else mentioned this auto-rotation feature?? wow.gif

It seems to work quite well. Pressing and holding "Z" immediately after the engine loses power does indeed keep your rotors spinning while you are descending. Just like in a real helicopter, where you would bottom the collective directly after loss of power to initiate an auto-rotation.

The only flaw I see in it is that you can perform an auto-rotation while in a hover. You should have to obtain airspeed to maintain the rotor RPM to proceed with the auto-rotation or else the rotors would stop or slow too much.

that autorotation is very helpful, it saved me from either a shilka blowing me up or a crash landing, it would be good to get these on all the choppers coming out, with the dust/various warnings and this ofp helos will be a hell of a lot more realistic than they were, is anyone in contact with martin? does he have any problems with his script being used on other helos if he gets the correct recognition for it?

what about a door gunner with an AGS17 ??

that would rock, hehe tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Jan. 28 2003,12:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">that autorotation is very helpful, it saved me from either a shilka blowing me up or a crash landing, it would be good to get these on all the choppers coming out, with the dust/various warnings and this ofp helos will be a hell of a lot more realistic than they were, is anyone in contact with martin? does he have any problems with his script being used on other helos if he gets the correct recognition for it?<span id='postcolor'>

I have made succesful autorotation landings on all BIS helicopters. It's not just this bird that can do it. See for yourself! I've even made a little MP training mission where you fly a Blackhawk and at some point out of the blue your engines fail. The trick is to have some forward speed as well as altitude. When the engines fail, IMMEDIATELY push the collective down and pull back on the stick. You should get enough rotor rpm to keep the bird under control, and there's even some left to flare your landing.

ooooh ive never noticed that before, it works pretty well apart from the fact you need to be moving pretty slow, if only bis would let the wheels move and the skids slide we might be able to get out of some hairy situations

That Souix Scout someone posted pictures of? I was just reading on the Cobra and its development and that coptor was mentioned as having been made first. Then the Cobra was made. Since reading thatarticle in the book on aircraft I have The Bell 47 that has been modeled hre was in production by Bell untill 1973 and by some other company called Agusta in Italy until 1976. The U.S. Army's first order was issued for the coptor in 1948. Stretchers were added by conversion in 1952. 15 were converted in '52. In various roles the model 47 has served with more than 30 armed services worldwide! smile.gif I'm going to try this model 47 out in OFP now. "Woundedon the pads wounded on the pads!" tounge.gif

Just made a map with this wonderfull chopper on it.

One problem. Our Linux-server wont run maps with the Bell47 on it. No problem running it on windows servers.

From the bash-shell on our server it states:

Invalid texture aspect ratio (512x32)

This happens when trying to run a simple multiplayermap with only two bell47's on it.

SkyQuake

This is the best helicopter add on of OFP.

I am a RL helo pilot and did part of my training flying that nice machine.

The add on is just great. I was even impressed when flying as wounded pilot on the  stardboard litter and saw that even the Battery wiring and vent conduction have been included.

The sound is aslo very nice and realistic.

Good job, you really impresed me this time. biggrin.gif