Gunter Severloh

Eden Editor, Editing, & Mission Building Guides, Tutorials & Tools Compilation List

Eden Editor, Editing, & Mission Building

Guides, Tutorials & Tools Compilation List

Last Update: May 31st, 2022

This is a huge compilation of Eden editor, Editing, and mission building guides for Arma3,

the list below is set in alphabetical order, also the list is not set in numerical order, the numbers are

just there to act as an associative reference and not setup to be in an order other then alphabetical order.

There may be more guides, and tutorials out there that are not on this list, if anyone finds some

not listed here, please let me know and i will add them.

i hope my list here will save you alot of time and help you learn more about the editor, and build better missions!

1. [Tutorial] How to edit a Steam Workshop mission (Scenario)
  2. [TUT]Creating custom compositions for ZEUS
  3. 2D Editor
  4. Arm A 3 Editing Guide (German)
  5. Arma 3 - How to Make a Simple Zeus Mission and Host It
  6. Arma 3 Editor Guide | Modular Programming | Boolean Data Type
  7. ArmA 3 Editor Tutorials - Building Simple Missions
  8. Arma 3 Mission Editor Guide.pdf | DocDroid
  9. Arma 3 Mission Presentation
  10. Arma 3 MP Support Guideline
  11. Arma 3 Revive
  12. ARMA 3 Setup Guide
  13. Arma 3 Task Framework Tutorial
  14. Arma 3 User Interface Editor
  15. ARMA Development - mission editing and development.
  16. Category: Eden Editor
  17. Eden Editor
  18. Eden Editor - The Very Basics [Tutorial] : arma
  19. Eden Editor Tutorial & Hilfe für Anfänger
  20. HOW TO MAKE AWESOME ARMA 3 MISSIONS!
  21. I made a video tutorial series for the Eden Editor in ArmA 3
  22. Making your first mission · dklollol/Olsen-Framework-Arma-3 Wiki · GitHub
  23. MCCSandbox Wiki | Fandom
  24. OFPEC The Editing Center
  25. Steam Community :: Guide :: ARMA 3 EDITOR TIPS waypoints,orders, and items.
  26. Steam Community :: Guide :: ARMA 3 simple, but necessary, Editor guide
  27. Steam Community :: Guide :: ARMAidiot's ARMA 3 - Editor Guide
  28. Steam Community :: Guide :: How to make a FOB
  29. Steam Community :: Guide :: How to make a simple zeus mission and host it.
  30. Steam Community :: Guide :: Miscellaneous Editor Tutorials
  31. Steam Community :: Guide :: Mission Planning (MDMP)
  32. TG ArmA 3 - Mission Template Usage Guide - Tactical Gamer
  33. TheGen's Guide to Mission / Campaign Making
  34. Zenophon's ArmA 3 Co-op Mission Making Framework
  35. Zeus Documentation

Ammoboxes & Loadouts, Composition Tools, Missions Tools, & Files

Spoiler

Ammo boxes & Loadouts

Spoiler
  • Ammo Crate Utility - Easily make crate scripts for Arma 3with this simple java application.
  • FSFGear - Loadout editor for Arma 3.
  • LEA - Loadout Editor for Arma 3
  • Snaiperskaya's - AmmoBox Filler
  • Weapon UI Tool - you simply save a weapon file and then each attachment file separately and pic a location to save and the name of the weapon, click generate and it will place the required attachment overlays onto the weapon and save it with the correct name.

Composition Tools

Spoiler
  • CUP Compositions - add the original ArmA II Object Compositions to ArmA III so that they can be used in connection with CUP Mod.
  • ZEC - Zeus and Eden Templates / Building Compositions

Mission Tools

Spoiler
  • A3_HideAssetsFromEditor - Hides all A3 assets from BI from the editor and arsenal (infantry, vehicles, objects, buildings, etc). This is useful if you want to do missions or check out assets from third party mods, and unclutter the editor/arsenal.
  • Achilles - a gameplay modification for Arma 3. It expands the Zeus real-time editor with many new additions as well as provides bug fixes.
  • Ares - Ares is a mod aimed expanding the tools available to Zeus so that it is possible to create more varied and compelling missions. The goal is to add simple useful functionality to Zeus without requiring any extra mods running on other clients or the server.
  • Arma 3 Alpha to Beta Mission Converter [BETA] - Will replace weapon/vehicle/class names in your Alpha made missions to work in Beta.
  • Arma 3 Mission Scanner - scans missions for dependencies and quality control.
  • ArmA III Mission Builder - GUI application for quick and thorough MP mission creation.
  • Anvil Mission Editor and Framework - a system for rapidly generating missions of any size for ArmA 3.
  • AIZ (Artificial Intelligent Zeus) - a random Campaign Generator than encompasses the entire map. Every restart will generate a completely new set of battle scenarios, objectives and combat environments.
  • Ar3play - web based mission replays.
  • Class Editor - Allows to you to edit the classes of units ingame.
  • CompoT - CompoT is a toolset designed for mission/addon makers to place and manipulate objects. CompoT is integrated directly into Eden mission editor, allowing you to place most ArmA 3 buildings and objects seamlessly, while normal mission making.
  • CompoT_dev - CompoT is a toolset designed for mission/addon makers to place and manipulate objects. CompoT is integrated directly into Eden mission editor, allowing you to place most ArmA 3 buildings and objects seamlessly, while normal mission making.
  • Disable 3den Mission Preview Shortcut - In case you hit the enter keys too often and accidentally start the mission this mod is for you. It disables exactly that.
  • 3den Enhanced - This modification adds new functionalities to the Eden Editor, without creating any dependencies for players.
  • 3Den Stringtable Viewer - allows creators of missions or mods to use already localized text in their projects.
  • Easy Editor Tools - This is an accumulation of scripts available via the action menu to assist in mission creation.
  • ExecuteEverything - Execute any desired code during mission runtime, even in multiplayer.
  • Emitter 3Ditor - Add and use particle and light emitters in your scenarios without any scripting.
  • GCam Cinematic Camera Tool - Allows you to create cinematics for your missions or videos.
  • Guillotine tool - convert missions into headless compatible missions.
  • GID - Object Positioning System - provides a user friendly precise 3D object placement tool based on the BIS Splendid camera.
  • GF Post Process Editor - A single player mission for editing, viewing and exporting post process effects.
  • LRG Fundamentals - is a complete mission makers tool, used to create complex missions with ease. Using the huge Library of functions, settings and modules you can create almost any type of mission.
  • MCC Sandbox 4 - Mission Making The Easy Way - You can create missions without any scripting knowledge and alter them in while in game. You can save your missions and share with friends.
  • Milsim Tools - Milsim Tools is a mod aimed at expanding the possibilities of scenarios for milsim units, as well as adding permanent features to missions.
  • MGI ADVANCED MODULES - Pack of modules for mission writers. SP/MP compatible.
  • MGI Tactical Pack V3 - This add-on is a pack of tools such as AUTO-REPACK, FATIGUE MANAGER, ENHANCED GPS, ENHANCED MAP TOOLS, TACTICAL ICONS, ARSENAL TEST, HALO JUMP,.. and much more!
  • MRHMilsimTools - Optionals - RHS_CBPS - adds the possibility to spawn compositions when the CBPS tent is deployed on RHSUSAF CBPS medical vehicle. Compositions can be assigned via CBA options menu.
  • Multiplayer Save and Load - Saves a multiplayer mission in progress to be reloaded later. Reloads units, gear, vehicles, weather/mission details, waypoints, tasks, buildings, markers, triggers, missionNamespace*, locations, etc...
  • Particle Editor [ALPHA] - This tool consists of a mission in which you can change and see in real time particle effects.
  • Post Process Effect Editor - A mission for editing, viewing and exporting post process effects, and exporting them your mission or mod.
  • Show Object ID's Eden plugin - This mod allows you to toggle map ID markers in 3DEN editor.
  • TCS BattleTracker - arma 3 mod that allows capture and playback of missions.
  • The W teleporter - a tool, which allows you to teleport to any player in the mission with advanced options.
  • TroopMon3 [ALPHA] - Mission observation tool allowing to closely inspect every unit/thing in the game.
  • Werthles Headless Kit v2.3 - Headless client: Arma game copy that just plays AI units. HCs can process AIs on separate machines, so servers can handle 100s more AIs with human players. 
  • Werthles' Headless Module - Headless client: Arma game copy that just plays AI units. HCs can process AIs on separate machines, so servers can handle 100s more AIs with human players. 
  • ZGM Visitor Objects A3/A2 [ALPHA] - a comprehensive and interoperable template library which will make terrain editing a lot easier. This library contains of 2232 templates from A2, OA and PMC.
  • 7erra's Editing Extensions - Makes creating missions easier. It massively extends the features of the debug console, the 3den Editor, and the Config Viewer while creating no dependency for the client.

Mission File Tools

Spoiler
  • ACC DAC Toolbox - script automatically creates DAC_Config_Units.
  • Latawiec - Briefing Creator.
  • MdhClassReplace - mdhClassReplace.jar is a simple javaprogram to replace classes in all sqf, sqm files in the folder and subfolders of the tool location.
  • Online Squad.xml Editor - WebApp - Arma Squad XML Editor/Hoster - Live PAA Conversion.
  • PAx Description Builder - Quickly make a description.ext with little knowledge of it.
  • Refresh_and_Packagea bash script for easy file distribution and packaging.
  • SQMEdit - Editor to edit and browse Arma 3 mission files.
  • Updated All in One Config Dumps - When you want to know how something works in Arma 3, you open the All in One Config with your favorite text editor, hit CTRL+F and search for the class you want to examine.

Credits

To those who have took the time to create these guides and tutorials

i hope that my list here would allow the community to better appreciate

the authors of this information.

Edited by Gunter Severloh
Removed listings that were linked to Armaholic
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Should be pinned as should all you compilations. 

Sterling work GS. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gunter mate.......... i love you man :) thats why i got ya on steam bud........... you are a credit to ARMA community....... really :)

• Thanks 1

Thanks fellas, i appreciate the comments and feedback!

As for

14 hours ago, EO said:

Should be pinned

I agree, however i had already reported each of my lists to get them pinned that i created this past week, and have been talking with Fallujah Medic through pm

and pinned threads right now from what i understand are being discussed, dont really know the details offhand although i have a slight idea.

But instead of a pinned thread i have a better idea which i plan to implement this weekend.

Lastly signatures are limited to 10 urls so adding the other lists to my sig isn't going to work, so when i have this new "idea" of mine

implemented you guys will see it.

My goal with these lists is to save the community alot of time, and try to eliminate some of the extensive search, and this is part of the reason why

i wanted the lists on the forums here and not the wiki or somewhere i else.

For now i have some massive updates with alot of new content coming to all the existing lists, so stay tuned!

• Like 1

Number 4 on the list at the top, i dont think it is as the last posted version update was in 2017.

Welcome to BI forums btw!