Sign in to follow this  
munger

Request for small russian transport helo

The title says it all - I think the Russians really need a small, agile troop insertion chopper for use in special forces missions and the like, since at present all they have is the Mi-17 (big and slow) and the Mi-26 (gigantic and slower). Of course there is also the Hind, but that's a gunship and hardly nimble either. Compare this to the American helo inventory of Littlebirds, Huey's, Hawks, Chinooks etc etc. It just seems a bit onesided. The obvious choice would be the Mi-2 Hoplite, and I have seen screenies of a great looking one (in Polish colours I believe) which has been in development for ages but I can't recall who the author is.

Just my two cents anyway. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (saper @ Jan. 21 2003,21:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">O'k, what you'll say about this bird?

http://www.airwar.ru/enc/uh/ka60.html - in russian<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah but need blueprints and they seem unfindable for that chopper confused.gif

That chopper would really rock in ofp(KA-60)

smile.gif

-Snake

the kasatka would be the best thing to hit ofp sence......ofp? biggrin.gif

ps. it looked so sweet in one of the opening scenes in mgs2 biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Jan. 21 2003,20:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That chopper would really rock in ofp(KA-60)

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yup, that would be sweet. Reminds me a little of the Lynx in terms of appearance, and it probably has similar performance (high speed, very maneouvrable etc).

yes but i think that they are better in mobility, top speed, and just plain looks very cool in a black paint scheme with the big red star on the side. but remember to make an unarmed verson for fun(cuz they look slicker like that biggrin.gif )

Yeah, and add some of these, erm, pilots as crew...

Pilots

Joe wink.gif

LOL PSC! biggrin.gif

Seriously though, PSC or AKM74, you two both make amazing Russian addons. Would either of you be interested in making a KA-60 or any other Russian light transport helicopter? I can just imagine the inch-perfect model and photorealistic textures (like on AKM74's BMD)...

*gets a cloth to wipe away the drool* tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (chaztheducky @ Jan. 21 2003,22:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ps. it looked so sweet in one of the opening scenes in mgs2 biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe i fell in love with it since i started playing MGS2 biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Jan. 21 2003,22:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Jan. 21 2003,20:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That chopper would really rock in ofp(KA-60)

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yup, that would be sweet. Reminds me a little of the Lynx in terms of appearance, and it probably has similar performance (high speed, very maneouvrable etc).<span id='postcolor'>

Reminds me of Airwolf...wonder how that mod is going BTW.  sad.gif

P.S. Is the Lynx the chopper used in reign of Fire?