PanBramburek

New player - is teaming ok?

Hey outlanders!

I’ve just came to Vigor after grinding PUBG for 2 years since day 1. They’ve added bots to public games, so it’s officially dead.

Now back to the topic - my whole PUBG squad has left the game and we instantly fell in love with Vigor.

We’re all Czechs, so our interest is magnified by the fact that Vigor is from a Czech dev studio that is keeping us entertained ever since Mafia came out.

Now...we love to play together, but from pubg we know that teaming is forbidden.

I’ve watched the Vigor Season 3 dev video and in the cutscenes, they’re moving around in 4man squads.

So...is it allowed around here to team up 2 duos?

If not, do you plan to introduce squads in near future?

Thanks!

Teaming is generally frowned upon by the community but there’s no official rule saying you can’t do that though it’s difficult to actually get into such a team with recent updates. I’m afraid to say the vigor community is somewhat struggling in its late game stages. A new player absolutely will enjoy this up to a certain plot don’t get me wrong but it may be somewhat limited. I don’t team games will be a thing but who knows at this point. 

If I may ask what happened regarding bots on PubG? I’m curious how that’s been implemented if you could shed more light on that. 

28 minutes ago, Matthew Aiken said:

If I may ask what happened regarding bots on PubG? I’m curious how that’s been implemented if you could shed more light on that. 

Have a look at this vid of mine...it says it all I think.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/panbramburek/video/95430710

Matches are now starting with 5 real players and 95 thick as f* bots.

Wonder if vigor will ever turn out the same way with bots in players place 😂 might make for more relaxed matches lol

If Vigor turns into that I'll buy BI and sack everyone involved.

• Haha 1

With the way the servers are headed, I wouldn't be surprised.

Still! Still there are 3-4 minute waits for servers, I played a random duo on Bridges that had 2 solo's and only 2 other duo teams...

That's how hard it is to find games.

Back to the OP, yes teaming is frowned upon but there's nothing out in place to stop it so either deal with it or git gud as I'm told 😂

That can't be be right. They took away map selection to minimise wait times!!

I jest. 

I'm seeing the same set of players in encounters and longer wait times. I struggle to play more than 5 a day as I no longer look forward to it. The grind is a pain and I'm fed up with it. I much preferred setting my own goals.

I don't know what the solution is, but for me I want the choice to either get involved in the season or not.

Back to the question. Go and play squad games elsewhere. This is a solo survival scenario (with a Duo's option) and we don't need more teamers. 

Apologies if I sound a little terse, but this game is on a downward spiral in my view, and it won't be long before I stop playing it.

• Like 1

I played 4 encounters this afternoon, my first game on Fiske, I came over the top of the mountain and dug up the cache that's next to the wood hut. To my surprise I found the loot without the picture and at the beginning of the match too.

That joy was short lived however, I could hear footsteps coming my way, I stop and aim up my ADR and unload a good portion of my magazine into him only to be shot dead by his pistol 🤦.

I've noticed a lot more recently that crouching and aiming gives no advantage as people running around like headless chickens just need to stop and aim and have more advantage than the guy crouched...

This game has just become a click and collect game for me, with a finished battlepass I have nothing to play for.

They need to add something for those of us with finished shelters and battlepass' like banking XP for the next season or something.

On the plus side my final game of the afternoon I managed to collect 30 caffeine and 15 iodine from a Duo duping 😂

Yeah I noticed crouching = easier shots for the enemy headshots anyway makes little sense but I must say though I’m worse than most people most days I don’t play a match at all 😂 if I feel like it maybe a handful 3-4 then I’m bored. I simply must avoid all contact, can’t recall how many times someone’s mulled over to my spawn with the help of portable signals to hunt me boring as hell when that happens. 

On 4/30/2020 at 5:22 PM, Matthew Aiken said:

Wonder if vigor will ever turn out the same way with bots in players place 😂 might make for more relaxed matches lol

Are you sure that bots don't already exist?

For my part, I am convinced that I have already met them late at night back when you still could choose maps freely.

Has Bohemia ever denied their existence?

Very good question! Could be a hidden conspiracy! But then they surely wouldnt keep updating the game with large content packets if we were at the stage of bots 🤔

I unfortunately think we already have passed that stage.

We are too few active players so it just became impossible to keep every map open and playable around the clock.

But instead of continuing the bot experiment that i think i saw they took away map selection to force us into the same map.

Which should mean less waiting time.

That's exactly what they said to us all this time.

Any conclusive proof that they used bots? Just speculation otherwise though I am curious if this was the reasoning for the map selection removal not to combat cheaters but to address falling player count.