Sign in to follow this  
-SZ-Vladimir

French army mod

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanadianTerror @ Jan. 23 2003,20:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well,  I say "ma sour et un crayon!"

...And here I thought my grade 8 french would never come into play!

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

"My sister and a pencil?"

wow.gifconfused.gif

(edit - I do realize that "sour" isn't French for sister, which is 'soeur', but it's the first thing that popped in my head. I'm a pervert.)

Would anyone be interested in making a Foreign Legion Campaign? I'm thinking of something like how ROC Mod works, where you commit some kind of crime and join the FFL, then pick what regiment you want to go in (2e REP, 1er REI, Hussars, etc.).

We'd of course utilize this mod. I'd even like to have French voice actors and make it look professional.

Anyone interested in being part of the project (I wouldn't necessarily want to lead it...)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mr. Duck @ Jan. 23 2003,01:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ehm, by the way, about the website. Just curious... Are you planning on translating them in English too? My French isn't that good you see...  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, it's planned. We can't give you any date but it will

News (I think)!

The first addon for this mod will be released on Feb 13th! Huzzah! I finally get my Foreign Legionnaires!!!!!

I'm pretty sure I translated this page right.

French legionaires? Where? I don't see them. According to my (limited) french it's only infantry units. I didn't see anyone mentioning something about them too (legion etranger or something like that). Ah well, just wait and see. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mr. Duck @ Feb. 11 2003,14:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">French legionaires? Where? I don't see them. According to my (limited) french it's only infantry units. I didn't see anyone mentioning something about them too (legion etranger or something like that). Ah well, just wait and see.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Rats. You're right. On more thorough inspection, I don't see them either. However, I assumed that they would be included because on one of the pages of this topic, they mention what will be released in the near future. They included the Legion Etranger with the infantry models for near future release. I'm kinda bummed now. Hope they come out soon. sad.gif

Well, in the mean time, you can still have a use for my legionnaires. I've proposed to OFrP to give them my addon and I'm waiting for them to answer.

By the way, my site is in english, but I'm a frog too.

And about the legion taking murderers in it's rank, it is only a legend: a murderer would never be accepted (and they're checking, of course)

my website:

OFP_Legion

Here is a picture to give you the idea:

-Horrido

edit:ralphwiggum: image size > 100k

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (horrido @ Feb. 13 2003,04:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, in the mean time, you can still have a use for my legionnaires. I've proposed to OFrP to give them my addon and I'm waiting for them to answer.

By the way, my site is in english, but I'm a frog too.

And about the legion taking murderers in it's rank, it is only a legend: a murderer would never be accepted (and they're checking, of course)

my website:

OFP_Legion

Here is a picture to give you the idea:

-Horrido

edit:ralphwiggum:  image size > 100k<span id='postcolor'>

wow , cool

any chance to have a 2nd REG pionneer ? smile.gif

Hi Horrido,

I'm very impressed with those addons! I wish I knew about them earlier!

If you don't mind, I'd also like to make some requests:

1. A Legionnaire in dress uniform (kepi blanc, epaulettes, a fourragere or two, etc. - maybe not from a specific regiment, but more generic). Maybe also an NCO/officer with a kepi noir?

2. A Legionnaire engineer (from 2 REG, I suppose wink.gif ) in dress uniform with beard and maybe an ax and that leather apron they wear.

3. A desert uniform? Maybe with a cheche (desert scarf) wrapped around their head for scenarios based in Chad and/or Djibouti?

Otherwise, thanks for everything! I'm gonna go play with your addons and demo mission now!

For make mission :

Resistance/Franch vs US (I have play a coop French vs US today smile.gif)

or

Resistance/French vs URSS

It's more interessting when Leclerc fight vs a M1 or a T80 than vs a T55 smile.gif also for a better gamelplay we put French in Resistance.

This subject has long discuded on OFrP Forum smile.gif

Vladimir