Sign in to follow this  
-SZ-Vladimir

French army mod

Just saw the two trailers, and it was quite, well, quite, C'EST TRES MAGNIFIQUE (or something like that). Damn, those soldiers look awesome (hey why aren't my army soldiers like that?). Them trailers we're (in my eyes) very professionally done.

mais, mon francais c'est ne pas bien.  smile.gif

edit:

shit, posted twice, can anybody please remove the first one please? mods?

What does the "Arm'ee de Terre" on the tail of the choppers mean??

Armée de Terre = French Army

This Trailers are not mission, only a demo, actually we haven't mission... but we work on smile.gif

Vladimir

No, no. I mean, is this whole French thing you are making going to be a campaign?

Or will it just be a single mission?

Also, will it have real French speaking in it like OPF normal has real Russian?

hello !

thanks for your comment smile.gif

I'll give you some complementary informations:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">did Ayorros give you the last version of his french soldiers ? <span id='postcolor'>

yep !! Ayorros is working in our team smile.gif

** somebody ask me if FAMAS is based on vipersheart's model**

No, all addons with only 'operation frenchpoint' label are 100% new-original model,texture and cpp. We give always credits for extra-based models smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What does the "Armée de Terre" on the tail of the choppers mean??

vlad reply:  Armée de Terre = French Army<span id='postcolor'>

humm: Armée de Terre = land forces  exactly wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Could we please get a list of units which will be included in this mod<span id='postcolor'>

yes:

in a short time release:

French infantry: regular, Légion étrangÄre, Paratroops, Troupe de Marine (marines), crews, artic, desert, medic.

Weapons:FAMAS F1, minimi para, Luchaire rifle grenade, PAMAS G1, MAC50, Eryx.

Vehicle:

Air: SA530 Puma (standard, Pirate), SA341 Gazelle (HOT, Mistral, canon), AS565 Dauphin, Mirage2000

ground: AMX10P, Leclerc

Later:

Weapons: Fr-F2, Hecat (snip'rifles), LRAC89, AA-52 (MG) ...

Vehicles: AMX10RC, ERC90, VAB, VBL ...

BOBMORAN (ofrp coordinator)

Is this whole French thing you are making going to be a campaign?

Also, will it have real French speaking in it like OPF normal has real Russian?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Jan. 21 2003,01:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is this whole French thing you are making going to be a campaign?

Also, will it have real French speaking in it like OPF normal has real Russian?<span id='postcolor'>

Actually I think all the stuff you see will be primarily "ADDONS". (right in "ADDONS & MODS: WORK IN PROGRESS" forum tounge.gif )

Consider a campaign or JUST a single mission as an extra

AFAIK all the commands/messages from audio speaker are in english (even for East side). Maybe you think about voice like in sound effect trigger? these voices are defined in original game under class CfgSounds, I doubt there is a way to add some more except than editing work (description.ext)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aeon @ Jan. 21 2003,03:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Jan. 21 2003,01:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is this whole French thing you are making going to be a campaign?

Also, will it have real French speaking in it like OPF normal has real Russian?<span id='postcolor'>

Actually I think all the stuff you see will be primarily "ADDONS". (right in "ADDONS & MODS: WORK IN PROGRESS" forum tounge.gif )

Consider a campaign or JUST a single mission as an extra

AFAIK all the commands/messages from audio speaker are in english (even for East side). Maybe you think about voice like in sound effect trigger? these voices are defined in original game under class CfgSounds, I doubt there is a way to add some more except than editing work (description.ext)<span id='postcolor'>

Or you could de-pbo the voice.pbo in the data folder and try replacing everything there. smile.gif

man you guys are on the ball. did yall plan to release info on operation frenchpoint as a suprize? beacuse it shure gave me a good wake up call. anyhoo cant wait for the beta release biggrin.gif

Ehm, by the way, about the website. Just curious... Are you planning on translating them in English too? My French isn't that good you see... sad.gif

I'm very disappointed to see right-wing movement bashing French army, and more when their link are posted in a video game forum such OFP. mad.gif

Please OxPecker or moderator edit and remove the links

(people, try to stick to the subject)

Good new, Operation FrenchPoint website is open : http://ofrp.free.fr

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We are thurdsday still nothing  <span id='postcolor'>

They only said the website would be open on wednesday.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aeon @ Jan. 23 2003,09:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm very disappointed to see right-wing movement bashing French army, and more when their link are posted in a video game forum such OFP. mad.gif

Please OxPecker or moderator edit and remove the links

(people, try to stick to the subject)

Good new, Operation FrenchPoint website is open : http://ofrp.free.fr<span id='postcolor'>

Come on dude, have a sense of humour.

I think he was getting at the article more than the right wing news source. I have seen that paricular article at many news sites. I would assume that's why he posted two different links.

Still, that gag is a little old. But I guess it is appropriate to Frenchpoint. wink.gif

You are free to post sarcastic or politic articles in Offtopic forum, but you shouldn't in this thread, specially with URL "Operation Frenchpoint Demo Beta Download", if everybody post fake links it will be messy to find the real ones incoming

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aeon @ Jan. 23 2003,15:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You are free to post sarcastic or politic articles in Offtopic forum, but you shouldn't in this thread, specially with URL "Operation Frenchpoint Demo Beta Download", if everybody post fake links it will be messy to find the real ones incoming<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry if I made you cry. Many apologies.

How about I give you a big hug and we go for ice cream! smile.gif

Seriously man, get a goddamn sense of humour. crazy.gif

Oh, and about the right wing news source, I'm no neo-nazi if thats what people think, it was just the first link to the article that I found on a web search.

Sig Heil

oops, that just slipped out tounge.gif

Look, sorry to hellfish and everyone else. It was meant as a joke. I dint mean to piss anyone off. I wont make the mistake of trying to add a bit of humour here again.

I wonder if avonlady did it you'd all be slapping your thighs and posting 27 smileys. Is it because im a n00b?

Don't get me wrong - I'm an American and I thought it was funny (as I'm sure there are lots of American jokes that the French think are funny), but I don't think it's appropriate here, especially when disguised as a beta download. And even more especially when these guys are doing a lot of work for us, for free. And they are being really, really professional about it.

So, I say "AVANT LES CHARS DE MORT!" in my really poor French. biggrin.gif