Sign in to follow this  
ArachnidOverlord

Portable signal detector spam is broken

Pretty straightforward, being able to spam portable signal detectors is quite possibly more powerful than the P90 or any other weapon in the game. 

It gives you the ability to constantly track down players who would otherwise be well hidden without them even knowing they're being tracked by a COD style "radar always on". Thus giving you a massive advantage and the ability to basically kill the one you're tracking with little effort. 

The very least that could be done is to make the portable detector warn the victim that they've been spotted similar to the actual signal detector but distinctive so you know it was a portable one spotting you.

A cool down could also be added to prevent players from using it like a UAV sort of thing. 

Or you could make the portable detector reveal the user's position to the victim in addition to notifying them they're being spotted to at least give them a chance to fight.

53 minutes ago, ArachnidOverlord said:

Pretty straightforward, being able to spam portable signal detectors is quite possibly more powerful than the P90 or any other weapon in the game. 

It gives you the ability to constantly track down players who would otherwise be well hidden without them even knowing they're being tracked by a COD style "radar always on". Thus giving you a massive advantage and the ability to basically kill the one you're tracking with little effort. 

The very least that could be done is to make the portable detector warn the victim that they've been spotted similar to the actual signal detector but distinctive so you know it was a portable one spotting you.

A cool down could also be added to prevent players from using it like a UAV sort of thing. 

Or you could make the portable detector reveal the user's position to the victim in addition to notifying them they're being spotted to at least give them a chance to fight.

its interesting thought but they are damn expensive already  and take a long time to build...  i would be shocked if guys are carrying them that long.. perhaps the signal locator warning would be a good touch though.. and it only tells the loc of the guy nearest to you not everyone

They are a bit expensive but that doesn't matter to an end-tier player with all material-makers maxed out. 

This item in my opinion is one of the most powerful consumables in the game next to healing consumables because it can easily and single-handedly change the entire outcome of a game.

And players who spam insurance can have a field day because they can carry as many of these as they want without having to worry about losing the ones they didn't use.

Also even with knowing you're being tracked the user of these detectors is still at a massive advantage because they know where you are but you don't know where they are. If you re position and they're near they can ambush you and kill you. If you don't re position they know exactly where you are and sneak up on you to kill you.

I strongly disagree with your thoughts that people are going to just stop using them, it is a meta item especially with the insurance spammers or those who have a ridiculous amount of materials saved up.

It allows you to effectively use a sort-of equivalent to a signal detector without having to risk yourself going to one. It may spot only one player at a time but in solo play that is still incredibly powerful and in team play it helps you find their nearby allies as well because teams usually travel close together.

I think just suck it up, why shouldn't people that have grinded for their materials be able to put them to use in the Portable Signals Detector?

Only once have I seen someone with more than 1 or 2 when I've looted them, they had 15 to be exact 😂

Learn and adapt. I'm constantly on the move in game, be aware of who's in lobby and what guns they have, listen for that ADR shooting off in the distance, be aware of the maps and what's around you.

This is a non issue IMO. It's whining on issues like this and people teaming in solo that led to them taking our map choice away.

Be careful what you wish for.

Why do so many people want to make the game as simple as possible? I think that you have to put in some work and tactics to get things done, how pathetic is it to enter a round without fighting players, looting until your pockets burst and heading for the exit? No it doesn't work that way, you know if I was a technician in this game I probably would have given up a long time ago, there are people who act like little girls because they got into a round of 20 where there was team building, and what do we get out of it? Only one more ridiculous card to choose, the random selection is a catastrophe because I often get cards that I basically hate and have never played before, now I have to play them, then there are the people who cry because of signal detectors, then because of campers, then it is the urine that burns or the cat food that doesn't taste, dear people this way you can also update good games broken let me tell you that!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eKLaB said:

I think just suck it up, why shouldn't people that have grinded for their materials be able to put them to use in the Portable Signals Detector?

Only once have I seen someone with more than 1 or 2 when I've looted them, they had 15 to be exact 😂

Learn and adapt. I'm constantly on the move in game, be aware of who's in lobby and what guns they have, listen for that ADR shooting off in the distance, be aware of the maps and what's around you.

This is a non issue IMO. It's whining on issues like this and people teaming in solo that led to them taking our map choice away.

Be careful what you wish for.

Now you're just putting words into my text box lmfao. I already said it doesn't matter much if they're after you it's pretty easy to sneak up on somebody, especially if you literally have radar always on equivalent. It gives a huge advantage and you haven't dealt with it yet.

It will become the meta for this game and it will probably make the game a lot worse when it does. It's like if you could get premium ammo that increased your damage but costed gold, people spam it all the time in other games and it's pay-to-win beyond belief.

It is not the people's fault that they took map choice away open your damn eyes, they made ammo more expensive, reduced food crate loot and nerfed it twice, destroyed daily challenges, reduced XP earnings from everything and also diluted all crate loot with a bunch of garbage. You better believe it that that "the john" is named after a go house because it was made to dilute the special issue pool, reducing its value and saving the devs more money.

3 hours ago, Xaphan Misanthrop said:

Why do so many people want to make the game as simple as possible? I think that you have to put in some work and tactics to get things done, how pathetic is it to enter a round without fighting players, looting until your pockets burst and heading for the exit? No it doesn't work that way, you know if I was a technician in this game I probably would have given up a long time ago, there are people who act like little girls because they got into a round of 20 where there was team building, and what do we get out of it? Only one more ridiculous card to choose, the random selection is a catastrophe because I often get cards that I basically hate and have never played before, now I have to play them, then there are the people who cry because of signal detectors, then because of campers, then it is the urine that burns or the cat food that doesn't taste, dear people this way you can also update good games broken let me tell you that!

Again with putting words into my text box lol. When did I say I wanted the game as simple as possible? I'll bet the both of you I'm quoting happen to spam these and don't want them nerfed lol. 

I never said I don't fight, I never said I just loot and exit, in fact I very rarely loot and exit. I always go for barred house, signal detector and crate. I will fight to the death for shit constantly and I've gotten countless kills and crates from it. 

The random selection is bad but it's not because of people "whining" that it was ruined, it was ruined because some maps were too easy so the devs wanted to protect their bottom line by removing player choice. 

I also never said anything about the regular signal detector but clearly you haven't read the title "PORTABLE SIGNAL DETECTOR". I like the regular signal detector and it is really well balanced actually so  you just wasted your time because you couldn't read what I actually wrote and put a response to something unrelated. 

And again someone is crying, no one has pointed a finger at her I am just talking about many people whining in this sense beautiful evening still