DSabre

Flying Legends

Does it work after you drop the secondaries? If so you can use reload in the mousewheel menu to select the main bomb.

Beyond that, I think it can happen as soon you change the loadout. The bomb loaded by default should work. 

1 hour ago, DSabre said:

Does it work after you drop the secondaries? If so you can use reload in the mousewheel menu to select the main bomb.

Beyond that, I think it can happen as soon you change the loadout. The bomb loaded by default should work. 

No I dropped all secondary bombs and it didn't come up on the scrollwheel menu and I didnt touch the pylon settings and it still won't work.

Posted (edited)

Works fine for me. The smaller ordnance that can be selected is not working currently, the default loadout should.

You have all other mods disabled? The SBD should not have secondaries by default, only the Ju 87 has.

I suppose you have some mod active that changes the ammo or loadouts. That makes sense. The divebomber ordnance is a new class and other mods will not be compatible till they add the new classnames to the weapon configs supported magazines.

Edited by DSabre

Coming next update

Yesterday evening I wondered how difficult it would be to turn my Fw 190 A into a D. Couldn't be too hard, the tail is a bit further back, the nose a little longer right?

Turns out it was not very difficult - but took a lot longer than planned. 

Lots of pulling and pushing vertices back and forth, deleting some, adding a few, remapping the UV about 3 or 4 times - because I had made a mistake and had to restart. I had to redesign the belly to match proportions, and for that I had to redo all gear bay doors, and then also the gear bays. I had to delete the entire nose section because of the cut out exhausts of the A version, which did not allow me to simply extrude the nose section. 

Eventually it matched the blueprint more or less and I consider it finished.

(except for creating a new texture, and a new normal map, the smdi, changing the armament, fixing all armament settings to make the separate muzzle flashes and gun counters work, check that the smoke puffs originate at the correct place, same for the ejected shells, copy everything into a new addon, change all path names in all files, update all p3d paths and proxies,... 🙂)

wuV40j5.jpeg
This is how I had imagined the process. It was nothing like this.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

well it was a bit chaotic but happy with the result

• Like 6

nMxaf6Q.png 

wuyWwW9.png

0rjdybF.png 

lKs54rp.png

I really want to finish the Westland Lysander but keep getting stuck,  am going to try this Fiat G.50 instead, which I also started a couple years ago

fXY2Hro.png

Also dug out my old G4M model but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Like 3

Pk4cSZa.png

QqtW6l4.png

This went a lot smoother than the conversion of the FW 190 D. Sometimes it is better to start from scratch

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have to post more to keep track of all the changes for the next version

Ou8mgCS.jpeg

G.50 Freccia

RxBge2N.jpeg

The physX implementation of Arma nearly made me give up on this. It is not possible to simply copy a setup from a working setup of similar dimensions, like the F4F I used here. Even if you copy the config, the geo lod and the memory lod it just behaves differently. Not logical. Somehow the models bounding box or pixel count or whatever plays a part - so every plane is unique and there is no way around adjusting it over and over again. It is such a huge time waste for something that should be trivial.

p1gCBb7.jpeg

Version C returns. Now with 2 blade prop.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Xi9OvCj.png

TWnanDP.jpeg

possible feature for the next update

something I always wanted to add, an option to open the engine cowling on the 109s

Edited by DSabre
  • Like 6

On 3/28/2024 at 11:50 PM, DSabre said:

The physX implementation of Arma nearly made me give up on this.

I know exactly what you mean. For the Unsung tail draggers and some other planes I now rely on a hack: Via MissionEventHandler per frame script that stops the plane from rolling. For what it's worth, I cannot really figure out what's wrong with the suspension in physX, some planes, especially with rear wheel, like to roll away.

Awesome updates, Dsabre, well done!

• Like 1

On 3/30/2024 at 12:12 PM, DSabre said:

possible feature for the next update

Something crossed my mind looking at your pic there with the plane in part in pieces. When the plane gets shot down, or

crashes would those pieces break off the plane, or is the removal of those specific pieces done in a certain way?

I'm assuming that the destruction of a plane has a whole different function and would have to be setup differently to break into pieces correct?

Posted (edited)

For the 109 C/E that's a hide animation. The engine cowling is still there but hidden. The separate cowling is another object you can place. It is all just make belief.

YE94FS8.jpeg

A very rare achievement is that the Bf 110, IL-2 and I-16 can lose parts of the gear. This only works because those aircraft do not use the physX gear emulation. Usually this approach does not work and makes the planes bumby and explody on the ground. No idea why it still works for these few. 

Do you know any other mods in Arma with a more elaborate damage system, like where things breake off?

Edited by DSabre
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DSabre said:

Do you know any other mods in Arma with a more elaborate damage system, like where things breake off?

No i dont know of any, theres only the one mod that stops the bouncing when the plane crashes.

v 0.035

- added Fw 190 D

- readded Bf 109 C

- added G.50

- targeting restricted to Ar 235 and He 177 (for Fritz X)

- fixed dorsal turret on Ju 86

- fuel tanks now reduce manouverability - by temporarily reducing weight by 500kg till the tanks are dropped

(yes reducing weight, no typo, physX implementation in Arma is that weird)

- various other changes I can't remember right now

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

To anyone considering to retexture the Bf 109C : wait a little more till I fix the broken UV map for its chin mounted radiator/cooler thingy

• Like 1