Oldninja

Teaming in solo encounters - Spectating!

I know it's a thorny subject with many points of view being aired on here and other forums. I also understand from my limited technical knowledge that a solution is not easy to achieve. That means teaming in solo encounters is down to the integrity of the individuals concerned.

However, I have just come out of 2 solo encounters on Grontheim where I remain convinced that teaming was pretty obvious.

I'm not going to publish my tactics, but having despatched one outlander and taken some useful loot, weapons and ammo. I decided to stay in the encounter and try for a little more. Before I could move on I heard the approach of another outlander. I readied myself as he/she approached. There was some ammo and a knife in the death box, as I didn't need it. I saw the death box empty as the other outlander, who by the way made straight to it rather than look around the building, looted it from behind an adjacent wall. He then made into the room directly into my sights. Before I could make an impression on him/her, I was ended. Bad luck or maybe something else.

In a similar manner on the previous encounter I despatched an outlander. This time I decided to exit with my ill gotten loot and very useful weapons/ammo. I exited and made for the north road exit. As soon as I was on the move a hail of bullets was incoming, a couple hit but I managed to evade and eventually made a successful exit.

I've played this game since becoming a founder in late 2018, and have very rarely experienced 2 players in such close proximity to each other, with the second one seemingly very familiar with my movements.

I am therefore, in my usual verbose manner, requesting an end to spectating! It's blindingly obvious to me that the dead outlander talked his pal into an advantageous position by using spectate after I killed him.

I myself have only ever used it once. Out of interest when I was despatched by two outlanders who turned out to be in a team of 4!

So please consider ending the facility or limiting it to 10 seconds at most, in fact no, 10 seconds is still more than enough to give your position away to a teammate. Just end it please.

The only way to defeat it currently is to get off the map after you kill someone, or at least it has spooked me into behaving that way.

Any other views on spectating?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Oldninja said:

I know it's a thorny subject with many points of view being aired on here and other forums. I also understand from my limited technical knowledge that a solution is not easy to achieve. That means teaming in solo encounters is down to the integrity of the individuals concerned.

However, I have just come out of 2 solo encounters on Grontheim where I remain convinced that teaming was pretty obvious.

I'm not going to publish my tactics, but having despatched one outlander and taken some useful loot, weapons and ammo. I decided to stay in the encounter and try for a little more. Before I could move on I heard the approach of another outlander. I readied myself as he/she approached. There was some ammo and a knife in the death box, as I didn't need it. I saw the death box empty as the other outlander, who by the way made straight to it rather than look around the building, looted it from behind an adjacent wall. He then made into the room directly into my sights. Before I could make an impression on him/her, I was ended. Bad luck or maybe something else.

In a similar manner on the previous encounter I despatched an outlander. This time I decided to exit with my ill gotten loot and very useful weapons/ammo. I exited and made for the north road exit. As soon as I was on the move a hail of bullets was incoming, a couple hit but I managed to evade and eventually made a successful exit.

I've played this game since becoming a founder in late 2018, and have very rarely experienced 2 players in such close proximity to each other, with the second one seemingly very familiar with my movements.

I am therefore, in my usual verbose manner, requesting an end to spectating! It's blindingly obvious to me that the dead outlander talked his pal into an advantageous position by using spectate after I killed him.

I myself have only ever used it once. Out of interest when I was despatched by two outlanders who turned out to be in a team of 4!

So please consider ending the facility or limiting it to 10 seconds at most, in fact no, 10 seconds is still more than enough to give your position away to a teammate. Just end it please.

The only way to defeat it currently is to get off the map after you kill someone, or at least it has spooked me into behaving that way.

Any other views on spectating?

100% agree to go down with the time of spectating ! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, stanolli said:

not really

Please, elaborate on how this doesn't fix the problem?

If someone dead can't see, they'd have to have impeccable hearing to give away positions...

• Like 1

Hello, hello, 

I'm a self-confessed team in single solo mode hateful person, I just can't stand this game behaviour, I ask myself every time what's going on in their heads, what do these tough killers think? Do they feel good with 2 - 3 people about someone who honestly means to attack? Do they say to themselves, "I'm as good as I get"? Me personally it would go after a short time on the nuts and would have somehow even doubts about myself! They must be aware that these hard team single mode killer alone can do nothing? Isn't that a sign of poverty? Would these hard team single mode killer really use the team mode as it should be, they would even notice that they can do nothing! So what else can we do?
I would say you should just accept a party invitation, you can also talk over microphone, I really often get invitations, only I am not able to speak English, I would not benefit from it, so someone who can speak English should get involved in such things to find out how this team structure works and especially how they manage in the selection process when a session is loaded, which is on a random principle, always come in a round, why does not one of them end up in another session and his partner in a completely different round? No, they all go to a party and usually always end up in a session together!

Spectating should not be more then 5 to 10 seconds..  like the time it take to get out the map at the exit point... 

• Like 1

But you know folks, I don't want to imply anything, but areas like crowns, the gold coins you have to buy, are protected from hacks, glitches or other scams, a lot of work has been and is being put into this and I can assure you that this is not possible without such areas being absolutely secure and protected, so why can't any of them manage to deny this team solo mode killer'n that I'm saying it from my perspective scam possibilities for good?

The devs recently implemented a patch to stop people cancelling matchmaking at the “preparing” stage to stop teaming in solos and Duos. Problem is there’s a workaround for it so it’s totally useless 😂 teamers will always find a way!

Agreed; the teaming in solo happens far too often, to the point I wont play during slow hours. I enjoy seeing where my enemy was when I die, but I dont need to spectate them further.