Oldninja

Jan 15th Update - First Impressions

My first session with the latest update today. Focussed on one map and played @12 encounters.

Not yet experienced all the fixes and changes, but what I have experienced delivers an overall improvement in my view.

The slight concerns :-

1. Of the encounters I played I spawned into the same location 8 times. Not saying the update is responsible, but not quite as random as before and is likely to be just bad luck.

2. Having spawned into the same location I immediately set off on my looting route. The benchmark for available loot was set by my first run in an unboosted encounter. Of the 8 times I spawned in only 2 encounters were boosted, by 150% and 300% respectively.

The odd thing was that the loot on my route was greater in the unboosted encounters than in the boosted encounters, in fact the available loot was at it's least in the 300% boosted encounter. 

As I was mainly in one area it's not possible to say if the loot scenario was the same across the whole map. 

Nothing else springs to mind at the moment. Anyone other outlanders picked up on anything?

3 hours ago, Oldninja said:

My first session with the latest update today. Focussed on one map and played @12 encounters.

Not yet experienced all the fixes and changes, but what I have experienced delivers an overall improvement in my view.

The slight concerns :-

1. Of the encounters I played I spawned into the same location 8 times. Not saying the update is responsible, but not quite as random as before and is likely to be just bad luck.

2. Having spawned into the same location I immediately set off on my looting route. The benchmark for available loot was set by my first run in an unboosted encounter. Of the 8 times I spawned in only 2 encounters were boosted, by 150% and 300% respectively.

The odd thing was that the loot on my route was greater in the unboosted encounters than in the boosted encounters, in fact the available loot was at it's least in the 300% boosted encounter. 

As I was mainly in one area it's not possible to say if the loot scenario was the same across the whole map. 

Nothing else springs to mind at the moment. Anyone other outlanders picked up on anything?

1. loot was abundant...I agree.

2. I had a hard time  hitting shots when encountering people.  Aim felt fine, but shots didnt seem to register as well.  Sometimes thats this game for me though.

3. My partners (I was playing duos) footstep sounds were bugged.  Sounded like he was hopping unless I looked at him, and then sound was normal, but if he was to the side or behind me...it sounded bad.  Enemies footsteps sounded fine.

Spawns seems weird when you can see 3 teams spawning near the safe. On the small Battery I understand that, but on Grontheim, feels weird.

Last time, we were only 2 teams on Grontheim (what a luck. I even experienced being alone on Grontheim, on duo). The safe was in the 3 little red houses, far south east if I remember well. We spawn at 50 meters, and the only team on the map spawned at 50 meters on the other side.

Very unlucky. 1m30 later, only 1 player was alive on the map, nothing was looted. A great, and free, moment.

I do appreciate the exp increase across the board for the season pass, challenges, crates and loot values are way up though I’m salty you have to open the safe for the exp they added dig spot exp! Anyone able to say if you have to take something from the sage for exp or literally just open it?

Ah but the The question was do you need to take an item from the safe to get exp or does there just have to be something in there and you simply peek inside without taking anything to “access” the safe 

Just finished a session and have a little more feedback to report.

Decided to test my shooting skills and in my first 2 encounters I setup good bushwhacking positions. One in a building and the other in the woods. The sound that now announces the arrival of another outlander is very strange and quite misleading. In the house scenario it sounded as though he was on a pogo stick (younger outlanders may need to Google it), and the sound level was identical wherever he was in the house, thus it was difficult to know when he would appear in the room I had staked out. Poor excuse I know, but I was quite surprised when he entered the room and failed to finish him off. He made me pay and all I can say is lesson learned. Similar pogo stick scenario in the woods. I was trying to work out which direction he was coming from and before I knew it he was in my field of fire and gone before I could react. So overall the sound is a bit of an issue. I think I preferred it pre update.

Did get a kill later and some good looting runs in the subsequent encounters, but the noises now associated with running, and other outlanders in my vicinity is definitely going to take some getting use to.

3 hours ago, Oldninja said:

Just finished a session and have a little more feedback to report.

Decided to test my shooting skills and in my first 2 encounters I setup good bushwhacking positions. One in a building and the other in the woods. The sound that now announces the arrival of another outlander is very strange and quite misleading. In the house scenario it sounded as though he was on a pogo stick (younger outlanders may need to Google it), and the sound level was identical wherever he was in the house, thus it was difficult to know when he would appear in the room I had staked out. Poor excuse I know, but I was quite surprised when he entered the room and failed to finish him off. He made me pay and all I can say is lesson learned. Similar pogo stick scenario in the woods. I was trying to work out which direction he was coming from and before I knew it he was in my field of fire and gone before I could react. So overall the sound is a bit of an issue. I think I preferred it pre update.

Did get a kill later and some good looting runs in the subsequent encounters, but the noises now associated with running, and other outlanders in my vicinity is definitely going to take some getting use to.

You are right on.  This is my biggest issue now after patch.  But to me its a pretty big one.

• Thanks 1