Sign in to follow this  
Kuljack

The Power of the Wave

Day 1 I used the wave. Someone returned my wave, and when I turned my back they gunned me down. I messaged them asking why they bothered saying Hey if they were just going to kill me. Their response ‘Trust no one.’

So, for the longest time I haven’t bothered. 

Today, I was feeling friendly though. I did a naked supply run on Dverg. Came across a guy, and saw him aiming down on me so i ducked. He began to approach me slowly around the rock and I popped the wave. ‘Hey’ my guy said dorkishly.

I waited, as he stared directly at me... a brief pause as I watched down the barrel for it to fire knowing what was coming. Then I hear it. ‘Hey!’ The wave was returned!

Do I tossed him a Salute and went on my way, given new meaning in the life I was granted. I came down the hill toward the little tent base with ammunition’s. As I approached it, I saw a guy ahead walking into the campsite. I turned to my left as i heard footsteps and it was another player. Not sure if it was my new friend, I gave him a directional point toward the other player. He followed me to the camp and I presented myself to the other player with another Wave.

He aims down and fires at me, so I ducked beneath a tent and hit him with that Wave a second time. It happens again... he bares down his sights on my direction and a pause issues. Then I hear the ‘Hey’ returned. Just then, the other player exposes themselves and the two pull up their arms at one another to fire and i slap them both with another Wave. ‘Hey’

I watch as they pause. I fully expected them to fire at each other, but to my surprise they both returned the wave at the same time!

’Hey’’Hey’ A beautiful Echo.

We all shares amongst the loot and went out separate ways. I made my way to the signal and found a nice little loot alcove. Then headed for the signal to see what areas might be safe to loot.

I hear footsteps in the house beside the signal, almost like they were waiting to camp anyone who thought to use it. I slap the Wave once more, ‘Hey’.

Nothing returned, so i slowly back up. They come out of the house rushing toward me and I feel that this is it. They stop at the signal, so I throw another Wave out there. 

This time it’s a female character, they pause with the gun pointed at me and there it was. A brief, but whimsical, ‘Hey’. They hit the signal and went off toward the supply drop.

I left the map, feeling the awesome power of the Wave. 🙂

• Like 1

I've found the wave works about 50/50.

Outlanders are rightly suspicious until they see you have no weapon.

If another outlander' does decide to shoot me, I try to run and hide for a few seconds before he finishes me, to destroy any loot I've picked up.

All fair in love and war..

6 hours ago, Oldninja said:

I've found the wave works about 50/50.

Outlanders are rightly suspicious until they see you have no weapon.

If another outlander' does decide to shoot me, I try to run and hide for a few seconds before he finishes me, to destroy any loot I've picked up.

All fair in love and war..

Haha! A guy did this to me when they had to supply drop once. Smart move.

I actually don't shoot people that wave. I've never tried it myself as a first move, but I'll return the gesture.  Had a few gun fights just end with the other guy waving.  I usually just slink away after that.  Most of the time a gun fight is not worth the material cost of the bullets anyway.