Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Q7rdQOK.png

 


We from TFT8 are proud to announce the public release of a joint work commission between ourselves and DustyPeek. The Army Combat Uniform Project.

The Public Release Contains the following:

Spoiler

 

Full ACU Combat Uniform in the 2019 Operational Camo Pattern (OCP) for the following US Army pay grades & Ranks:

 

  • RCT/PVT | E-0/E-1
  • PV2 | E-2
  • PFC | E-3
  • CPL/SPC | E-4
  • SGT | E-5
  • SSG | E-6
  • SFC | E-7
  • MSG/1SG | E-8
  • SGM | E-9
  • WOC | W-0
  • W01 | W-1
  • CW2 | W-2
  • CW3 | W-3
  • CW4 | W-4
  • 2LT | O-1
  • 1LT | O-2
  • CPT | O-3

 

ACU uniform pants & T-Shirts in the following variations:

 

  • ‘RANGER’ Black.
  • Coyote Brown with Special Operations Air Command short-sleeve-insignia (SSI)
  • Coyote Brown Undershirt

 

US Army Patrol Caps in 2019 OCP:

 

  • Patrol Cap(Field)
  • Patrol Cap(Parade)[With Extra Starch]

 

 

aoV3gIf.png

 

 

Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ):

Spoiler

Greetings! With the amount of comments and downloads coming in, we're establishing a FAQ of all questions we've already answered/ are answered frequently.

Q1. "The Flag should be on the flap of the pocket."
A1. We realize this is where the real flag would go, this slight difference isn't lost on us. We've sacrificed a small bit of realism to maintain the look of the flag and so that the unit emblem - which if you've joined a unit through the BI website - will display directly below the flag.

Q2. "This is an 'Outdated/Incorrect/etc' ACU".
A2. Not quite. This is based on the slightly older Army Combat Uniform, normally this standard would be using the OEF-CP (Or better known as American Multicam), however to keep it in line with all of our internal textures we've sacrificed a small bit of realism to use the better looking 2019 Operational Camo Pattern.

Q3. "Will you be adding X thing?"
A3. Our current mod scope won't be going beyond the US Army, and specifically what's provided on the tin for included things.

Q4. "Will you be adding X Marine Corps Thing?"
A4. No we have zero plans at this time to add anything related to the Marine Corps, whether that be covers or uniforms.

Q5. "Will you be adding gloves?"
A5. No plans to add gloves at this time. One of the mods we run internally handles this for us, but I can recommend the "My Little Operator" or MLO mod for that, but it won't be included in this mod.

 

Development Team:

 

DustyPeek - Model Rigging, Initial Textures, Initial Configuration

Farquharson - Final Configuration, Final Textures, Consulting

SheamusV - Consulting, Tester

 

Special Thanks:

 

Current and Prior American service members in TFT8 for realism consulting.

DustyPeek for taking on this ‘immense’ and important commission for our unit. If you’re interested in his other work, or commissioning him for yourself check out Raven Industries on discord.
Shaleshock for the awesome promotional in-game photography. Check him out over on Twitter.


Download on the Steam Workshop:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1872341060

Download via Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17s0Ltv5jLysbnJzuV_lGnz9V-GPyVtIb/view?usp=sharing

 

©2019 by S4@Task Force Tempor 8 Milsim

This work is licensed under the ArmA Public License (APL): https://www.bohemia.net/community/licenses/arma-public-license

 

Internal re-textures for private individual and unit use not made for public distribution on platforms such as but not limited to Armaholic, Steam Workshop, etc are permitted.

Derivative textures, naming, etc - must give proper, present and clear credit to TFT8.

This work is not to be publicly re-uploaded by any entity other than the official Task Force Tempor 8 development team.

iFY0lN2.png

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Mohsin666 said:

Armaholic links please

 

Its not up to the author to provide different download locations. I am sure once a member of Armaholic sees this download it will appear or alternatively perhaps let them know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mohsin666 said:

Armaholic links please

 

We have no plans to publish to Armaholic at this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice mod!

 

Is there any way to make the ranks on the jacket bigger? It might just be me but i can barely see the ranks, they are really small.

 

Also don't know if its intentional but the right arm velcro texture is going over the "border"

 

ZdiaQ4h.png

 

Again, thanks for the awesome mod

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kerozen said:

Is there any way to make the ranks on the jacket bigger? It might just be me but i can barely see the ranks, they are really small.

 

Also don't know if its intentional but the right arm velcro texture is going over the "border"

To address them in order:
1. The ranks are scaled as they are because of how they're displayed on the uniform in-game. We may look at finely tuning them to match a realistic standard, but that'll come at a much later date.

2. It's not fully intentional. During final adjustments we were playing with the pockets to get them to properly and nicely display patches, however it changed some of how the texture is displayed on the model. We've been aware of it but it's low on the list of things to fix/touch-up in future updates.

Appreciate the kind words. Glad to be able to share a version with the wider community as a niche-filling standalone pack.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any template that could be used to create private retexture? It would make it a lot easier since i suck at retextures without templates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OxiaMeme said:

So unit specific private retextures are ok but posting them on steam is not permitted?

Correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any tips on how to make the details (pockets, seams, etc) more noticeable? I suck at this without templates xD

 

413JvY8.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some online tutorials using photoshop or gimp that explain it fairly well, but most of its trial and error when not working backwards from a template.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question:

How do i change the jacket's texture in the editor?

 

Can't find hiddenselection for it

 

0 changes the shirt and pants

1 changes the boots

2 does nothing

3 changes rank

 

Is it only possible to change via config?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kerozen said:

Quick question:

How do i change the jacket's texture in the editor?

 

Can't find hiddenselection for it

 

0 changes the shirt and pants

1 changes the boots

2 does nothing

3 changes rank

 

Is it only possible to change via config?


Technically ID 2 is for the jacket, but it seems that the model config is incorrect, since also changing it with a custom config entry doesn't show any changes.

 

BJJq002.jpg

This is done with:

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {
    "#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,1,co)",     // red       shirt/pants   "Camo1"       0
    "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,1,0,1,co)",	  // green     boots         "Camo2"       1
    "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,1,1,co)",     // blue      jacket        "Camo3"       2
    "#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,1,0,1,co)",     // yellow    rank          "clan_sign"   3
    "#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,0,1,1,co)",     // fuchsia                 "clan"        4
    "#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,0.5,0,1,co)"    // orange                  "insignia"    5
};


It also seems that the clan image is not available.


PS. Great work on this uniform, it looks amazing!
It would be nice if we would be allowed to create (and publish) re-textures, since for some communities it became standard to use the Steam Workshop (even for custom mods).
And even better if we would be able to modify more parts of the uniform, like name (right chest) and department (left chest) through hiddenSelectionTextures.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Grezvany13 said:


Technically ID 2 is for the jacket, but it seems that the model config is incorrect, since also changing it with a custom config entry doesn't show any changes.

 

 

Thanks, so atm its not possible to retexture the jacket is that correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Grezvany13 said:

It also seems that the clan image is not available.


PS. Great work on this uniform, it looks amazing!
It would be nice if we would be allowed to create (and publish) re-textures, since for some communities it became standard to use the Steam Workshop (even for custom mods).
And even better if we would be able to modify more parts of the uniform, like name (right chest) and department (left chest) through hiddenSelectionTextures.

Thanks for the detailed bug report!

Re: Clan emblem - It pulls automatically from the squad.xml and isn't modifiable through selections.

Other selections like, Name, and department were left off the hidden selections list for ease of use, but may be a considered addition to the existing mod in the future.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New update today:

Added: W-5, O-4, O-5, & O-6 paygrades to uniform.
Added: Berets for - 173rd Airborne, 2nd Battalion 75th Rangers, Ranger Instructors, 5th Special Forces Group, and Special Operations Air Command (SOAC) [fictional]

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will it be possible to retexture the jacket? Or is it something that won't be make it into the mod?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone, just pushed an update:

Jacket is now re-texturable.
Added USAF No-rank Enlisted Uniform
Added USAF Officer rank Uniforms

Updated: Flag on US Army uniforms  updated to full color used on real ACU.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kaisharev said:

Hey, do we have permissions to retexture this?

 

To answer your question, refer to the mod license. I've also included a focused copy of it below.

 

On 9/25/2019 at 12:26 PM, Farquharson said:

 

©2019 by S4@Task Force Tempor 8 Milsim

This work is licensed under the ArmA Public License (APL): https://www.bohemia.net/community/licenses/arma-public-license

 

Internal re-textures for private individual and unit use not made for public distribution on platforms such as but not limited to Armaholic, Steam Workshop, etc are permitted.

Derivative textures, naming, etc - must give proper, present and clear credit to TFT8.

This work is not to be publicly re-uploaded by any entity other than the official Task Force Tempor 8 development team.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×