Sign in to follow this  
CG96

Losing ammo picked up in matches

I've been going into matches unarmed and hunting for weapons to stockpile and noticed an ammo glitch. If you pick up a weapon that has ammo with it, then load the weapon with said ammo, you will not get that ammo back in your inventory at the shelter. So for instance in one match I found a 1911 with 15 rounds of ammo. I loaded it with 8 rounds in the match. I left without firing a shot. When I go to my workbench to empty my loadout the 7 rounds of .45acp I didn't load are there, but the other 8 I loaded are gone. Happened with an M2 Carbine as well. In that case the carbine had 22 rounds of ammo with it when I found it, which I loaded into it. When I got back to the Shelter I had the carbine in my loadout, but no .30 Carbine ammo.

Hi CG, this has been a issue since day one. It seems that there is no separate inventory for ammo or prioritisation for ammo associated with carried weapons. Understandable as you can pick up ammo during the encounter. As you fill your inventory with loot and picked up ammo it displaces everything except the ammo loaded (during the encounter). Once you leave the encounter the mechanics unfortunately remove the ammo loaded in your weapon if your inventory has no space for it.

I accept it as a small price to pay for a good loot run.

So if I want to keep loaded ammo I need to leave an inventory slot free?

4 hours ago, CG96 said:

So if I want to keep loaded ammo I need to leave an inventory slot free?

Yeah I believe that is the case, it not only effects ammo you pick up but also ammo you take in.  This explains why my rpk keeps losing ammo.

I tested it this afternoon. I picked up an M2 Carbine again and it had 29 rounds with it. Loaded the rounds. Made sure my inventory wasn't even half full when I left. Still lost all 29 rounds. This is a problem.

I started a new topic about this just a few minutes ago...oops. didn't see this.  I have left with ammo, not looted anything in the match, left early due to lag with an almost empty inventory and lose the ammo loaded in the weapon. This IS an issue when you are using Military Grade ammo...that you can't yet craft and have a limited supply of to begin with. Needs to be fixed along with all the other bugs and glitches.