Sign in to follow this  
chernaruski

Persistent Tree Chopping by flyingdutchmen

To be quite honest i'm not very fond of the fact you literally copied and pasted my original post from the Exile Forums and link to PTL here.
Also, seeing as how my previous post on this got removed i also kindly request that PTWS gets removed from the addon section as that is also within my right as both are my IP.

I thought you talking about your post. You didn't say anything and didn't provide any info, just asked to remove this post.

To be quite honest i'm not very fond of the fact you literally copied and pasted my original post from the Exile Forums and link to PTL here.

Its called quoting mate. Thats the description that has been given to this script.

No problem , if you are the original author I will remove it. I need to verify somehow it's your work first tho. For example, if its your git (your work) edit and add something to README.md.

Im the original author of PTL and Copyright holder of PTWS when major x left the exile scene in 2016.
You are familiar with the author as FlyingDutchMan or TheFlyingDutchMan AKA doublerepo aka jakah aka mr suicidesheep.

But sure instead of just removing it or requesting permission to literally copy paste dat shit i will create a file called TheDude.ip on both repo's 

Dat was rude of me, but stil what i was tinkering.

30 minutes ago, chernaruski said:

I thought you talking about your post. You didn't say anything and didn't provide any info, just asked to remove this post.
No problem , if you are the original author I will remove it. I need to verify somehow it's your work first tho. For example, if its your git (your work) edit and add something to README.md.

Done, and you have a DM on Discord.,

Kinda annoying when people get pissy about something they made for "public" that then gets used by the public:face_palm:

• Like 1

Lets not discuss this please. Its authors decision , no matter the reasons , lets respect it and move on.
You can always google and find it, or even wait for more new cool stuff posted here , this time by the original author. 

PS: don't want to close this thread, but I will if posts will be adressing this decision and not script related stuff.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sgt Smash said:

Kinda annoying when people get pissy about something they made for "public" that then gets used by the public:face_palm:

Yeeh let's just have people downloading and re uploading everything in the process as well. 

Anyway iv got multiple reasons for removing it and it's within my right to do even if I had none. 

5 hours ago, Justin Getsuga Tenshou said:

Yeeh let's just have people downloading and re uploading everything in the process as well. 

Anyway iv got multiple reasons for removing it and it's within my right to do even if I had none. 

Yes you have the right to do so, it's just the way you go about doing so!

For what I've seen in the files,

You have to put the content of exile.map in your mission folder. 

Be careful, surely you have already the config.cpp and initServer.sqf files on your mission, so on those files you have to merge the content.

Find your CfgExileCustomCode and copy

//You have to copy this line inside your CfgExileCustomCode
ExileServer_object_tree_network_chopTreeRequest = "custom\ExileServer_object_tree_network_chopTreeRequest.sqf";	

And then copy:

ExecVM "custom\removetrees.sqf";

At the end of your initServer.sqf.

Then if you are using 32bits go to: @ExileServer\extDB\sql_custom_v2

And copy the content of exile.ini at the end of your exile.ini.

And then on mysql workbench or your mysql program run query.sql  to create the tree table.

Remember that you have to change the database name in the 2 first lines if your db name is not "exile".

CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS `exile` /*!40100 DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 */;
USE `exile`;

to

CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS `youDBname` /*!40100 DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 */;
USE `yourDBname`;

I hope this can help 😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Desperta Ferro said:

Thanks for taking the time to reply, it is the last bit i just can't get my head round so i'm gonna have to pass sadly

1 hour ago, Desperta Ferro said:

I think it is not that difficult. What exactly do you not understand? I will try to help.

The data base control panel itself, not to worry tho

Thanks for the offer, but that other script has done the job i need😀

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this