rgscriven

Adding The Centurion, Spartan, and Praetorian

Hey all, im wanting to add the centurion, spartan, and praetorian to the Destroyer (USS Liberty) as working.

So this will be running in multiplayer, so when the server does a restart the centurion, spartan, and praetorian will be active from the word go to shoot down roaming helis, vehicles without you even touching them.

Ive added the destroyer and centurion, spartan, and praetorian on my cherno map and altis, they both work but you need to hack them for it to be active and this is a pain for flayers to do so if they are far away.

Im setting all this with the eden editor, so if i need to put in some code what and where would i place it.

So could someone share so light on this please as on what to do.

Just ensure that the units in those turrets are of the same faction as the terminal and you shouldn't have to hack them.

Here is CSAT unit 771 Huangshan class Destroyer ...

EGe1o6Oh.jpg

How did you do that in the editor without mods? I've made a simple mod config to make CSAT versions of these units.

The only way I know of in the editor is to place them empty, and drag an CSAT soldier into them, but then they don't behave like drones. I can't find a way to drag "drone AI" from a CSAT drone (such as a SAM site) into an empty drone.

Just just have to place a CSAT unit on map, presence 0%, but group your launchers to this unit (leader with 0% presence).

9 hours ago, stanhope said:

Just ensure that the units in those turrets are of the same faction as the terminal and you shouldn't have to hack them.

The terminal is aaf whic is to hack the uav or ground, so what do you mean by the fractions

7 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Just just have to place a CSAT unit on map, presence 0%, but group your launchers to this unit (leader with 0% presence).

And how do you link them in the editor as ive tried this, but not sure if im doing it correcttly

1 hour ago, rgscriven said:

And how do you link them in the editor as ive tried this, but not sure if im doing it correcttly

Oups my bad! In editor you can't connect "group to" on a leader. I checked what workaround I did by the past. It's simple:

In the init field of the launcher:

if(isServer) then {this spawn {_grp = createGroup EAST; [_this] joinsilent _grp}}

This way, you can choose the side.

37 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Oups my bad! In editor you can't connect "group to" on a leader. I checked what workaround I did by the past. It's simple:

In the init field of the launcher:

if(isServer) then {this spawn {_grp = createGroup EAST; [_this] joinsilent _grp}}

This way, you can choose the side.

so where inside the init do you place if(isServer) then {this spawn {_grp = createGroup EAST; [_this] joinsilent _grp}}

is this inside the editor of the init or init of your mission.pbo, its so i get it correct and thankyou for your help

1 hour ago, rgscriven said:

so where inside the init do you place if(isServer) then {this spawn {_grp = createGroup EAST; [_this] joinsilent _grp}}

is this inside the editor of the init or init of your mission.pbo, its so i get it correct and thankyou for your help

As you spoke about editor, I gave you a script to be written in init field of the edited object, on each launcher/radar/UAV... you want to modify the side.

7 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

As you spoke about editor, I gave you a script to be written in init field of the edited object, on each launcher/radar/UAV... you want to modify the side.

Ok cool thanks mate for the info and just out of the box have you got a mission.sqm that you dont mind sharing so i can see on how you did your vehicles, only if possible and thankyou for the help