Sign in to follow this  
Chill

Black hawk down single player

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Jan. 06 2003,19:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope the M21 is still in the game, was a kickass rifle...<span id='postcolor'>

Not in this demo but it will be in the full version deffinately. I think there will be one other sniper rifle. And I think i saw a .50 cal sniper rifle.... I could be wrong, but it might be there...

But in the demo there is really no need for an m21. too small an area for it to be used to it's potential. The knife looks alot better though. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ Jan. 08 2003,01:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Jan. 06 2003,19:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope the M21 is still in the game, was a kickass rifle...<span id='postcolor'>

Not in this demo but it will be in the full version deffinately. I think there will be one other sniper rifle. And I think i saw a .50 cal sniper rifle.... I could be wrong, but it might be there...<span id='postcolor'>

Read my last post and you'll know for sure.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The knife looks alot better though.<span id='postcolor'>

Just as long as it's as sharp as in the past. biggrin.gif

After I posted last night, I got to thinking how that inbound chopper ride made my head spin a bit. I went for a helicopter ride this past summer and there were definitely some similarities, though I can't recall any RPG guys waving at us back then. tounge.gif

I LOVED the helicopter insertions. Something about riding on the outside of something while shooting a semi-automatic weapon just brings out the American in me.

biggrin.gif

I hate BHD's scope view, at least for the demo's weapon, the CAR-15. Is that based on any real life scope? I mean, there's hardly any magnification, is there?

The AI are indeed as alive as the zombis back in all the old DF. I hid behind folliage and they stand there, 4 meters in front of me, shooting a tree trunk in between us.

Also, I think the follaige is impervious to bullets. Try going prone behind the bushes to your left as you jump off the chopper and see if you find that to be true as well.

Another thing: in DF1, 2 and LW, there were different maps, different uniforms and different terrain. There was snow, dessert and tropical scenery. Does DF BHD only have Somalian summers? If so, somewhat boring, no?

OK, I finished the mission.

The AI are dumber than I thought before. This includes both sides - and even the hostages!

NL's attempt at team commands, using the CAPS LOCK key, is a limp immitation of something out of the SWAT series.

Still, my adrenallin rate (replenished by the med kit pickup near the elevators) went up a bit, when I used the MG on the roof to wipe out the dummies heading my way. More so running through the last alleyway, where I learned that Somalians are not afraid to fire RPGs at targets within 5 meters. When I replayed that ending part, I ran past and tossed in a frag nade to resolve the problem.

As an OFP'er, I'm definitely very jealous of the buildings and CQB abilities of BHD but that was true in LW just the same.

Time to tinker with BHD MP a little bit and watch the SAW bunnies at work. tounge.gif

dfbhdend.jpg

Great to see that the M21 is still in the game, haha i love that rifle.

Every sniper shoots with that dumb .50, hehe, almost no ammo, and i can find those bastards after they fired once cuz that gun can be heard from FAAAAAAAAAR away.

Can't wait to play it online once the full version is released...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Jan. 08 2003,14:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great to see that the M21 is still in the game, haha i love that rifle.

Every sniper shoots with that dumb .50, hehe, almost no ammo, and i can find those bastards after they fired once cuz that gun can be heard from FAAAAAAAAAR away.

Can't wait to play it online once the full version is released...<span id='postcolor'>

If you want to play with the M21, get the MP demo of DFBHD. When playing, press the 4 key.

The M21's scope is unadjustable and blurry in the demo.

One day I'll show you what a Barret can do without you finding me. wow.giftounge.gif

Played a little online today. A regualr frag fest. Had lots of fun hopping into a blackhawk as a gunner. The folks down below never knew what hit them. Of course, I never knew what hit me whenever someone managed to get a grenade into the chopper. That's quite a toss! tounge.gif

One lesson that does return is that, indeed, with immediate respawn (I believe in penalty boxes), no one cares if they die over and over again.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 07 2003,15:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you want to play with the M21, get the MP demo of DFBHD. When playing, press the 4 key.

The M21's scope is unadjustable and blurry in the demo.

One lesson that does return is that, indeed, with immediate respawn (I believe in penalty boxes), no one cares if they die over and over again.<span id='postcolor'>

I'll get the demo when the vacation starts, i don't have time to play now...

I just hope they make the M21 at least as good as the one in DF:TFD, i kicked ass with that gun! What about other guns? Is it possible to carry a rocket launcher and/or small gun while carrying a rifle?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One day I'll show you what a Barret can do without you finding me. wow.giftounge.gif

<span id='postcolor'>

Perhaps, when the full game is in stores, we can play a multiplayer game together.

Just don't start crying when i keep killing you allright? I hate it when people do that biggrin.gifwink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

One lesson that does return is that, indeed, with immediate respawn (I believe in penalty boxes), no one cares if they die over and over again.<span id='postcolor'>

Perhaps in the demo version this is true, but once the full game is out it might change.

You get judged by your overall rating, when you have no headshots, 100 kills and 150 deaths then nobody will like the way you play, just because your team has lost 150 points and gained only 100 points.

During demos nobody gives a damn, but i think once there are more experienced players in the game, it'll change a lot.

The amount of times you died can really fuck up your score, if you like to have good scores, you'll have to make sure that you kill a lot of enemies before you go down. So the more people play this game, the more they'll try to avoid being seen/shot at, the people that care about dying always have the best score, while the real rambos their score suck...

Small amount of deaths=Your team likes you

High amount=Team doesn't really like you...

So if you ask me, it'll change, just because the rambos who die a lot aren't really loved...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Jan. 08 2003,18:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One day I'll show you what a Barret can do without you finding me. wow.gif  tounge.gif

<span id='postcolor'>

Perhaps, when the full game is in stores, we can play a multiplayer game together.

Just don't start crying when i keep killing you allright?  I hate it when people do that biggrin.gifwink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes. That's been said to me many times before. Famous last words. tounge.gif

It seems that novalogic enabled the ironsight view in Black Hawk Down

http://www.df-inside.com/modules....sid=399

That is a good new , i hope they will get rid of the crosshair now, and i strongly hope they will optimize the engine for better framerate than in the SP beta demo

Just waiting for the real SP/MP demo announced by novalogic now to see if their promise are true and to add the game on my agenda wink.gif

Click on the mini screenshot to have the full size

121.jpg 123.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Chronicles @ Jan. 09 2003,06:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i hope they will get rid of the crosshair now<span id='postcolor'>

I wouldn't bet your life savings on that happening

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Jan. 09 2003,07:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Chronicles @ Jan. 09 2003,06wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i hope they will get rid of the crosshair now<span id='postcolor'>

I wouldn't bet your life savings on that happening<span id='postcolor'>

I wouldn't even better $39.99 on that. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Chronicles @ Jan. 09 2003,07:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It seems that novalogic enabled the ironsight view in Black Hawk Down<span id='postcolor'>

This is obvious. It's working in both the SP and MP demos.

And I don't like them! As in other games (old DF's, new Vietcong), there's plenty of visibility around the sites, above, to the left and right.

If I held a gun close to my face to use it's sites, would I have so much visibility of the surroundings? confused.gif

Umm is that like a LAW or At4 or something in the second pic? Cause if it is that is not good. And if they turn on no suicides I can say that they are NOT getting my 40 bucks. Im soooo sick of people jumping down from places using an at4 at 3 feet. confused.gif

From Tex [uSMC]

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i hope they will get rid of the crosshair now<span id='postcolor'>

smile.gif

It is my problem , even if i perfectly know that novalogic is one of the most */mode irony on* innovative company */mode irony off* , i hope they will one day try to go realism...

From theavonlady

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It seems that novalogic enabled the ironsight view in Black Hawk Down<span id='postcolor'>

This is obvious. It's working in both the SP and MP demos.<span id='postcolor'>

In SP and MP demo, you have the CAR-15, the M21 (only MP demo for this one) and a handgun (and in the last MP beta closed now , you have 2-3 other weapons but i never tried it and dont know which one)

You can view through the scope of the M21 and the CAR-15, is it what you call ironsight if you say that they are working actually on SP and MP demo , i think it is more scoped view that real ironsight ?

For the handgun there is actually no ironsight and there is no actual screen showing one in the link i gave, so i am not very optimistic with this.

Now, for the field of vision using an ironsight, you are totally right , but the DF serie has never been the ultimate realism simulator , bunny jumper SAW sniping with that weapon in all the DF games already proved this for me biggrin.gif

and perhaps novalogic want to sell quickly instead of polishing their game , as they always did before with the DF serie wink.gif .

From Jester983

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Umm is that like a LAW or At4 or something in the second pic? <span id='postcolor'>

Yes, it is one of the reason with several other i stopped playing MP in DF3

If i decide to buy this BHD , it will not be for the MP (i never liked the MP demo) , that is why i really wait the real SP demo to decide.

I continue enjoying a lot OFP and its editor, and no DF game has never gave such entertainement to me

Even DF 1 when i first discovered (and enjoyed a lot) big scale firefight , the only real innovative novalogic game.

DF2 was just a more worked DF1 with lots of new and good ideas , but at the time i played it , my old system had difficulty handling this engine with the tons of grass

Now it run well with my today comp but i think lot of people had difficulties enjoying it because of the too high computer specs this game needed at the time it was sold (software acceleration had its limits , and the D3D mode of DF3 was very buggy)

DF3 was just a joke : i remember to be disapointed to have bought it on day one after completing some mission and trying 1-2 multi games but it ran smoother than DF2 with "normal" computers

DF4 (Task Force Dagger) , never bought it and never plan to buy it , it is just a DF3 with other missions....

Now DF:BHD , i will see the real SP/MP demo

Actually the framerate issue in some places prevent me from planning to buy it

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Chronicles @ Jan. 09 2003,07:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I continue enjoying a lot OFP and its editor, and no DF game has never gave such entertainement to me<span id='postcolor'>

After toying with the BHD SP and MP demos much of the day yesterday, I spent the last 2 hours playing an OFP mission I'm about to review in The FAQ's M.O.M. section.

What a happy return! AI teammates that you can really command! Less cartoony scenery and terrain! Better weapons and iron sites! Nasty AIs! Amazing armor and air vehicles!

Go ahead. Do what I did. Play a day of BHD MP and then step back into some serious OFP missions. There's no comparison!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Jan. 09 2003,06:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Chronicles @ Jan. 09 2003,06wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i hope they will get rid of the crosshair now<span id='postcolor'>

yes because even ofp has a crosshair

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Jan. 09 2003,16:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yes because even ofp has a crosshair<span id='postcolor'>

It can be disabled. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Chronicles @ Jan. 08 2003,07:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">DF2 was just a more worked DF1 with lots of new and good ideas , but at the time i played it , my old system had difficulty handling this engine with the tons of grass<span id='postcolor'>

DF2 was by far the the best...

I really enjoyed that game a lot, it might not be very realistic, but it's a lot of fun and more realistic than games like CS or Quacke...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 07 2003,18:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Jan. 08 2003,18:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One day I'll show you what a Barret can do without you finding me. wow.gif  tounge.gif

<span id='postcolor'>

Just don't start crying when i keep killing you allright?  I hate it when people do that biggrin.gifwink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes. That's been said to me many times before. Famous last words. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hehehe, thank god i can respawn a lot so it'll never be my last words!

Hooray!

The demo really got my adrenaline pumping, but I turned the music off. The "fun" techno just tells every 13-year old:

"look! killing foreign, stupid ni**ers is fun and manly!" tounge.gif

Anyway, I got some low framerates on the MH-6s but when I land it smooths out.

I noticed there are some problems with AI pathfinding, or maybe they just need more waypoints. They tend to walk into walls.

There should be a higher difficulty level where friendlies and enemies are more accurate and do more damage, you´re king of da battlefield now. If you stand 1 meter from a guy with an 7.62 mm assault rifle, you should get HOLES punched in your body. But it looks like 9 out of 10 bullets are blanks. And when you man that .50 cal you´re just a great silhouette against the sky, but noo the enemies just drive around and get killed. And if you get tired of the MG, you can destroy a pickup with 5 rifle rounds.

And it should be more violent! If you blow a truck up and there was a bunch of men on it, there should be some blackened bodies in the wreckage. But the driver´s seat is empty. Bodies disappear, you just get the slightest bit of red to announce that you hit a guy with a white t-shirt with 15 5.56 mm hollow-points. Blood & guts! It´s disrespectful for all involved to try and cover the dirtiness up! It´s all about the $$$$$ crazy.gif

But I´ll probably buy it wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gollum1 @ Jan. 10 2003,19:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The demo really got my adrenaline pumping, but I turned the music off. The "fun" techno just tells every 13-year old:

"look! killing foreign, stupid ni**ers is fun and manly!" tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I really hope you aren't so ignorant to think this way.