dlegion

how disable UAV radar in MP ?

hello guys !
i just discovered a terrible thing....the UAVs have a little "radar" that automatically spot EVERY living thing (humans, not rabbits) in the red cone in front of him!
its especially nosense since its spots also people in full anti-termal suit !
becomes simply impossible to not get ultra-easily spotted...and people its obviously abusing it in MP TvT match!
anyone knows a way to disable this cheat feature in multiplayer?
thanks for any help!

Sure! Some UAV fires even if they are not used (no connected terminal)!

Not tested so far (I've rather enabled/disabled the simulation along with a player connected or not), but you could try to set "off" on emission control  (electronics and sensors in 3den) or by script: enableVehicleSensor command.

• Thanks 1

ahhh you're great!
always with a good answer! awesome !

for self reference and for others not very expert, to make it work in MP i did this:

create a function (on how use function i will not explain here, there are many good tutorials):

DFN_UAVradarOFF = {
    {_x enableVehicleSensor ["manSensorComponent",false];} forEach allUnitsUAV;
};

then made a loop that calls the function so every new UAV spawned will have its cheat-like man radar disabled:

if (isServer) then {
   while {TRUE} do {
      uiSleep 9;
      [] remoteExec ["DFN_UAVradarOFF",0,true];
   };
}; 

so every 9 seconds the server broadcast a call of the function to disable all UAVs radar !
probably there are more efficient ways....but that seems to work and on my mission had no visible impact !

thanks again!

every 9 seconds some more wasted network bandwidth.

why remote executing it? isn't it enough if the server disables it?

if not then you should remote execute it only on that client where the UAV is located and only if it has the radar enabled. don't do this for all uavs on all clients all the time...

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2019 at 8:49 AM, dlegion said:

to make it work in MP

Do yo ueven need to? maybe "enableVehicleSensor" has global effects, then you don't need to remoteExec anything.

Could atleast only fire the remoteExec if the "allUnitsUAV" value actually changed. And skip sending if it didn't hchange.

• Thanks 1

thanks for the replys guys ! i really appreciate your help 🙂

i use it on dedicated server, mission running non-stop 24/7, so anyone at any moment can join and create an UAV...
thats why i suppose that probably i have to repeat the command to apply to new created UAVs !

well.. @Dedmen and
@sarogahtyp
eh i tried...making only on server didnt worked...seems its a sort of client related feature. making only on client seems that somehow the server switch the state back also for clients... so need to do it both on server and client !

On 5/28/2019 at 1:24 PM, Dedmen said:

Could atleast only fire the remoteExec if the "allUnitsUAV" value actually changed. And skip sending if it didn't hchange.

On 5/27/2019 at 11:38 AM, sarogahtyp said:

only if it has the radar enabled. don't do this for all uavs

• Like 1

There is no hint for AL/AG EL/EG on BIKI for this command (enableVehicleSensor). Without more explanation, I guess AL then I will remoteExec enableVehicleSensors on UAV each time the server recovers the control of driver or gunner, i.e. when player is not connected on pilot/turret of the UAV. 

• Like 1