Von Quest

init.sqf file will NOT Update - Game detects other changes, but NOT the Init File

Okay, this is a weird one. I'm going nutz!....

Working on my projects, for some odd reason the Game does detect there are changes, as it throws errors. But its NOT detecting the very FIRST File we all use... the Init.sqf File.

Any of you other wizards out there have any insight to this? This makes NO SENSE to me!

Everything else is correct, spelling, file-paths, etc. as I can force the files/code via calling things manually in the debug console. But when I add "hint" and/or "systemChat" (to check) into the init file, nothing is being displayed to indicate its running that file at start-up.

Its like its still running an OLD version of the init.sqf file, but not the new one. All other files, code, images, configs, etc all update just fine.

More likely to find help here: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/forum/154-arma-3-mission-editing-scripting/

Have you tried erasing and then re-creating the init.sqf file? Have never had an issue with the init.sqf but with triggers.... All was fixed when I erased the old trigger and placed a new one writing the exact same things.

• Like 1

Tried saving a new mission file and copying everything across? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Von Quest said:

its NOT detecting the very FIRST File we all use... the Init.sqf File.

Hello there Von Quest !

Just use a working init.sqf ,

delete everything from the current file and do a test if your code is working , by using in the end a diag_log or a notification , like hint or systemchat.

Have in mind , that it is noticed , that some times , when you copy paste codes from the forum, there might not work at all , because of an extra "blank" character after the end of a line , that you might haven't notice.

I have already post this problem several times.

So generally check your codes as well.

• Like 2

SOLVED

Okay, this is embarrassing... Rookie mistake.

It was just your basic File-Path/Workflow issue. My projects are years old, and 100,000+ lines of code. I ended up having to re-organize some things a while back, and forgot to remove the OLD workflow, so the OLD files were still there but obsolete.

After some sleep, I just traced the workflow A-B-C-D, etc from scratch, and realized (facepalm) that I had changed the workflow to skip A altogether, and start at B.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

~ Sherlock Holmes

• Like 3