loni1988

Is that possible to create Island in Unity 3d and somehow convert it to ARMA 3?

hi guys! Sorry, if I'm wrong, but it seems to me very time consuming to develop an island or territory (NOT from real world map) in TerraBuilder! Me and my team works in game dev. in Unity 3d and we have lot of tools like Gaia with we can generate a lot of assets into the surface, so that would be awesome to know, how to convert (if it is neccessary) to create a workable map into ARMA 3. If everything is ok, we can upload the ready made Terrains into the Armaholic, so everybody can benefits it.

Any idea is welcomed 🙂

Thanks,

David 

There is no ready workflow for that so it probably can be done but it would need you to write the converter for that. Also you would not be able to load A3 objects into Unity so you would only be able to create the terrain in it. 

Most people use L3DT for terrain data generation I think so you could look that up.

Thanks a lot for you help! I guess, I should dig deeper in L3DT 🙂 

It is just one program that can be used. Perhaps best would be to first learn how the Arma Terrain workflow goes and then decide A) If you even want to continue and B) What tools you want/can actually use to create the material that is needed.