dani_00

Apex Prot shutting off sound on headset

Hey,

I have been wanting to get back to Arma3 after a long hiatus. Been trying to continue my Apex Protocol campaign but the sound on my bluetooth headset stops working (for all applications) when the game starts (everything works fine while in the menus).

Everything also works with the 3.5 speakers, but with these headphones literally all system sounds are shut off when the mission starts. It does not happen on other missions, just Apex Protocol so far.

USB headsets have always had issues with arma.  And as far as I know no solution has been found yet.  For now the only solution appears to be switching to a headset with a 3.5mm jack.  But search around for USB headset in this subforum a bit, I might have missed a fix that works.

• Like 1

A Bluetooth headset is not a USB headset, even if the dongle is on a USB connector.

I will not recommend a Bluetooth headset for playing because of possible interference from hardware and/or software.

From my own experience, the best solution is a headset with a cable featuring 3.5 mm connectors and a USB sound card/interface.

• Like 1

Been playing other games with them as bluetooth, plus wireless mouse and keyboard, and all has been fine. But anyway, following your two comments, plugging in a 3.5mm cable from the speakers to the headset solves it, so I'll use that. Doesn't change the experience any bit, so no problem! Thank you both.

On 4/6/2019 at 3:22 PM, oldbear said:

A Bluetooth headset is not a USB headset, even if the dongle is on a USB connector.

USB connector seems to be the problem though. Any headset that's connected via USB in any shape or form tends to cause problems.

On 4/6/2019 at 8:25 PM, dani_00 said:

Hey,

I have been wanting to get back to Arma3 after a long hiatus. Been trying to continue my Apex Protocol campaign but the sound on my bluetooth headset stops working (for all applications) when the game starts (everything works fine while in the menus).

Everything also works with the 3.5 speakers, but with these headphones literally all system sounds are shut off when the mission starts. It does not happen on other missions, just Apex Protocol so far.

I have the same issue, but only Apex no sound if stereo sound be selected.