EO

enableEnvironment ambient sound: fadein/fadeout possible?

I'm using the enableEnvironment command to disable ambient sound within a defined trigger zone, unfortunately the command disables/enables ambient sound abruptly. Is there any way to apply a subtle fade in/fade out to ambient sound when entering and leaving the trigger zone.

You could fade out all sound (fadeSound) then flip the env sound switch and then re-enable all normal sounds.

3 hours ago, Dedmen said:

fadeSound

Unfortunately, for my needs, fadeSound isn't an option as I want to use alternative sounds while enableEnvironment [false, false]; is active....:headscratch:

27 minutes ago, EO said:

Unfortunately, for my needs, fadeSound isn't an option as I want to use alternative sounds while enableEnvironment [false, false]; is active....:headscratch:

You could configure those alternative sounds as music or radio - music and radio channels aren't affected by fadeSound.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks mate! My "alternative" sounds are currently configured as SFX.

It's a real pity the enableEnvironment command cuts off ambient sound so abruptly...🙁

32 minutes ago, EO said:

It's a real pity the enableEnvironment command cuts off ambient sound so abruptly...🙁

Have you consider to play some similar sounds , in order to achive this ?

😆 sorry George but siren drones over some churning industrial ambience isn't exactly similar to birds and crickets! 

45 minutes ago, EO said:

siren drones

Just to be honest i haven't understand what you are trying to achieve , in order to find even an alternative solution.

When you are using the enableEnvironment , this is only about the arma 3 enviroment sounds right?

37 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

, this is only about the arma 3 enviroment sounds right?

Yes. ^^ 

I want to disable all environmental sounds while inside a trigger zone, then enable them again when said trigger is deleted. A simple fadein/fadeout of enableEnvironment would have been ideal for this.

In the video example the player enters first trigger zone which brings the fog, he then enters a second trigger zone which disables ambient life and activates a SFX sound (drone), he then enters a third trigger zone which activates another SFX sound (siren) and disables ambient environmental sound via enableEnvironment.

And therein lies the problem..the ambient environmental sound is just abruptly cut-off and it's totally jarring, hence my requirement for a subtle fade out of environmental sound in the third trigger zone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EO said:

sound in the third trigger. 

So this is what i was saying , you can play an alternative sound , like a loud heartbeat sound to cover this .

Yeah man, I understand what your saying, I'll give that a try for sure. ^^ 

😉

• Like 1