Connor.

[MP] Gun Game (Vanilla/Modded)

I had too much time on my hands and nothing to do with it, so I thought I'd have a go at creating my own version of gun game.

The mission has support for various mods (CUP, IFA3 & RHS, just to name a few) so you can experience gun game however you like.

SteamWS AIO mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1641133934

Individual map file downloads: https://github.com/ConnorAU/A3GunGame/releases

Source code: https://github.com/ConnorAU/A3GunGame

Discord: https://discord.gg/DMkxetD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Maybe I live under a rock and am ignorant.  What is Gun Game?  I have no idea what this scenario or what gameplay type it is.   Why should I play it?  Please provide a short description of it to interest us Gun Game noobs.

I clicked on links in original post and still have no idea.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Maybe I live under a rock and am ignorant.  What is Gun Game?  I have no idea what this scenario or what gameplay type it is.   Why should I play it?  Please provide a short description of it to interest us Gun Game noobs.

I clicked on links in original post and still have no idea.

It's a PvP free-for-all mode where all players start on the same weapon and have to work their way to the top. Players are rewarded with a new weapon every few kills, and when on the final weapon, round victory.

By default in this version it is 2 kills per weapon, 10 weapons per round. Getting killed resets your kill streak (as in if you had one kill to go before ranking up, you will go back to needing 2 kills), suicide reverts you back a weapon.

It was called Gun Game in CoD, is also known as Arms Race in CS:GO. Is most likely in other games too but thats where i know it from.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Update:

• Added AI bots
  • Added new mission parameters
    • Weapon Type (eg: pistols only)
    • Time of day
    • Weather
    • AI settings (quantity and difficulty)
  • Added delayed autoheal (removed first aid kits)
  • Added better scaling for UI controls
  • Added jump action
  • Added round winner name to discord embed
  • Fixed reported issue where arma 3 game files couldn't be included
  • Fixed rare issue of players not moving into their own group
  • Fixed map name not displaying on JIP client's discord rich presence
  • Fixed weapon name overriding the round placement on client's discord rich presence
  • Fixed minor script errors

Removed individual scenarios from the workshop in favour of an AIO mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1641133934

Individual map file downloads are still available here:

https://github.com/ConnorAU/A3GunGame/releases

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update:

• Added admin menu (F2 for in-game admin)
    • Override mission parameters
    • Select custom combat zone locations
    • Select custom weapon pools
  • Added damage modifier mission parameter
  • Added Extended Chat support/integration
  • Added User Input Menus support/integration
  • Changed all displays from script-based to config-based
  • Fixed rare issue where units wouldn't correctly load into the game, causing them to be invisible and unable to rank up
  • Fixed missing "onLoadName" property
  • Removed unnecessary script macros
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When you change the Weapons Pool via admintool, its gone after server restart.

Could you change it so the pool gets saved into the servers missionnamespace and can be loaded again?

Maybe even add a parameter to load that pool by default after server startup.

I tried to change it myself but i realized that i wont understand your code enough to do that anytime soon.

Nice mission btw.

Vinc

2 hours ago, Mr.Magnificent said:

When you change the Weapons Pool via admintool, its gone after server restart. 

Could you change it so the pool gets saved into the servers missionnamespace and can be loaded again?

Maybe even add a parameter to load that pool by default after server startup.

Yeah it is only temporary for that session. I'll look at adding a way to save/load presets for weapon pools, and custom zone positions while I'm at it.

On 1/26/2019 at 7:31 PM, Connor. said:

It's a PvP free-for-all mode where all players start on the same weapon and have to work their way to the top

Was in Arma1 back in the day, and you could fight against AI, mission was called ----->   Crime Underground DM - Created By Goon

i have the mission, just played it actually.

On 8/9/2020 at 1:47 AM, Connor. said:

Yeah it is only temporary for that session. I'll look at adding a way to save/load presets for weapon pools, and custom zone positions while I'm at it.

Thanks!

another suggestion, could you maybe also put a param somewhere that lets you bypass anything that messes with the arma damage system? (your damage multiplier thing)

I had some players complaining that sometimes you could survive a direct lrr hit and so on...

I know how glitchy the damage event handlers in arma can be some times, i had to comment out some lines there for the players to stop complaining

Vinc

On 8/12/2020 at 1:27 AM, Mr.Magnificent said:

could you maybe also put a param somewhere that lets you bypass anything that messes with the arma damage system? (your damage multiplier thing)

I'll see if I can improve the damage modifier any, as well as ignoring the system entirely if the param is set to 1x.

• Thanks 1

Hi Connor

I'm trying out Gun Game on my dedi server, using mission files instead of the AIO mod. I'm finding that adding CBAA3 mod breaks the location voting system. Map screen opens, but no locations appear for selection. I can get it to work if i follow this procedure:

1. On boot, go straight into a game without changing anything.

2. See the voting isn't there, use #missions command.

3. Select everything the same, but change difficulty to custom.

4. Load into game again, still no voting.

5. #missions.

6. Repeat 3.

7. Load game (with or without changing params), voting works.

I'm afraid I'm not too well-versed in the whole coding / config stuff, so that's as well as i can explain it I'm afraid....

Any ideas please? When i can get it to run, it's great by the way, had a right laugh with it 🙂

Cheers

9 hours ago, vonstickers said:

... I'm finding that adding CBAA3 mod breaks the location voting system ...

I can't seem to replicate this issue. What map are you experiencing this on and what other mods/servermods are enabled?

Update:

• Added Unsung maps (listed below), weapons and clothing support.
    • Da Krong, Quang Tri Vietnam

• Đông Hà, Quang Tri, Vietnam

• Doung Island, Rung Sat Vietnam

• Phu Bai, Hue, Vietnam

• Phuoc Tuy Province, Vietnam

• Song Bin Tanh, Mekong Delta, Vietnam

• Added CUP Cherno 2020 map support.
  • Added Cherno Redux map support.
  • Added RHSPKL (Prei Khmaoch Luong) map support.
  • Added local game profile and server profile custom preset saving for combat zone positions and weapon pools on the admin menu.
  • Added mission parameters "CombatZoneCustom" and "WeaponPoolCustom". Brief usage instructions can be found here.
    For use in the server.cfg only, these parameters allow for loading a specific server-saved custom preset on server start, without needing an admin in game to apply the change via admin menu.
  • Added mission parameter "AIDifficultyRandom".
    When enabled, individual AI difficulty will vary from "Storm Trooper" to the difficulty set by the "AIDifficulty" parameter.
  • Fixed mission parameter "AIDifficulty" not recognizing the default setting.
  • Modified damage modifier is now disabled when set to 1x.
  • Modified script file headers to provide information on the function being viewed.
  • Thanks 1

On 8/16/2020 at 1:27 AM, Connor. said:

I can't seem to replicate this issue. What map are you experiencing this on and what other mods/servermods are enabled?

All maps (using Altis for test purposes). Have a multitude of mods, but taking them all off it works. Adding cba, and it fails 

10 hours ago, vonstickers said:

All maps (using Altis for test purposes). Have a multitude of mods, but taking them all off it works. Adding cba, and it fails 

I'm still not having any luck replicating 😞 Could you pm me your client and server rpt files from a session where this has occurred?