pierremgi

Own faction - is mod mandatory?

Hi all,

I'd like to create my own factions, customizing a warlord scenario from @Jezuro. The warlord init module is too restrictive with one faction per side. So, I intend to enlarge a new one (per side) with much more groups.

I read several pages on forum(s) but I can't have a clear idea if I need to create a config.ccp (in a mod) or some classes are enough in description.ext. I just need to create groups/factions with existing units/vehicles.

I saw that an ALIVE mod ORBAT tool could help, but the question remains the same: addon or not?

Thanks for your experience.

why not adjust the mission code/scripts instead?

the downside of the config approach is you need a mod. for yourself/SP thats fine, but MP it introduces a hurdle

desc.ext doesnt work

1 minute ago, .kju said:

why not adjust the mission code/scripts instead?

the downside of the config approach is you need a mod. for yourself/SP thats fine, but MP it introduces a hurdle

desc.ext doesnt work

You're right. I want to avoid any mod, except CUPs which have to be loaded on each clients. The map used is United Sahrani anyway.

I'm looking for better randomization inside faction, so custom one. But it's seems to be out of description.ext scope.

the @Jezuro module is fine for many parameters but not doesn't accept any array for factions. (At this time, far from this consideration, I fail to enter any single CUP faction in this module..) I will try to dig all global variables to override them if possible...

The way factions currently work I'd say it's not worth it making a mod just for a few faction strings no one will ever see when playing the game.

Just use a few loadout templates and randomize them to visually create a faction (base cap gang, balaclava troops, fedora federation etc).

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Haha 1