Ernst Alfred

Am I allowed to use BI 3d models for modding?

Hey! 

Am I allowed to use the model of FV510 Warrior (Mora?) in AAF config to create a Swedish based version of it? And if yes, am I allowed to distribute the result on steam workshop? 

This might be obvious to some, but as a newcomer in the topic of license and stuff I don't know snyting about the matte... 

Regards, 

Robin

The models are binarized and you cannot use binarized models. And reverse engineering the models to debinarize them violates the EULA. So.. Even if you were allowed to use the model, you cannot legally turn the model into a format that you need to use it.

Well, you didn't state how exactly you want to modify that thing? If you just want a different texture, then that's no problem at all. Edit the existing textures and use hidden selections with a new config and that's it. Plenty people are doing exactly that since ever.

• Like 1

You aren't allowed to do more than that? can't you edit the 3d model too?

I'm using the F-35B (Ie X-35B) p3d model from arma 2 samples, and changing the model a bit (like giving the exhaust pipe a sawtooth edge, making a bump where the EOTS should be, changing the cockpit for better visibility, etc)... that's still allowed, no?

*edit, oops, confused binarized arma 3 models, with Arma 2 sample models, since the OP asked about the "FV510 Warrior (Mora?)", since the FV510 Warrior was from Arma 2, but the Mora in arma 3 is basically the same model, just updates (and most importantly now, with interiors).

• Like 1