Update

Added the following:

Terrains (Maps)

• Reichstag and Platz der Republik, Berlin 1945 - This is a SMALL scenebuild of the "Platz der Republik" and Reichstag, as a WW2 themed scenario, Complete with defences, last ditch barriers, burnt out wrecks.

Backpacks, Helmets, Gameplay, Infantry Weapons, Objects, Planes, Ships, Statics, & Tanks

Tanks

• IFA3 RealPanzer - Realism mod adding real tank engine, idle, and movement sounds, texture varients, and many other real aspects based on real tanks.

• IFA3 liberation Real Panzer - Realism mod adding real tank engine, idle, and movement sounds, texture varients, and many other real aspects based on real tanks for IFA3 Liberation mod content.

Misc Changes to the list:

• Increased the font size of Backpacks, Helmets, Gameplay, Infantry Weapons, Objects, Planes, Ships, Statics, & Tanks.
  • Relocated the map Distrikt 41 - Ruegen under Terrains (Maps) section as it was not in alphabetical order.

Hi Gunter! Newbie here and I appreciate all the exhaustive work you have done here as a ww2 buff. I picked up Arma 3 last year and used your site to pick up all sorts of mods listed here and then some as I acquired their dependencies like a kid in a candy shop! Needless to say, it didn't work out so well as I came up with update errors and items missing warning messages, so I gave up after trying to work through/research this and have yet to play the game at all. With a little more time on my hands now as we all probably do, I'm looking to make a fresh start and be much more strategic about it. I have removed all mods and looking for advice on what set of "updated" mods would be best experience for ww2? Does joining a server group enable me to download what I need automatically? Sorry if I am so  inexperienced at this game. Other games seem so much easier to mod successfully.  

Hello,

Really appreciate your efforts. Outstanding!

My trouble is I can not find the Villers Bocage map. I had it once before and really liked it. I saw it was in a preview, but downloaded it and not seeing it.

Can the map be downloaded sepretly ?

Many thanks in advance.

Hello everyone. i have been trying to find mods that adds us ww2 officers uniforms like colonel or generals but i cannot seem to find anything. There is the GEIST mod and the military police but it is not quite satisfying. Any ideas?

15 hours ago, dreitas1914 said:

looking for advice on what set of "updated" mods would be best experience for ww2?

Hello dreitas1914, welcome to BI forums, to Arma3 and to my WW2 compilation list!

There are alot of great WW2 mods, and my list here is all on steam workshop as you know, what i would recommend is to start with one mod which only has one requirement.

The mods i would recommend is the following:

Why IFA3_AIO_Lite?

Because its the most and longest developed conversion mod to date, the mod's history actually goes back to Operation flashpoint days, that is early 2000's

I have thread i created on it on my forum read about it here ----> https://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/liberation-1941-1945-mod-the-mod-that-became-iron-front-7535992?pid=1288365431

Does joining a server group enable me to download what I need automatically?

No it does not, however if you do join a group to play on a server, they probably would have their own mods to download,

and of course you would have to search for a group that plays WW2.

I'm going to throw an offer to you, take it or leave it but i'm part of a coop group that plays Iron Front: Liberation 1944 and IFA3_AIO_Lite

we mainly play on the weekends, and the missions are custom, we get together at 9pm central, 10pm east time USA, if your interested or want more details send me a pm on the forum here.

Sorry if I am so  inexperienced at this game. Other games seem so much easier to mod successfully.  

Hey no worries we all started somewhere at some time. Ya but there are alot of other games that are not setup like Arma3 is, which is a massive military sandbox so its a whole nother ballgame

Modding in this game is easy, with workshop its really only 2 steps, click subscribe to the mod, and then once downloaded, run the arma3 launcher to finish installation and then play.

15 hours ago, keif149 said:

My trouble is I can not find the Villers Bocage map.

Is it this? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1419177473

Its listed under terrains on the OP.

13 hours ago, Ninio06 said:

i have been trying to find mods that adds us ww2 officers uniforms like colonel or generals

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1226664632

Try those, only ones i know of, but there are more in Geist, IFA3, Faces of war, and others.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Try those, only ones i know of, but there are more in Geist, IFA3, Faces of war, and others.

Hello, thank you for your time. Unfortunatly, i already have installed this mod and it only implements 4 british generals to the game.
i've been looking for this for a few days now, scrolling down pages of the steam workshop but nothing 😞

I don't understand how, regarding all the mods on ww2, there is no texture mods for high us officers 😞

Ya idk what else to tell you i only added to the list on the OP from what i researched, discovered, and was released.

If there are more mods out there that are not on the list then i'd appreciate someone letting me know so i can add them.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

No, I thought it was a map made by you. It is shown as a Highlight in Preview #30.

Also in your U Tube tutorial on how to edit a Steam mission, the name of the map can be seen on your pc as Villers_Bocage.

When I was playing it it was called  gunter s_VillersBocage. After the last update, it broke my game. I reverted back to an older beta, it loaded fine. I saved it went back the next day and it wouldn't load in any combination. Frustrated, I did a complete reinstall and downloaded IFA3 lite that was supposed to have the map. It's not there. Really enjoyed the map, was hoping to even find a mission made with it so I could pull the map from there.

screenshot

Thanks.

Is it this? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1419177473

Its listed under terrains on the OP.

Edited by keif149
add photo link
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot anyway for your work and research. I was wondering, is there any way or any place there is a list of pbo files for users to download ? Some people might have just retextured unique characters? 

Hey Gunter, first of all thank you so much for such a prompt and thorough response. You are the man!  I will check out the mods you provided and truly appreciate the offer to join your group. I will pm you accordingly. I need to be realistic on joining groups depending on time requirements as I do not want to disappoint dedicated teammates. I am an avid combat flight simulator fan as well and know from first hand experience in joining a bomber group that required a bit too much time commitment for me to maintain that I need to be fair to everyone, but I am intrigued to say the least.  Thanks again, I hope you get the well deserved appreciation for all the non paid work!  dfreitas1914

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, keif149 said:

No, I thought it was a map made by you.

Gunther S. is another guy who created mods, i dont spell my name like that anywhere.

10 hours ago, keif149 said:

Also in your U Tube tutorial on how to edit a Steam mission, the name of the map can be seen on your pc as Villers_Bocage.

Can you point out where because i dont see villers bocage anywhere, and where did you see it exactly?

My desktop has a pic from Iron Front on it, and the map in the tutorial i subbed to for the demonstration was called Panovo.

11 hours ago, Ninio06 said:

I was wondering, is there any way or any place there is a list of pbo files for users to download ?

Not really but you can maybe check Github, not sure if anyone would have anything there.

7 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Gunther S. is another guy who created mods, i dont spell my name like that anywhere.

Can you point out where because i dont see villers bocage anywhere, and where did you see it exactly?

My desktop has a pic from Iron Front on it, and the map in the tutorial i subbed to for the demonstration was called Panovo.

Ahh, my bad then. I thought you were affiliated with IFA3. Like I said the map was part of v30 release and somewhere between v30 and v39 it was dropped.

In your map list during the tutorial, Villers Bocage can be seen in the list.

Yeah, I can't find any missions made with it now either. It was a great map. Had one little missing texture, but I never even noticed it while playing.

Thanks for your time.

17 hours ago, keif149 said:

I thought you were affiliated with IFA3.

I am indirectly, i been a major supporter of Iron front, Kju (lead dev of IFA3) and I had a team of 20 modders that created the IFA2 conversion.

Add my IFA3 SP/MP missions, wiki, forums, IF website i built in 2012, IF Fan forums est in 2013, and many other things related, you can say im a bit more involved

then most players aside the team themselves.

17 hours ago, keif149 said:

Like I said the map was part of v30 release and somewhere between v30 and v39 it was dropped.

Interesting, maybe there are some other maps similar that can be used, like Bray Dunes, Meredet, even colleville looks pretty good.

16 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

I am indirectly, i been a major supporter of Iron front, Kju (lead dev of IFA3) and I had a team of 20 modders that created the IFA2 conversion.

Add my IFA3 SP/MP missions, wiki, forums, IF website i built in 2012, IF Fan forums est in 2013, and many other things related, you can say im a bit more involved

then most players aside the team themselves.

Interesting, maybe there are some other maps similar that can be used, like Bray Dunes, Meredet, even colleville looks pretty good.

Thanks. If anyone wanted to share their copy of the map, I'd appreciate it. Strictly for my own personal use.

On 5/1/2020 at 11:10 AM, Gunter Severloh said:

Not really but you can maybe check Github, not sure if anyone would have anything there.

Thank you very much, your help is much appreciated. If i find anything, i'll let you know as well.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but it seems that the World War II Japanese Uniforms mod has been deleted.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for letting me know!

Ya i looked at the collection on steam and can confirm its missing, there are other things missing too

but i cant determine what they were, so if anyone finds anything else missing or better yet added to the workshop not on the list, please let me know!

Thanks superdude22!

Update

Removed the following from the list:

Outfits & Uniforms

Uniforms

• World War II Japanese Uniforms

Looking for a copy of the Villers Bocage map for personal use too.

Hi bobd, as far as i know this is the only one that resembles it or is it:

Crossroads Bocage, France 1940 - Fictional Terrain setting place in Normandy of World War 2.

If its not on the list under Map/Terrains then either one was never released, or i haven't found it, or somone else knows and hasn't let me know.

About all i can tell you, I check the workshop almost everyday for new content.

Update

added:

Backpacks, Helmets, Gameplay, Infantry Weapons, Objects, Planes, Ships, Statics, & Tanks

Infantry Weapons

• Wehrmacht 1946 - Wip mod, The mod includes Uniforms and a StG 45 and is supposed to be a fictional "What if?"-thing Portraying the German Army in 1946 or any time later.

Although this is uniforms and one weapon, i will change the category when there is more progress on the mod, unless you guys have suggestions.

Update

Added:

Planes

• Secret Weapons Rework (BETA) - This mod changes the flight models, and weapon dynamics in order to work better with Iron Front (IFA3), and SW.

Tanks

• Iron Front Tanks Rework (BETA) - This mod changes the damage, armor and ballistics in order to work better with Iron Front (IFA3).

On 5/12/2020 at 7:13 AM, bobd said:

Looking for a copy of the Villers Bocage map for personal use too.

I spoke to the author and he said he would do a stand alone release of it this month.

• Like 1

Update

Added:

Factions & Units

Factions

• WW2 Hungarian Armed Forces - This mod contains early and late basic infantry and groups, equipped with weapons, also German tanks from the csa_38 mod that wear insignias similar to the Hungarian ones.

Update

Factions & Units

Factions

• WW2 Pacific Commonwealth - Orbat factions of the British commonwealth for pacific campaigns, as Burma or East Africa.