Sign in to follow this  
Warin

Hail to the cheif

<span style='font-size:52pt;line-height:100%'>NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!</span>

Sad thing is she might get elected purely because she'd be the first woman president.

THAT would be horrible.

She would be breaking a major promise to the people of NY if she did end up running in 2004. She promised when she gained office there that she would NOT run in the next election....

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when the Democrats basically have no one to put in the running for office. Lieberman is a joke, even within his own party, and Kerry dosen't bring much to the table. Yet another downside to living in a two party system sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Dec. 22 2002,05:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Canada never looked better.<span id='postcolor'>

oh really? maybe these words will change your opinion

Cretien? Celine Dion? Leaky sub?tounge.gif

anyways on serious notes, many ppl underestimate Hillary. some of her first lady activism included universal health care whic then(93?) was attacked by Republicans only to be reiterated in this year's state of the union address by Bush.

but Othin makes a good point. Hillary was viewed as a carpetbagger and she had to go through some rigorous verification process to win the senate seat. furthermore, she has burden of proving that she is not using NY senator position for her next goal. so she better resist the temptation.

on the other hand i kinda miss 8 yrs of Clinton and all the scandals that made late talk shows monologue so fun. tounge.gif wonder is Monica is interested....or maybe a hunky intern for hillary wink.gif

edit:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (contents @ CNN news)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Clinton, elected to the Senate two years ago, has also said she will not be a candidate in 2004. <span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ above)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Democrats basically have no one to put in the running for office. Lieberman is a joke, even within his own party, and Kerry dosen't bring much to the table. Yet another downside to living in a two party system<span id='postcolor'>

well that's their problem. on the other hand just like how Lincoln and Republicans threw out the other party in 1860's there could be a third party waiting to replace one of the current two.

how about Ralph Nader? although his jackass comment about game 6 of NBA western conference finals made me turn my back on him for sure, he could be worth putting in politics and ridicule. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Dec. 22 2002,13:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cretien? Celine Dion? Leaky sub?tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Russia never looked better. xmas.gif

I don't like to tie myself to either political party. If I like what she says, I'll vote for her, if not, I'll vote for the republican candidate. If I don't like what either of them say, I'll throw my vote away and vote for a 3rd party candidate. At least then I can still be a patriot. tounge.gif

I'd vote for her any day! I don't think however she would win. There are too strong powers against her - both personally and because she is a woman.

Hillary may be the Democrats only chance if she is willing to go through with it. All the other candidates I've seen would get their butts whooped by Bush in 2004. Hillary is the only one on the list that would able to put up a good fight.

Personally, I think it's about time we grew up and let a woman try out the presidency. Hell, I would prefer nearly anyone rather than having to look at Bush's smug face for another 4 years. I'd vote for her.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Dec. 22 2002,02:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Dec. 22 2002,13:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cretien? Celine Dion? Leaky sub?tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Russia never looked better. xmas.gif

I don't like to tie myself to either political party. If I like what she says, I'll vote for her, if not, I'll vote for the republican candidate. If I don't like what either of them say, I'll throw my vote away and vote for a 3rd party candidate. At least then I can still be a patriot. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hate to break up your fun here, but leaky subs are a bigger embarassement to the UK. Who sold them to the Canadians... junk, what do we need the damn subs for...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but leaky subs are a bigger embarassement to the UK<span id='postcolor'>

I don't know, we managed to palm the buggers off to some gullible foreigners.... I think thats something to celebrate about smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Dec. 22 2002,09:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Aw crap, here comes a new war every 28 days  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

At least I'll be able to plan my leave periods accordingly... tounge.gif

It hasn't really been a good year(s) for the Democrats. They're not showing much sense of solidarity with each other which isn't helping either.

Even looking outside of Washington, there aren't really any Govs that look good either. It's hard, I definately have a Republican slant since I'm in the military, BUT I also have a huge independant streak since I grew up in New Hampshire. I would love to see someone that has a chance of winning throw their hat in, but I just don't see it happening. The Democrats have missed every opportunity to improve their parties standing over the last several months.

The reality of the situation is that we won't have more parties until someone with some cash squats down in Washington and starts making "friends". Ralph Nadar could have all the right answers, but he's alienated (to put it lightly) alot of the big guys in the Capitol.

So I definatley don't see a realistic candidate coming from the independant front for ahwile....

If Hillary ran for Pres...i'd finally register to vote and i'd cast a piece of paper for her. biggrin.gif I would like to see the way the country/world might react to the US finally having a woman leader.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Dec. 22 2002,22:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hate to break up your fun here, but leaky subs are a bigger embarassement to the UK.  Who sold them to the Canadians...  junk, what do we need the damn subs for...<span id='postcolor'>

When did I mention the UK?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Dec. 22 2002,17:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE.

Thanks.

Hillary has already said she won't run in '04.

xmas.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ahem.