Sign in to follow this  
Maslow

Wheeled tow apc

No, you are wrong, standard OFP can do these things. Suma dropped a hint to us awhile ago (see this post  here ) in another post about this whether it was possible or not and lets just say he didn't say it was impossible, if it was I'm certain he would tell us, as he has told others in the past, when something is impossible.

I am afraid I have to confirm many features available for tanks are not available for wheeled vehicles. In the topic you mentioned I "hinted" how external / internal views could be implemented. While I think this should be possible (though it might be difficult), many other tank properties (weapons, hatches) are not possible to be used with wheeled vehicles dur to engine limitation (inflexibility). This limitation is too deep in the game core code and therefore we are not able to remove it easily. I am sorry for that. sad.gif

I hope you will be able to find some clever scripting workarounds - I know it is not what you would like to hear, but that is how it is. confused.gif

hey Suma you say :I hope you will be able to find some clever scripting workarounds - I know it is not what you would like to hear, but that is how it is

And could we add that script file in the pbo for a clean use xmas.gif

To my limited knowledge, it is possible to add scripts into pbo files. Kegetys for example did that with AGS-17 grenade launcher with a script which can be used to load the weapon into any vehicle and unload. Just execute the script in init field of the weapon as stated in the scripts.

So scripts certainly can fit neatly into pbo files. xmas.gif

Static objects usually are classified as Armoured, so yes, they can shoot missles.

phuy guys...... i was 3 days on a lan and now this........

actually the way walker suggested is pretty cool....... and if you define the wheels the right way they even turn :-D

so by now my only problem is that the rockets wont work but i'll be able to fix this since i inherited the bmp class wich has a rocket too :-D

cy

thats even possibel wothout any custom animations...... i tried it and if all the tracks and stuff for a tank are defined (i made some tracks n wheels i didn0t needed about 10 meters above my tank and gave them a alphachannel textr.) the wheels are turning like they should......... the only problem is like said before, that the piranha turns on a point, this is (like you may know ;-) ) not possibel on the real piranha xmas.gif

Hi Maslow

Just a thought maybe fooling around with steer ahead property in the config.cpp may help on the turn on a pin.

Realy just a guess sad.gif but it is all worth checking out as are the other properties in the class to do with this. Look for ones that are turned off in the BMP class.

Also your dicovery about turning the wheels means proper half tracks are possible.

On another note you are inheriting from the BMP class isn't moving misile launchers inherited from BMP2 and Bradley sub class?

Kind Regards walker

i'm inheriting from the bradley :-P

€ looks like the bradley is inherited from the m113

class All {};

class AllVehicles: All {};

class Land: AllVehicles {};

class LandVehicle: Land {};

class Tank: LandVehicle {};

class APC: Tank {};

class M113: APC {};

class SAMPiranhaIII: M113

{

its just the bradleys config modified for our tank but this part is the same.......

Why don't you guys make it like the OPGWC mod like their Hummer with the tow make it shoot bullets with high dammaga and when BIS make a new patch with the abillity to make shoot rockets from wheeled vehicles you make only the cpp file some parts and clear I really wanted to see some of the armored wheeled apc's from Operation Northstar and the Swiss Mod hope you guys release now a beta and when BIS make the patch you can always release a better version xmas.gif

well that wouldn't be cool at all....... it looks a bit..... yes.... you know....

If we gonna release a beta of that piranha we would use the apc class and just shit on that "turn on pin". I tested it quite a while and i looks and "feels" much better than the OPGWC-solution.

cy