Sign in to follow this  
Hit_Sqd_Maximus

New f14

Okay so last one was the navy variant will this one be air force? Oh and could you make the machine gun sound different from the last one. Make the cannon sound more like the cannon on the Tornado. That was the most realistic thing, or else the stock A10.

That is a very nice model! How are you going to

convert it to p3d? I found out that you can only

import .3ds models into oxygen once they have been

loaded and saved by 3dsmax. I know because I have

lightwave 5.6 and I used deep exploration (aka 3d exploration)

to convert it to 3ds, but oxygen wouldn't take it. good

thing I have 3dsmax 3 also smile.gif

By airforce do you mean Iranian airforce because the USAF never had(or will have) F-14s.

You must be out of your goourd. The united states created the F-14 tomcat and has way more than the Iranian air force does. You talking to me is over.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Dec. 19 2002,04:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You must be out of your goourd.  The united states created the F-14 tomcat and has way more than the Iranian air force does.  You talking to me is over.<span id='postcolor'>

rofl! What the hell is that supposed to mean?!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Dec. 19 2002,10:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You must be out of your goourd.  The united states created the F-14 tomcat and has way more than the Iranian air force does.  You talking to me is over.<span id='postcolor'>

You are quite right. The United States did create the Tomcat. The United States NAVY, that is. EDC simply said that the USAF (US AIR FORCE) did not create the Tomcat, which is true. That is why he said the textures should be for the Iranian Air Force, which is the only actual AIR FORCE that flies Tomcats.

Cheers

Mr B

I hope its just a USA navy Tomcat in steel grey paint scheme like this one. By the way if we're against Iran, go ahead and make one for iran and throw it on the east side. I'd be glad to splash a few in some desert maps. Maximus what will the loadouts be for your version of the Tomcat? Will there be many kinds of loadouts? f-14_02-above-s.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Dec. 19 2002,02:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Okay so last one was the navy variant will this one be air force?<span id='postcolor'>

the last one was a crappy replica of the F-14, if you knew the F-14 u would notice how badly it was made. No offense to the author because he didn;t make that model. But this one, one word: Amazing. So this one will totaly replace the old one. Now this one truely shows the flare of the F-14. I hope you make the canopy right. and the canopy support beams. And please make that curved canopy-fueselage line right. And please make sure the pilot seating is correct position. And above all, make sure scale is perfect. What will make it perfect is the small size of pilot relaticve to the plane. Dont make too small. ...just make it correct size.

edit :- Can u show screens of it from the sides? top-side and bottom side... and back-side.

Well done.

cheers

this is the line im talking about.

f-14.jpg

cheers

edit: - and here is a great site where u can get info on squadrons and paint schemes:

http://www.tomcatalley.com/

paint scheme page is:

http://www.tomcatalley.com/squadron.htm

and another GREAT site. with a walk around section. great details of cockpit.

http://www.anft.net/f-14/

Walk around section:

http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-detail.htm

Heh, Im not the one who is making the plane. One of our squad guys is.

He was complaining about how unrealistic the current one is (again, no offence to the maker of that one) so he decided to make his own that is perfect down to the last detail.  xmas.gif

Im not sure about the loadout and such but I will ICQ him the link to this thread so he can give better explainations that I could.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Dec. 19 2002,04:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You must be out of your goourd.  The united states created the F-14 tomcat and has way more than the Iranian air force does.  You talking to me is over.<span id='postcolor'>

Lol,hm,sentence doesn't compute.

Great model btw,looks extremely realistic smile.gif

Please dont forget the Arrestor hook. By the way Give some depth to the engine like Deadsolider's eagle.

I try to hold my comments but if you must go with an engine go with the original F14 engine noise. It was fine.

I sure would like an update on this addon, I guess the maker is too busy trashing everyone elses work (Mr.Dynamo)...

Here is dynamo trash talking the A6 Intruder

...And trash talking Col. Klinks Harrier...

...And trash talking alot of people including myself....

Now I just want to know dynamo, when is your addon going to be finished or for that matter even make it out of 3ds max and into O2? From the way you talk in the last post you obvoiusly havnt open o2 before....Need help setting it up? Just give us an update plz...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Dec. 19 2002,02:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Okay so last one was the navy variant will this one be air force?  Oh and could you make the machine gun sound different from the last one.  Make the cannon sound more like the cannon on the Tornado.  That was the most realistic thing, or else the stock A10.<span id='postcolor'>

F14 is a naval aircraft ONLY smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hudson @ Jan. 15 2003,03:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I sure would like an update on this addon, I guess the maker is too busy trashing everyone elses work (Mr.Dynamo)...

Here is dynamo trash talking the A6 Intruder

...And trash talking Col. Klinks Harrier...

...And trash talking alot of people including myself....

Now I just want to know dynamo, when is your addon going to be finished or for that matter even make it out of 3ds max and into O2? From the way you talk in the last post you obvoiusly havnt open o2 before....Need help setting it up? Just give us an update plz...<span id='postcolor'>

Ugh... That's truly horrible.

...Although I did find the following tidbit to be very funny!

Posted by Dynamo:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">DO UR HOME WORK PEOPEL!<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Dec. 19 2002,08:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope its just a USA navy Tomcat in steel grey paint scheme like this one.  By the way if we're against Iran, go ahead and make one for iran and throw it on the east side.  I'd be glad to splash a few in some desert maps.   Maximus what will the loadouts be for your version of the Tomcat?  Will there be many kinds of loadouts? f-14_02-above-s.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Well...having been born in Iran, I just wanted to add that the F-14 Tomcat was sold to Iran back when Iran was an ally to the U.S..   Also contrary to popular belief, a vast number of Iranian citizens and many moderates in their government would be happy to be allies once again with the US.   Under Bush that's probably not going to happen (more then likely Iran will be next on the hit list after Iraq so it probably would be realistic to have Iranian F-14's on the East side).  So perhaps East side Iranian F14's would be realistic, although most from what I hear are no longer flying in the Iranian Airforce due to the lack of spare parts.  Some however I believe were used against Iraq during the Iran/Iraq war...where ironically we supported and armed Iraq and Saddam Hussein... my how times change.  (sigh).  But I doubt anyone around here would be interested in doing an Iran-Iraq War mod (even though it was perhaps the bloodiest war in that region in modern history).  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

well Miles. if someone would actually model a T-62 <most common Iraqi tank of the period> I wouldn't mind doing one up, (be a rather bloody affair, both sides lacked C3I and decent logistical support, tended to turn fights into last-man-standing slugfests)

Vice modern day, according to Janes, the Iranians still have at least 2 tomcats operational, they seem to employ them as a "poor man's AWACS" (that bigassed radar in the nose) out of Bandar Abbas <sp?>

why bother with a possible iranian pait scheme.... most of the info i have seen shows that either none or very few of the old F-14A's from shiraz ab are even flyable....let alone competent pilots to fly them.... also armament is an issue for the iranians. we dont sell the sidewinders, the only arms they got are chinese or russian and i think the shackle points on the ordnance and the racks are different between US and other countries ordnance. USN offers the best addon direction for the tomcat, due to arms, paint, and overal realism.

I think the irani F14's were used as a mini AWACS the last time they saw action.

(because of the lack of spare parts and their price smile.gif)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Dec. 19 2002,02:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Okay so last one was the navy variant will this one be air force?  Oh and could you make the machine gun sound different from the last one.  Make the cannon sound more like the cannon on the Tornado.  That was the most realistic thing, or else the stock A10.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually the Vulcan cannon sounds nothing like the tornado's cannon. 100 rounds per second sounds like a low-pitched buzz. Also the barrels need a 1/3-second time to accelerate to 6000rpm.