I am currently in the process of making a GUI that allows you to customize the pylons of a plane. Everything works up until this one part. (This is not the only thing in the GUI, just one function).

params["_indexWeapon"];

_weaponToEquip = currentWeapons select (_indexWeapon + 2);
_planeToEquip = currentObject;
_pylonToEquipIndex = currentPylonNum + 1;
systemChat str _pylonToEquipIndex;
systemChat str _planeToEquip;
systemChat _weaponToEquip;

(_planeToEquip) setPylonLoadOut [_pylonToEquipIndex, _weaponToEquip, true, []];

For some reason, in the setPylonLoadOut, the _weaponToEquip does not work. So say it equals "PylonRack_1Rnd_AAA_missiles". I get the error in game, "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines."PylonRack_1Rnd_AAA_missiles"'. But if I change the code to,

(_planeToEquip) setPylonLoadOut [_pylonToEquipIndex, "PylonRack_1Rnd_AAA_missiles", true, []];

It works if I use that code.

I can't seem to figure out why this is and what a fix for it might be. If anyone has any ideas why this is and what a fix might be, I will be extremely grateful for your input. Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hampter said:

'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines."PylonRack_1Rnd_AAA_missiles"

The error suggests you have your magazine type in double quotes ( string of a string ), as the magazine type should not be displayed in the error message with quotes around it  e.g try

(_planeToEquip) setPylonLoadOut [_pylonToEquipIndex, str "PylonRack_1Rnd_AAA_missiles", true, []];

You get the same error message displayed.

• Like 2