Sign in to follow this  
Milkman

God this has been bugging me

Ever since i bought this game, i have been wondering, when you are away from a squad member and you are the commanding officer, the squad member will say "Where are You?" and i dont know how to answer. Also, if i am injured but then i am healed, my icon on the bottom still shows my unit red, and i cant say "Ready" or anything to clear it with. Can sombody tell me what to do?

P.S to admin:I didnt know where to post this, sorry

the "where are you" happens if your men are following you and you get too far ahead of them. Perfectly logical though annoying. Just order them to stop and they'll soon shut up.

The "bloody" icon thing has me stumped too.

Or give the men the command "move to" and select somewhere close to you, they will move and stop asking.

Yeah, I've been hoping that we would get a way to reply in a future patch.

It seems so simple to fix and would make SOOOO much sense and would make a big difference to me. SOMEONE IN BIS PLEASE FIX THIS.

Also, it would do a great deal of good in Multi Player when you want to organize your lost team in coop although I don't play multiplayer.

I am not certian about the reason for the lack of a reply command to the "Where are you?" message... I also think that there should be one, but I'm wondering if there isn't one because you could use it to tell yourself where you are, and in veteran mode you don't see yourself on the map... could be something like that, not sure..

And about the "blood icon"... are you in a vehicle? I can't remember whether or not my icon changes back if I'm not in a vehicle, but I think I have sometimes had to exit and re-enter a vehicle for it to change (and if it were another soldier, have him report his status)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zenzelezz @ Dec. 17 2002,13:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am not certian about the reason for the lack of a reply command to the "Where are you?" message... I also think that there should be one, but I'm wondering if there isn't one because you could use it to tell yourself where you are, and in veteran mode you don't see yourself on the map... could be something like that, not sure..<span id='postcolor'>

Even when in veteran mode, when you command and your troops are near you, you can issue the WHERE ARE YOU command for one of your nearby AIs and that will pinpoint your current coordinates plus place a position and time marker on the map.

Amazing that the grunts know what the commander doesn't. biggrin.gif

The AI asks "Where Are You?" when you get a certain distance away from them only when they are supposed to be "In Formation" with you. After they ask that, they get a return on where you are, and will come to you. There is no need to reply or anything...the AI knows what it is doing. Try it with another human player and you'll see what I mean.

But yes it is annoying....you just have to keep your squad together, or tell them the go somewhere and stay there. smile.gif

Does anyone have the problem in Resistance Campaign where you order your men to fall back in formation and then it says "Follow 7" or some other guy instead? lol never knew how that kept happening.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ixian @ Dec. 17 2002,15:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does anyone have the problem in Resistance Campaign where you order your men to fall back in formation and then it says  "Follow 7" or some other guy instead?  lol never knew how that kept happening.<span id='postcolor'>

I've had that happen. Don't know what causes it, other than it being a straight out bug. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does anyone have the problem in Resistance Campaign where you order your men to fall back in formation and then it says "Follow 7" or some other guy instead? lol never knew how that kept happening<span id='postcolor'>

Used to piss me off a lot especially when I was driving forward and my gunner was facing behind me ( He always faces the group commander). My understanding of it is that it has to do with rank. Let's say you're in a tank as a driver and only #2 is with you as a gunner. Some other vehicle has 3,4,5 as driver, gunner and commander respectively. Everyone will follow 5 because he outranks you and 2, the lowly driver and gunner. If you had 3 in your tank as a commander then they'd all follow 3. At least that's how its worked from my observation.