Sign in to follow this  
x Relentless Xx

Spawn Enemy A.I. Upon Task Completion

I have a mission where you have to backtrack where you came from and I would like more enemies to spawn along the path with a saved Arsenal loadout that I have when you complete a specific task. Is there a way to do this? I do have the Eden Enhanced mod

I would suggest jebus  :  http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27160

it can spawn AI on markers or placed via editor positions,it can be called on a trigger for when your back tracking and you want the AI to be their,it also saves their load out.

This script has many more functions,it will have what you need.There may be simpler ways to do it,simply use the SHOW/HIDE modules from Eden editor to hide the AI and disable their simulation until needed,again via trigger. I would still suggest looking at Jebus.

My somewhat primitive method for doing something like this is to create the group(s) in the editor and create all the waypoints, etc. However, I place them in a remote location on the map where no one will be and set their simulation status to "false" so they will be frozen.

I then set a trigger that will execute script that will move them to where I need them to be via setpos and enable their simulation. Then they will come alive and perform all of the waypoints I created.

This keeps me from having to mess around with spawning scripts, and it allows for setting loadouts and waypoints with the editor in a normal way.

Example "Come alive/teleport to marker" script:

{_x setpos getmarkerpos "group_marker1"} forEach units group group_leader1;

sleep 1;

{_x enableSimulationGlobal true} forEach units group group_leader1;

Make a marker "group_marker1" to mark where the group will teleport to. Name the leader of the group "group_leader1". The enableSimulationGlobal true will make them come alive. Execute the script with a trigger after your desired conditions are met.

zigzagtshirt's method, i.e. hiding them and disabling their sim until you need them (not moving them over, that's a waste) works but actually learning how to spawn them is far better in the long run.

Something like:

_group = createGroup east;
for "_i" from 1 to (5 + (floor random 10)) do {
	_dude = _group createUnit ["O_V_Soldier_ghex_F", getMarkerPos spawn_marker_name, [], 0, "NONE"];
	//code exported from virtual arsenal to give _dude equipment
};

If you really don't want to use any scripts, using

{_x hideObject true; _x enableSimulation false} forEach unit group this;

In one of the group's units in the editor allows you to place (preferably cycled) patrol WPs as well and then just unhide them the same way.

Try to learn the code way if possible, though, it'll make you missions 100x more awesome.

13 hours ago, theend3r said:

zigzagtshirt's method, i.e. hiding them and disabling their sim until you need them (not moving them over, that's a waste) works but actually learning how to spawn them is far better in the long run.

Something like:

_group = createGroup east;
for "_i" from 1 to (5 + (floor random 10)) do {
	_dude = _group createUnit ["O_V_Soldier_ghex_F", getMarkerPos spawn_marker_name, [], 0, "NONE"];
	//code exported from virtual arsenal to give _dude equipment
};

If you really don't want to use any scripts, using

{_x hideObject true; _x enableSimulation false} forEach unit group this;

In one of the group's units in the editor allows you to place (preferably cycled) patrol WPs as well and then just unhide them the same way.

Try to learn the code way if possible, though, it'll make you missions 100x more awesome.

I never considered hiding them instead of moving them out of the way until needed hmm.  I always assumed that if they are hidden, they could still take damage and could have others bump into them. Is this not the case?

12 hours ago, zigzagtshirt said:

I never considered hiding them instead of moving them out of the way until needed hmm.  I always assumed that if they are hidden, they could still take damage and could have others bump into them. Is this not the case?

Not if they have simulation disabled, afaik.

Edit: So it seems they can take damage. In that case I apologize, your solution is indeed the correct one. Spawning by script is still preferable, though.

I can't really check either way because I'm on a business trip 500km from home.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, theend3r said:

Not if they have simulation disabled, afaik.

Edit: So it seems they can take damage. In that case I apologize, your solution is indeed the correct one. Spawning by script is still preferable, though.

I can't really check either way because I'm on a business trip 500km from home.

Thanks for the clarification. Agreed; spawning is the preferred method.