eggbeast

FIXED includefile "\a3\Functions_F\Params\paramRevive.hpp" not found

anyone who has this issue starting a MP server read on:

After making a mission in the editor and converting to PBO, it inherits a description.ext and class params somehow.

This causes the following issue:

MP server won't start with your mission file present in the mpmissions folder on your server.

So you can either find and delete the mission, and restart the server, or, if you actually want that mission to load on the server do this:

1. Navigate to your mission folder, e.g.

C:\Users\Rob\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Eggbeast\missions\@sog.DaKrong

2. Make a new text file in that folder.

3. Rename it description.ext

4. Open it and add the following lines of code - thus disabling the params and missing include file that your mission is inheriting

class Params
{
//    #include "\a3\Functions_F\Params\paramRevive.hpp"
};

5. pbo your mission and put it into your mp server mpmissions folder, and it will now load.

Obviously if you want revive stuff working there is more to it, but this is a simple fix for anyone struggling to find out why their server won''t start.

cheers

yeah, I just couldn't find a solution (except people saying "delete your mission")

and had to work it out myself, so figured I'd share it here for posterity!

It's got nothing to do with Argo btw, it appears to be simply an inherited class params in your mission that you won't even see, unless you make a description file and neutralise inheritance into class params by making your own copy..

class params{}; deletes any inherited content.

or using a set of your own params will be fine - I was wondering why all my Evolution missions didn't have the issue. Turns out it was because I had my own class params defined. So anyone making a mission without class params, will have the issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Add this to your init.sqf - 

["Initialize"] call bis_fnc_loadFunctions;

fixed it for me.The weather .hpp was my problem.

EDIT - problem has returned.

Final solution - Open the functions pbo and physically take out the .hpp and .inc files you need and add them into your mission folder.Change filepaths to call them from inside your mission folder.

No more errors now.:)

• Thanks 1

@ANZACSAS Steven i had the issue with ErrorMessage: Include file a3\functions_f\Params\paramWeather.hpp not found.

on my server with server hanging when it starts, i know which mission it is, and so far what i did was take the .hpp and .inc files from the a3 functions_f folder and put them

into a params folder in my mission folder.

Trying to update the code in my description.ext and wondering what is the correct path to the folder should be any insight?

What i have currently and not tested:

class Params
    {
        #define WEATHER_DEFAULT    0
        #include "\Params\paramWeather.hpp"

edit...

tested it and parameters dont show up at all but the server dont hang now but

i want the option to change the weather and time.

• Thanks 1

Hey bud,

Heres what i have in my description.Ext

#define DAYTIMEHOUR_DEFAULT	17
#define WEATHER_DEFAULT	0.2

class Params {
	#include "paramWeather.inc"
	#include "paramDaytimeHour.inc"
      };

Just add the folder name to the filepath.Unsure if you need the backslash or not when using a separate folder.Keep that in mind.

And yeah, add the desired .hpp and .inc files to your mission folder.

🙂

On 3/22/2020 at 5:30 AM, ANZACSAS Steven said:

Hey bud,

class Params {
      };

Just add the folder name to the filepath.Unsure if you need the backslash or not when using a separate folder.Keep that in mind.

I added this to my description but not alone with the other parameters i have, the mission starts, but the parameters in the lobby dont show up at all.

This is what i have in my description.ext currently:

#define DAYTIMEHOUR_DEFAULT	0
#define WEATHER_DEFAULT 0

class Params {
		#include "params\paramWeather.inc"
		#include "params\paramparamDaytimeHour.inc"
	    };

class AISkill {
			title = "AI Skill"; // Param name visible in the list
			texts[] = {"Very Easy","Easy","Normal","Hard", "Very Hard"}; // Values; must be integers; has to have the same number of elements as 'texts'
			values[] = {0,1,2,3,4}; // Description of each selectable item			
			default = 1; // Default value; must be listed in 'values' array, otherwise 0 is used
		};
    };

class Daytime
    {
		  title = "Time of the day";
		  texts[] = {"Dawn","Morning","Noon","Afternoon","Dusk","Night"};
		  values[] = {6,8,12,16,18,0};
		  default = 6;
		  function = "BIS_fnc_paramDaytime"; // (Optional) Function called when player joins, selected value is passed as an argument
      //isGlobal = 1; // (Optional) 1 to execute script / function locally for every player who joins, 0 to do it only on server
    };
	    class stamina
    {
      title = "stamina & fatigue for players";
      texts[] = {"No stamina nor fatigue","stamina & fatigue enabled"};
      values[] = {0,1};
      default = 1;
      isGlobal = 1;
    };
	class endParam
    {
      title = "______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________";
      values[] = {0};
      texts[] = {""};
      default = 0;
    };
};

With this the server just hangs, no errors related as far as i can tell, with MP lan mission starts np but no parameters in the lobby.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:
On 3/22/2020 at 9:30 PM, ANZACSAS Steven said:

Hey bud,

class Params {
      };

I added this to my description but not alone with the other parameters i have, the mission starts, but the parameters in the lobby dont show up at all.

This is what i have in my description.ext currently:

Any other code apart from what i listed above is your problem.All that code after the class params entries in your description.EXT file exists already in the .inc and .hpp files.No need to add it again.

Give that a try.:)

Oh! Thats good to know then, make sense will try that.

What about the class AISkill param where you can change the difficulty, and the class stamina is there too

class AISkill {
			texts[] = {"Very Easy","Easy","Normal","Hard", "Very Hard"}; // Values; must be integers; has to have the same number of elements as 'texts'
			default = 1; // Default value; must be listed in 'values' array, otherwise 0 is used
		};
    };

class stamina
    {
      values[] = {0,1};
      default = 1;
      isGlobal = 1;
    };

12 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Oh! Thats good to know then, make sense will try that.

What about the class AISkill param where you can change the difficulty, and the class stamina is there too

I havnt tried that param yet.But have a look into the .hpp file and see whats in there.If its listed in the .hpp file then probably it wont need adding to the description file.Not 100% sure though, i havnt been down the aiskill param path yet.

Let me know how you go.I'am interested in that too now.:)

Ok. I got it figured out and working np on my server now, i had a friend on my steam friends whom i chat with a bit, were working on a project together for a mission so asked him

and pointed out what was wrong and what i needed to do, so here is the updated code with the adjustment in param while maintaining the existing parameters for difficulty and stamina.

class Params
	{
		#ifndef WEATHER_DEFAULT
		#define WEATHER_DEFAULT	25
		#endif

class Weather
		{
			title = $STR_A3_rscattributeovercast_title;
			values[] = {0,25,50,75,100};
			texts[] = {	$STR_A3_rscattributeovercast_value000_tooltip,$STR_A3_rscattributeovercast_value025_tooltip,$STR_A3_rscattributeovercast_value050_tooltip,$STR_A3_rscattributeovercast_value075_tooltip,$STR_A3_rscattributeovercast_value100_tooltip
};
		default = WEATHER_DEFAULT;
		function = "BIS_fnc_paramWeather";
	};

class AISkill
		{
		};

class Daytime
   		{
		  title = "Time of the day";
		  texts[] = {"Dawn","Morning","Noon","Afternoon","Dusk","Night"};
		  values[] = {6,8,12,16,18,0};
		  default = 6;
		  function = "BIS_fnc_paramDaytime"; // (Optional) Function called when player joins, selected value is passed as an argument
      //isGlobal = 1; // (Optional) 1 to execute script / function locally for every player who joins, 0 to do it only on server
   		};
	    class stamina
    	{
      values[] = {0,1};
      default = 1;
      isGlobal = 1;
    };
	class endParam
    {
      title = "______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________";
      values[] = {0};
      texts[] = {""};
      default = 0;
    };
};

• Like 1

Looks a little different to how i have the params.Nvm,you got it working ,thats the main thing.

🙂

Can either you Gunther or Anzacsas drop a mission whole,  Nothing special basic no mods vanilla mission with a intentionally broken description.ext for debugging?  Yas sparked some interest.   See https://discordapp.com/channels/105462288051380224/115333379133669382/694270058926440630 (ARMA discord #editor_arma3 channel)

• Thanks 1

@Gunter,

Check your defines are not entered not in the params class.Compare yours to the BI Wiki m8.

@Gunter, Error persists... See original workaround.

50 minutes ago, ANZACSAS Steven said:

Okay, Just looked up the BI Wiki and the page and example given have been amended to show correct use.This bug is no longer an issue.

The first post here, reporting the bug, was already using the correct syntax that biki tells you to use.

So yes, biki added a note, changes nothing on his bug though. This bug is still an issue.

• Confused 1

@Gunter, Error persists...

See original workaround.BI has a example mission to work from.

See what happens.

Sure?

class Params
	{
		#ifndef WEATHER_DEFAULT
		#define WEATHER_DEFAULT	25
		#endif

class Weather
		{
			title = $STR_A3_rscattributeovercast_title;
			values[] = {0,25,50,75,100};
			texts[] = {	$STR_A3_rscattributeovercast_value000_tooltip,$STR_A3_rscattributeovercast_value025_tooltip,$STR_A3_rscattributeovercast_value050_tooltip,$STR_A3_rscattributeovercast_value075_tooltip,$STR_A3_rscattributeovercast_value100_tooltip
};
		default = WEATHER_DEFAULT;
		function = "BIS_fnc_paramWeather";
	};

The #define WEATHER_DEFAULT    25 

is an optional variable seen under the templates.

What i have above works np, i dont have any error for this in my server's rpt.

Just dont add the code for the file.

Also when you type using @ hit space and then type the persons name, name should be blue.

Like this @ANZACSAS Steven

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Sure?

No, your code works fine. No idea what he's talking about tbh.

Also the bug this thread is about is a engine bug, that has not been fixed..

We want to fix it now which is why sycholic asked for repro missions.

On 4/1/2020 at 12:09 AM, Dedmen said:

o, your code works fine. No idea what he's talking about tbh.

Also the bug this thread is about is a engine bug, that has not been fixed..

We want to fix it now which is why sycholic asked for repro missions.

The example i was working from had the defines outside of the params class.It works fine too.So that is what i was talking about.

I stated the error persists.sycholic linked me to the thread in Discord to assist, as i did.Anybody else take the time to send you exactly what you requested?

As the only person to post a workaround to get these functions working, for everyone and not just myself i think i lil more respect could be displayed here tbh.

I personally appreciate your feedback and what you did show when i had the issue, so you got my respect even though i had

more help elseware, nontheless i think we can all agree here that we have this issue sorted, after all this time too.

1 hour ago, Gunter Severloh said:

i had

more help elseware

If it wasnt for my post you wouldnt be using these functions at all.Never mind where to put the defines..

Why are we pointing fingers, why are you attacking me anyways?  i said i had "more" help

I never doubted you nor blaming you, or saying that your info wasn't legit, wtf do i know i dont code, or script, even though i been

in this since day 1 of the series im still learning based on what i play and do, so i do appreciate every tid bit of information that i ask about or have been given.

Trust me i appreciate coders/ modders such as yourself Steven, i give the appreciation and respect where their due,

all im saying is yes i did get help from a friend.

When i ask for help i like to get a couple if not more perspectives on whatever it is im trying to do or figure out especially code

to get a bigger picture of how it all works, as it can help me for future missions or projects, or maybe pass the info to others that are also struggling, you know

share the light, pass the torch so to speak why else would i be here aside i love the game, cuz i give a dam about the community and the people in it,

and more especially the modders i talk and work with, alot whom are not on here i miss too.

9 hours ago, ANZACSAS Steven said:

So that is what i was talking about. 

But thats not what this thread was about. And it was not what sycholic asked about.

On 4/3/2020 at 2:18 AM, Dedmen said:

But thats not what this thread was about. And it was not what sycholic asked about.

Yes ,thats right.Theres two different topics going on.Gunter was dissatisified with my less than deep explanation and example of how the params are setup.As you said, thats not what this thread is about.How to setup params classes for missions are already well documented and are easy to find with google search.