CaptainMikeC

Switch faction according to players clothes

Hello,

I want to make a PVP mission with guerrillas and AAF.

I want to make guerrillas have a choice, to access certain crates  with civilian clothing inside them any time they wish to.

Then, as long as they remain dressed as a civ (they could go back to their base and get guerrilla gear) they should change faction to become a civ. If at any point they equip any weapons or gear other than civilian clothing they should switch back to guerrillas. (Could they possibly have their Task force radio's on to talk with other members even if they are civs without changing faction?)

Using this 

AAF who shoot at civilian clothed players will lose the game.

But as I mentioned, the civs shouldnt have any military gear on them, because then in theory player guerrillas would just be dressed as civs with guns, punishing the AAF for killing them using the game's mechanics while they can do whatever they want.

I am a noob when it comes to scripting...

Any advice?

To help you a little bit in your quest, some hints:

1 - resistance guys can only wear "bandit" civilian clothes. Other armed factions can't do that at all. It's a "fool" Arma engine limitation with no choice for scripters.

If you want to override that, you have to script a lot (player can pick civilian clothes in crate, on ground or on dead civ).

2 - wearing civilian clothes should lead to the player becomes captive (civilian) and looses their weapon (drop them or delete them) just before captivity.

3 - reversibility captive/clothes

4 - this way, you can kill/punish the captive player if he takes a gun (weapons player must stay [ ] and you have to script apart for grenades)

5 - add an event handler for killed civs to punish the instigator.

So, a lot of work. Try to start with that or post your project in the right section.

There is a undercover script on armaholic. It works pretty well. You may be able to modify it to what you want

It probably uses forceAddUniform command. You cannot do it in the inventory UI, only via custom action or alternative. As @pierremgi already stated.