Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Beretta 92 billennium

In Switzerland you need to do a test (written and practical). Then you also need a good reason why you will hold that gun (sport is allways a reason). You then have to store the gun safety at home. Carrying the gun is forbidden (except from your home to your shooting arena).

You can also get a weapon carrying license, but for that you need to be bodyguard or something similar (in that case you are only allowed to carry the gun with you while on job).

Shooting at intruders in your home is forbidden (every attacking the burglar, except for real self defense), call the police instead (which will be then there 45 mins later or so).

Oh, btw nearly every male from 18 - 45 (was it 45?) has its army assault rifle at home.

Automatic weapons are forbidden here (except the regular service rifle), but if you deactivate automatic fire you can use also such weapons.

In Sweden after you get your license you can carry your weapon anywhere. They recently however came with a law that requires you to keep it concealed (quite different from for instance in USA where you have to get a special permit for that). Using the weapon for self defense is very much against the law unless you get attacked by somebody with a gun (very unlikely in Sweden).

To get a pistol license you have to be active in a shooting club for six months and pass a number of tests. Then you can buy a .22 caliber pistol. After another six months of active shooting in a club and some more tests you can buy a gun of a higher caliber. You also must have a weapons safe.

As for rifles you have get a hunting license or be a member of Hemvärnet (national guard).

I have read Shadows posts here and regarding the laws I couldn`t agree more , well there are both negative and positive sides with it .

And the latest addiction about that you have to document that you are an active members participating in so and so many competitions a year is over the line i.m.o , though that beeing said I like the fact that rifles aren`t " victim " of the same law ( as far as I know ) though I belive we are quite dutyful and that we respect our law , I mean we do have ALOT of firearms in Norway regarding the relationship between firearms and population .

Oh actually I didn`t know we could by silencers just like that for calibers over 22. :=) .

And now a question in Norwegian ( sorry do not know how to say it in English )

Har du merket noen forskjell mellom lyddempere som er paa gjenget vaapen og som bruker adapter ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ArchangelSKT @ Nov. 30 2002,14:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I mean we do have ALOT of firearms in Norway regarding the relationship between firearms and population .<span id='postcolor'>

And you should, since you never know when we Swedes will take back what is rightfully ours tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rastavovich @ Nov. 30 2002,12:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In Switzerland you need to do a test (written and practical). Then you also need a good reason why you will hold that gun (sport is allways a reason). You then have to store the gun safety at home. Carrying the gun is forbidden (except from your home to your shooting arena).

You can also get a weapon carrying license, but for that you need to be bodyguard or something similar (in that case you are only allowed to carry the gun with you while on job).

Shooting at intruders in your home is forbidden (every attacking the burglar, except for real self defense), call the police instead (which will be then there 45 mins later or so).

Oh, btw nearly every male from 18 - 45 (was it 45?) has its army assault rifle at home.

Automatic weapons are forbidden here (except the regular service rifle), but if you deactivate automatic fire you can use also such weapons.<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks that clears things up for me,

i was thinking they had tightened the rules since the guy that was carrying alot of weapons and killed everyone in a shop before suiciding.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rastavovich @ Nov. 30 2002,03:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh, btw nearly every male from 18 - 45 (was it 45?) has its army assault rifle at home.<span id='postcolor'>

Almost correct -- all able-bodied males between 18 and 42 are drafted into the Swiss military and are issued a rifle. For officers, the age bracket is extended to 52 years.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Nov. 30 2002,23:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rastavovich @ Nov. 30 2002,03:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh, btw nearly every male from 18 - 45 (was it 45?) has its army assault rifle at home.<span id='postcolor'>

Almost correct -- all able-bodied males between 18 and 42 are drafted into the Swiss military and are issued a rifle. For officers, the age bracket is extended to 52 years.<span id='postcolor'>

a good way to increase military size smile.gif (they need it you know)

but i wonder if this happens..

Officer: Private, did you take bath today?

Private: Yes sir!

Officer: then how come i smell rotten egg from you?

Private: no, sir! i took bath this morning!

Officer: don't give me that crap! you seldom wash your armpits!

Private: Dad! confused.gif

tounge.gif

anyawy, any progress in searching for Billenium Shadow?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Nov. 30 2002,23:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">any progress in searching for Billenium Shadow?<span id='postcolor'>

I'm still waiting for a definitive answer from the local police on what needs to be done. At this point it sounds like alot of paperworks that takes a long time to get through the system confused.gif

I sent emails to the persons auctioning their Billenniums but have'nt received a reply. Maybe I scared them off by telling them I'm norwegian confused.gif (that they don't want to export it?)

A friend who owns a weapon-store is also doing all he can to see if he can find one for me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Nov. 30 2002,13:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They recently however came with a law that requires you to keep it concealed (quite different from for instance in USA where you have to get a special permit for that).<span id='postcolor'>

Actually den, that is exactly what the laws are in most U.S. states.

A permit to carry is a "Concealed Weaposn Permit"...you have to keep it out of plain sight.

The exception is (I think) Arizona...where they have "open carry"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madmedic @ Dec. 01 2002,14:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Nov. 30 2002,13<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They recently however came with a law that requires you to keep it concealed (quite different from for instance in USA where you have to get a special permit for that).<span id='postcolor'>

A permit to carry is a "Concealed Weaposn Permit"...you have to keep it out of plain sight.

The exception is (I think) Arizona...where they have "open carry"<span id='postcolor'>

it varies. my colleague from Georgia says that in town he came from, when you get permit, you can carry if you visibly show them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Dec. 01 2002,18:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">when you get permit, you can carry if you visibly show them.<span id='postcolor'>

I thought that would make people hysteric wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Dec. 01 2002,18:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madmedic @ Dec. 01 2002,14:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Nov. 30 2002,13<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They recently however came with a law that requires you to keep it concealed (quite different from for instance in USA where you have to get a special permit for that).<span id='postcolor'>

The exception is (I think) Arizona...where they have "open carry"<span id='postcolor'>

it varies. my colleague from Georgia says that in town he came from, when you get permit, you can carry if you visibly show them.<span id='postcolor'>

Right,...there are a few places where they have "open carry" (Im not sure where all of them are, because...well, the laws in my state are the only ones that govern my carry permit...unless Im traveling.)

Most states that have carry permits are "concealed" though.

(just a shirt tail hanging over it is good enough in most cases)

In Tombstone Arizona (Where Wyatt Earp was from no less) you can walk around with a "hog leg" strapped on your leg like a cowboy if you want biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Nov. 27 2002,21:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A PSG1 costs around 10.000$ over here too (~100.000,-NOK)<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Nov. 27 2002,21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Guns are extremely expensive in Norway too sad.gif

I was thinking about starting rifle-shooting, but the moment I heard the price for my fav rifle I stop thinking about it ~30.000,-NOK for a G36

Some other rifles I like:<span id='postcolor'>

WHAT ?!?!

Please, are you telling me that right there in Norway you can find legally buyables G-36 and PSG1 for civilians confused.gif?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Maraudeur @ Dec. 02 2002,11:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Nov. 27 2002,21:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A PSG1 costs around 10.000$ over here too (~100.000,-NOK)<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Nov. 27 2002,21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Guns are extremely expensive in Norway too sad.gif

I was thinking about starting rifle-shooting, but the moment I heard the price for my fav rifle I stop thinking about it ~30.000,-NOK for a G36

Some other rifles I like:<span id='postcolor'>

WHAT ?!?!

Please, are you telling me that right there in Norway you can find legally buyables G-36 and PSG1 for civilians confused.gif?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes.... but as you can see , they're not cheap.

There are a few weapons that a civilian is not allowed to have (typically what the military over here uses):

G3 (all variants)

MP5 (all variants), however a HK94 is allowed (basically an MP5 with longer barrel and is categorized as a rifle)

There are a few other rifles that are illegal too: SIG SG552 (too short barrel)...

Ok ok ok... I keep cool....

German export rules are to do not sale specific military/law enforcement to civilians.

That's why Heckler und Koch build years ago the 91/93/94 series, because the pistol grip carrying the firing mechanism was not built in one piece and interchangeable, unlike the military/LE the G3/33/MP5 series.

That's why they built the SL8 also. ( many minor variations from civilians and regular things )

So you are just telling me some armourers can find for civilians buyers HK33, HK53, PSG1 and G36 because they are not in use in Norwegian army ?? -- err isn't the G36 actually beginning service with your navy ? --

Whatever, please confirm or infirm this, if the process is OK please PM me or mail me at le-furet@wanadoo.fr because I would need a contact in Norway wink.gif

Oh...and do not spend money for a beretta, come on, buy a HK P7 !! tounge.gifwink.gifsmile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh...and do not spend money for a beretta, come on, buy a HK P7 <span id='postcolor'>

1)I'm a Beretta-maniac

2)I want that Billennium

3)See #1 & #2

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">err isn't the G36 actually beginning service with your navy ?<span id='postcolor'>

I don't know

Basicly all rifles are allowed for civilians here, but there are a few exceptions. Some because of barrel-lengths etc others because it "identifies" the norwegian soldier (just like the field-uniform).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Dec. 02 2002,12:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes.... but as you can see , they're not cheap.

There are a few weapons that a civilian is not allowed to have (typically what the military over here uses):

G3 (all variants)<span id='postcolor'>

Realy? I remember that the winner of one of the diciplines at the "Landsskytterstevne" used AG3. The only difference from the rifle I used in the service is that his was black. I think it's legal as a semi-automatic.

Check out the state of the art firearms over in the good ole UK.

Sprite%2054.jpg

Im still looking for that hard to find 4 band catapult wow

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Dec. 03 2002,06:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Check out the state of the art firearms over in the good ole UK.

Sprite%2054.jpg

Im still looking for that hard to find 4 band catapult wow<span id='postcolor'>

LOL...good post Renegade biggrin.gif