Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Space shuttle launch

The weather over Zaragosa is a bit worrying confused.gif

Zaragosa is one of the potential emergency landing places and needs to have good weather before take-off....

i really admire the spationauts who fly those space shuttles , it needs a lot of skills and experience to do it well and it can be dangerous (Challenger 1986)

what's the time over the launching pad ?

looks ike it's early in the evening

night launches are the most impressive

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 24 2002,00:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">between 4 and 6pm, very dark for that time confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

darker it gets (light , not weather) better it will look

i've seen one of the arianne 4 launches at Kourous during my short time in french guyanna , it was during the night ... absolutely stunning

7:49 eastern time, damnit my grandma is coming at 8 00 and we hav to pick her up from the airport. Damn ive never watched a space shuttle in real time take off, this was my chance.  sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 24 2002,00:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://www.broadcast.com/learnin....evision

Go and tune in, less than 45 mins until launch!!<span id='postcolor'>

Bloody cool wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Nov. 24 2002,00:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">7:49 eastern time, damnit my grandma is coming at 8 00 and we hav to pick her up from the airport. Damn ive never watched a space shuttle in real time take off, this was my chance.  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

don't worry . there are several space shuttle launches during the year and most of them are broadcasted in live on most TV's

but it renders way better when you see the REAL think with your on eyes

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 24 2002,00:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Damn, delayed by 10 minutes sad.gif

Payload check sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

always better than having the shuttle to blow up in mid-air or to stay stuck on the launching pad

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Nov. 24 2002,00:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 24 2002,00:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Damn, delayed by 10 minutes sad.gif

always better than having the shuttle to blow up in mid-air or to stay stuck on the launching pad<span id='postcolor'>

True, but I have coursework to do, the earlier it flies off, the sooner Ill do it tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 24 2002,00:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Nov. 24 2002,00:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 24 2002,00:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Damn, delayed by 10 minutes sad.gif

always better than having the shuttle to blow up in mid-air or to stay stuck on the launching pad<span id='postcolor'>

True, but I have coursework to do, the earlier it flies off, the sooner Ill do it tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol

anyway , thx ex-ronin , for pointing this out ... i'm going to watch that and stay awake 1 more hour smile.gif

i'll use my brand new PC/TV installation smile.gif

Our cable provider has NASA TV on it, so I'm watching it now.

Thanks for the tip. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Nov. 24 2002,00:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 24 2002,00:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Damn, delayed by 10 minutes sad.gif

depends if ur the crew or the viewer wink.gif

Bleh, holding for 45 minutes. NASA has no clue about showbusiness confused.gif

yet its still more interesting than F1 racing tounge.gif

I wonder if they`ll ever build a giant battle cannon to launch probes and satallites into space instead of rocket motors.

I could watch it launch from standing outside smile.gif Too many mosquitoes, i'll just watch it on here wink.gif Good find Ex Ronin

I've got to find this manual we have about the space shuttle, maybe I can follow along.

The college I'm going to next year, K-State at Salina, is 4th in line for an emergency space shuttle landing.

Damn, I get "Could not play any media in the playlist" from Windows Media Player sad.gif

Try going back to the Nasa page where you get it and click the button again.

Edit:about 9 minutes left.