Sign in to follow this  
ExtracTioN

I think this wwii game is from bis

I have seen a new WWII game it is planned to release in 2004 and if you look the screens you will see that it is OFP engine but a little different the game is publiced by CM too here is link

would be strange, cm didnt license or buy the opflash engine... which on the one hand is sad... you know, id made a lot of great games possible by merchandising the gameengines of the quake-series, like mohaa, rtcw, sof2, alice, jedi knight2.

would be great to see other development teams building games with this great engine, perhaps it would give a great enhancement to it.

there is a rts-addon by an opflash-fan, isnt it? called like rts1 to rts 3 if i remember correctly.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MesserJockel @ Nov. 22 2002,18:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">would be great to see other development teams building games with this great engine, perhaps it would give a great enhancement to it.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree.

Codemasters will be publishing WW2 RTS buy C1 games.It was originally thought that Ubi would publish it.

So you sort of got your wish

Oleg Maddox the creator of IL-2 is behind it and it will surely be something very special.Too bad it's an RTS and not part FPS too but oh well you can't win em all I guess.

And no this is not at all copied from the OFP engine if you had IL-2 you would recognize it as a very close cousin of that engine.The best WW2 flightsim available.

whoa, those are pretty sweet pics. those German tanks even have indvidual numbers painted on to their turrets. only downside for me though is that theres no way it'll look that good on my PC. i hope what ever it is it'll come on to the consoles.

@jersey devil: if it is possible to create a rts game out of opflash, its surely possible to create an fps/combat sim out of a strategy game =) (hope so)

@red oct: the sturmovik engine isnt that hardware-hungry... runs quite smooth on older engines too, afair

so whats this RTS supposed to be like? is it turn based on a map like combat missions? or do you like produce war machines, train troops, build bases, control towns and tax its civilians to fund your war machines? the kinda RTS that i reall do look for is the kind that also involves more a political and economic stradegy along w/ war stradegy. like you would have to establish routes for your supply convoys to travel and distribute supplies, ammo, and arms, to your men. make alliances. protect and maintain the peace in villiages, and cities. there really hasn't been anything like that though, sad.gif a cross of that "Super Power" game, and maybe like C&C.

Eh.. Sims meets WW2 biggrin.gif Now that would be something (not).

C&C Generals will be out soon. Have you seen the mindblowing gfx when played with Nvidia FX ?

OMG.. imagine a OFP sequel with Nvidia FX! *faint*

I just hope that game has a good multiplayer and good sniper action. But i sure hope that sniping won't be too easy. Just to avoid ppl assaulting with a sniper rifle...

The screens look pretty good, the explosion (or whatever) it is in the first pic looks a bit weird but i guess that's just because it's a screenshot...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Nov. 23 2002,22:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just hope that game has a good multiplayer and good sniper action.  But i sure hope that sniping won't be too easy. Just to avoid ppl assaulting with a sniper rifle...<span id='postcolor'>

huh ?

I don't like it when some idiots use sniper rifles as assaulting weapons (instead of sniping with them), lots of ppl just use a sniper rifle because it's strong and in most games it can kill with one shot. So instead of sniping they just run around on the field and shoot at whatever moves, 1 bullet will do.

I dunno if this is the same in OFP, i suppose not, haven't played the multiplayer, but when you look at (most of the) other games, you'll see that sniper rifles and bazookas are very popular just because it doesn't requir a lot of skill.

That's what i hate, i'd like to see a game where sniping is hard but fun for people who really like sniping.

Do you understand me now?

it's a RTS Real Time Strategy

NOT a FPS First Person Shooter

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Nov. 24 2002,18:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*..........*

Darn...<span id='postcolor'>

Read the post!!

wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Nov. 23 2002,04:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so whats this RTS supposed to be like? is it turn based on a map like combat missions? or do you like produce war machines, train troops, build bases, control towns and tax its civilians to fund your war machines? the kinda RTS that i reall do look for is the kind that also involves more a political and economic stradegy along w/ war stradegy. like you would have to establish routes for your supply convoys to travel and distribute supplies, ammo, and arms, to your men. make alliances. protect and maintain the peace in villiages, and cities. there really hasn't been anything like that though, sad.gif a cross of that "Super Power" game, and maybe like C&C.<span id='postcolor'>

umm, RTS sort of means that it will not be turn based smile.gif

I would expect it to be a cross of the scenario styles and realism of Combat Mission but with a real time system more closely resembling Close Combat, all wrapped up in graphics that would make a grown man cry