Sign in to follow this  
TheOmega

Us sub teaser

Sturgeon Class Sub:

SSNpromo006_.jpg

SSNpromo002.jpg

Hmm i dont think u guys have heard all the news so ill post here aswell. A tip of the iceberg... nearing completion...

Model by a-lone-wolf. Textures by The Omega.

More info and pics at: OWA

it looks good, although what will it be used for? launching spec ops? oh and the D-30 and L7A2 look fantastic

Hmm, doesnt hurt to say i guess... Yep...

It will also be dynamic.

wink.gif

[PS: For the moderators, plz move this to "Addons Work in Progress", i only noticed it now it was in the wrong forum. Thx in advance]. - Oops Thx... moved while i was posting this. Thx W!

looks real good..my question is..how is it gonna work..like can it go under water then come up when it wants to?

cheers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TheOmega @ Nov. 21 2002,06:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sturgeon Class Sub:

SSNpromo002.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Looks more like a Deville class sub. How many puppies does it take to make one of those?

The periscope looks funny. Does it really have the zebra texture in real life? Otherwise this is going to be a great addon. At least as a specops / air raid target smile.gif

Yes they do have. In real sea it provides some camoflage for the scopes, but not in ofp 'seas' smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blake @ Nov. 21 2002,09:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes they do have. In real sea it provides some camoflage for the scopes, but not in ofp 'seas' smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

So, do Navy Seals carry these?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Nov. 21 2002,08:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blake @ Nov. 21 2002,09:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes they do have. In real sea it provides some camoflage for the scopes, but not in ofp 'seas' smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

So, do Navy Seals carry these?<span id='postcolor'>

LADIES WEAPONS is a "fashion-fiction" visual story….

wink.gif

Looks great... I can't wait for it! Launching Spec Ops from a sub has always been one of my OFP dreams, so much so I began making Spetzatz commando missions starting near Colonel Klinks Soviet Sub smile.gif (Usually involving blowing up his Radar Station smile.gif )

Well we have to stick with islands for Ofp after all, isnt it?

And for the camo... its realistic, thx for pic illustrating that, AvonLady. The white there will be changed to greyish for any final.

About the cow camo... its must be a new urban prototype... for "indians" vs cowboys scenarios. Note: India (hindu) considers cows sacred, so it would be a form of immunity to "pissing bullets". No disrispect intended to hindus, indians, cows or boys for that matter. Well cows just chew on grass, so they wouldnt care anyway. They also crap alot, lol. tounge.gif

Will there be weapons like Mk48s(torpedo) and Harpoons on it?

Torpedoes... Although we thought about it. No. It is possible, but not practical in my view. Ofp is not a naval combat game.

And would divert from other priorities.

But if we get any free time, we might include it later.

As for cruise/ship-to-ship missles.

Cant say more about it... but we will announce in due time.

Otherwise this can be done by other future 3rd party addons and through editing. So it is not an issue for us.

Please understand, that for this class of sub, it does not engage surfaced... and OFP is not optimized for any underwater combat simulation... so there is little point.

But there are other more effective ways to go around this...

As for the Sturgeon... at this time i can already say: It will not be released standalone, so it may take a longer than expected. But no longer that it has to. We will hold to see if BiS resolves a bug we encountered particulary for extra goodies that may be included. We can release, but it wont be as enjoyable.

As for the good news:

ALL named subs, prior to 91' will be included. So u can pick your specific boat to suit your mission needs. biggrin.gif

how did you get past the problem of the high seabed? I mean when i drown myself i can see that te seabed is v.high and i can see that your sub is enourmous! It would be nice to know smile.gif because there must be something im missing tounge.gif