Sign in to follow this  
vade_101

Project: uk forces.

Those textures are explicit guys! Fantabulous

Now i don't want you releasing anything until this mod will kick ass! Get nice and close to the lovely people at CoC and nick their mortars so our royal marines can have a 81mm, very useful.  biggrin_o.gif

Remember that while everyone loves those Super duper vehicles that can do everything and take a couple of years to model, the actual players will be using the SA80, GPMG and wearing DPM. What i liked about the FDF mod was that altthough they had a good selection of high quality vehicles, you could see that a lot of effort went into the individual rifles that really added to the ambience. Oh and with a sea King this mod is going to be fantastic. If what i have said sounds really obvious and is redundant don't take offense, i don't know how this mod is going so i'm just probing with some general ideas.  biggrin_o.gif

damn. Now THAT is English camo allright. Keep up the good work. And oh, you guys probably dont realize this, but putting a pink rover high on the to-do list could garantee your OFP-immortality wink_o.gif

Bloody excellent - that is really top quality work!!!

Just one query - you've got what looks like a nicely-textured '58 pattern belt on the outside of the jacket. Now i know in some areas of the British Army there is (in my opinion a rather antequated) preference for doing this (such as in PT/Assault course in DPM's where its practical if you need to haul some lardarse over a wall!!) but i'm not sure many soldiers wear one one the outside of a combat jacket in real combat operations, especially wearing webbing as well!

(NB, i'm speaking from experience as a former army cadet a few years back while i was at school, (left a CSM after 4 years, get me!) - have been on several camps attached to reg army units, one of which was to germany on an attachment to RAC/BAOR during the buildup to Kosovo in '99 when i saw a lot of training taking place during which time i don't think i saw anyone sporting this particular fashion!!)

I went from what my brother told me, but he has only been in the army 2 years, and his regiment for 1 year, in 2RTR.

But yes from looking at pictures I can see what your saying CrispPacket. So as we are gonna create more pouches and kinda have them appear random, so some units you place may have an extra ammo pouch, or various other webbing.

So we can do that aswell for the belt. good idea?

Yeah that sounds good - i like the idea of more "unique" soldier models!

Here is the latest on the retexture/remodel, next to the old textures/model.

inf_side.jpg

inf_back.jpg

Finally some normal UK infantry. And finally a reason to use all those fancy British aircraft which until now had little reason to see the daylight in a mission.

Pity there's no good UK tanks/apc:s yet. Well one decent Challenger I think.

BM

Finally some normal UK infantry. And finally a reason to use all those fancy British aircraft which until now had little reason to see the daylight in a mission.

Pity there's no good UK tanks/apc:s yet. Well one decent Challenger I think.

BM

look at that:

pukfchal2i.jpeg

cant w8 till this is released! crazy_o.gif

hmmmm never knew that image has been posted on opflash.org, I should make it clear that the project is on hold as we complete the infantry, Royal Marines and Paras.

Nice tank pic. Btw I forgot that there is actually a Land Rover on ofp.info as well. The first steps towards a mechanized Brit force smile_o.gif.

Way way back I found a decent British Light infantry pack at ofp.info. Unfortunatelly it was never updated for RES or even updated at all.

BM

I went from what my brother told me, but he has only been in the army 2 years, and his regiment for 1 year, in 2RTR.

But yes from looking at pictures I can see what your saying CrispPacket. So as we are gonna create more pouches and kinda have them appear random, so some units you place may have an extra ammo pouch, or various other webbing.

So we can do that aswell for the belt. good idea?

I was in 2RTR for ten years and only 1RTR (tossers) wear belts over jackets.

I you want belts over jackets (please no) then make it a soldier 95 webbelt as 58 is no more.

Which pack was that?

Dont remember the author but it's in ofp.info (way back)

BM

Nice tank pic. Btw I forgot that there is actually a Land Rover on ofp.info as well. The first steps towards a mechanized Brit force smile_o.gif.

Way way back I found a decent British Light infantry pack at ofp.info. Unfortunatelly it was never updated for RES or even updated at all.

BM

That Land Rover would be my first beta version which has since been binned and a new one made from scratch.

This one here in fact:

beta1_gs110.jpg

beta2_gs110.jpg

The front texture, along with others has changed since these pics were taken wink_o.gif

Will the Para's have a regular parachute? Or will you give them that parachute which was released which you can turn etc? Also, any pictures of the para guys?

Iv not had time to do much in the past week due to work, but have added a few lil bits, and added some shading/creases, to bring it a little bit more to life.

Thanks goto Ebud for advising me the best way to achieve the natural creases in the jacket and trousers.

http://www.project-ukf.com/Jonno/images/inf_1.jpg