Sign in to follow this  
AMDOpteron

Laser quest tips and techniques

Um, eh remraf, as far as I know airsoft guns have a higher velocity than paintball guns, thus giving them a further range...and my AK47S airsoft gun is very accurate, I can hit anything at longer ranges. Paintball guns also have a tendency to shoot more to the left or right after they have been used alot, it happened to me and many of the paintball guns at a few PB places are very screwed up, they fire far to the left or right.

One more thing, why do you think that airsoft is for short range when many AS places are on large fields and such? I think it is very easy to tell if you've been shot with an airsoft gun, airsoft guns are about as loud as a .22 rifle, you'll know where the shots are coming from and youll see the bb's flying.

i've been looking does seen AS guns have higher velocity then PB guns.

Sherwood forest. Phoenix Airsoft

Has CQB and far range matches in forest and open with bucker and outposts.

hire guns available:

FA-MAS'

M16 A2's

G3A3's

P90

CAR 15's with solid stocks

AK47+AK47s

Wow Bordoy I was looking at their website and I have to say the place looks great, prices are good and the location is cool.

Depends on the guns USMC. I have a battery operated M4 thats rated at 250fps-300fps. Its only effective out to around 40-50feet. My Tippman 98 Custom w/ Frontline, regulator, added expansion chamber, can hit anything out to 250ft at 302fps. That and anything that relates to any type of speedball sucks.

Though, AS sniper rifles are pretty cool. I've been hit by one from 15 feet. We did a chrono on it and it was going like 800fps. Other than that, I don't really like AS. Too constrained for me. I'm used to playing out on 70-200acre fields.

Also, since I live in the East AS is pretty much non-existent.

But airsoft IS played on big fields.

Airsoft guns have a higher velocity than paintball guns and therefore more accuracy and longer range.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Nov. 15 2002,03:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you're up for some REAL fun.  Play paintball.  There are a lot of different names for it, but I know it by paintball.

Anyway, aside from ballistics and, well, NOT dying, it's pretty much like a real battle.  People can use grenades, even sniper rifles if you have the money.<span id='postcolor'>

Sniper rifles? Are that just scoped rifles or something? Cuz that sounds pretty unrealistic, and what about wind and shit like that, isn't it very hard to hit stuff with a sniper rifle then?

u can buy sniper rifles. if u get one or want to use a sniper might be a good idea to get used to ballistics, scope and stuff like that.

USMC: location is cool isnt it. Å35 for hiring everything and plus u get 1000 bb's. great, i gotta go there. Plus they accept any age. theres a place there, where theres a rock and 4 perfectly placed snipers can sit there.

320fps or 1 joule power for autmatic airsoft guns in the UK 520fps for semi-autos so u could theoreticly have a pistol the same power as a sniper rifle,hehehe super desert eagle and scope tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Nov. 18 2002,21:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sniper rifles?  Are that just scoped rifles or something?  Cuz that sounds pretty unrealistic, and what about wind and shit like that, isn't it very hard to hit stuff with a sniper rifle then?<span id='postcolor'>

A long-barreled and scoped paintball gun = sniper rifle

I'm not sure, but I think they shoot faster and are slightly modified to reduce the arc. not sure though.

as a side note, i'm heading down to the local (yeah right) airsoft store this weekend to buy my first gun.

if they're to expensive there, i'll order one online.

Any age over 18, right? Or do they allow younger ppl there too? If they do then I'm going to England for the Christmas holidays! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Nov. 19 2002,21:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Any age over 18, right? Or do they allow younger ppl there too? If they do then I'm going to England for the Christmas holidays!  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Just come by Ottawa and play Delerium, they advertize that they have "1000's of players, 10 to 70 years old". I've been going there since I was 16.

I've just got one more thing to say.

Most expensive game EVER. At least to be serious with it, that is.

I've been flipping through webpages of airsoft retailers, all of the good guns cost about several hundred dollars, and that's just the gun.

There are three different types of guns for airsoft: spring, electric, and gas.

Spring guns are essentially bolt operated. They don't really lack in performance (fps, range), but they're semi-automatic.

Electric guns are fully automatic, but much more expensive

than spring guns.

Gas guns are the heavy duty guns. They use the same principle as most paintball guns: gas pressure. These are also typically the most expensive.

Anywho, rental fees apparently aren't that bad. At this place (http://www.mdairsoft.com/rentals.html) you can rent an AK-47, M-16, and MP-5 for $25, and an M24 for $45.

So rental seems pretty cheap, but owning definately is not. If you're really interested, do some investigating of your own. If you live near a big town there's probably an airsoft field or at least a paintbal field near you, maybe they can help some.