Sign in to follow this  
FallenPaladin

Ms gamevoice compatible to resistance?

Is the MS gamevoice system compatible to Resistance? Would be great to give your ai comrades commands by just speaking into the micorphone biggrin.gif

If it works (haven`t tried yet, another customer visit, soon sad.gif ) , has anyone made an Operation Flashpoint profile? I`m planning to do so.

Isn't it faster to just quickly tap F2 and click on a vehicle rather than speaking out "Two, Gunner, Get in Abrams". You have all that voice-recognition bullshit to deal with, not to mention it most certainly takes up a good amount of ram and cpu power itself.

Personally I don't think it's compatible with Flashpoint.

Indeed I`m faster with my keys, but think of how cool it would be, if you could play OFP:R in front of some friends and yell the commands and the ai does as told tounge.gif

This is not a Troubleshooting issue, moving to G.

There was a thread about a voice recognition tool called shoot in this board. I tried it and it worked really good. And it IS faster than the keys, and you can use it in combination with the keys. It makes handling the AI in singleplayer really cool... "team red, danger" biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Nov. 12 2002,16:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Indeed I`m faster with my keys, but think of how cool it would be, if you could play OFP:R in front of some friends and yell the commands and the ai does as told tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I have a gamevoice myself, and would like to try such a setup, but i think most people would consider the person who shouts commands at his computer quite nuts...

Another thing which is also related to game-voice would be an implementation to use the keys of the game-voice pad for the in-game voice program. Is there any way to access the buttons on that pad apart from the game-voice software?

Tried it for OFP but I found it only useful with certain commands to the entire squad or by picking via a fireteam as stated above. Not that big of an advantage when having to single out individual members. All on a 1.2 ghz with noticable difference in play.

Use it all the time In America's Army with keys bound to handsignals and shout whisper or radio at the same time. That is a great setup if I do say so myself.

Guys, I have a GameVoice, and I have some profiles for some games, just not OFP.

Wanna know why? Its just to tiring.

Just think about it; Count the number of command you give in 1 minute, and just try to shout that in your Microphone.

Ow, and add a mulitplier of 2, because the Recognition part in Voice is NOT optimal.

And it seems real cool. It is, and it adds some sense of realism, but its too tiring.

I still use my GV for strategy games like Sacrifice, or sometimes UT for Chat, but thats it. Its just too much of a hassle.

I use a GameVoice just about all the time to select options from the Action Menu whilst in plane or helicopter. It's a great gadget and works most of the time providing you are careful about selecting words which work with your particular voice.

I say "navigation" rather than "map" to bring up the map screen reliably.

Prospero

Now I use GV for ingame communication with my squad, when we play online.

I`ll try sometimes later to use it for commanding the ai.