Sign in to follow this  
Rastavovich

Ofp addon manager v0.9b released

Hi Rastavovich,

I want to say bravo to this nice addons manager very usefull.

Just some idea/info.

Official addon/File to add:

-VoiceRH.pbo 21675kb (Voice Russian Pack for Red Hammer)

-Bmp2.pbo 882kb (Res. addon)

It is possible to have right click option to delete a file in the active/inactive FileListBox ?

Bye

Normally the Bmp2.pbo is allready in the official list, have you renamed it? Cause after a fresh install it was called BMP2.pbo in my folder.

Is "VoiceRH.pbo" the exact name of that file, or does it have more (or less capitals in it)?

Would all the ppl with the error

"Run-time error '76':Path not found"

please check if they have an ADDONS-folder in their OFP rootfolder?

It seems that ppl that only installed OFP v1.00 and then put directly OFP:R over that have not the OFP addon folder.

If you don't have such a folder, please create one, named "ADDONS" and check if OFPAM runs then.

Thnx to MAsta_KFC for helping me finding that error.

No probz.

Rastovivich, I was wondering when u run the editor, if u could then have the option to run operationflashpoint.exe or flashpointresistance.exe, sorta to make it like a fontend prog?

So people can just run ure editor everytime they start up ofp and then go directly into OFP. That way, people can check up on the addons everytime they run the game, more of like a convenience thing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rastavovich @ Nov. 15 2002,16:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Is "VoiceRH.pbo" the exact name of that file, or does it have more (or less capitals in it)?<span id='postcolor'>

yep exact name.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Normally the Bmp2.pbo is allready in the official list, have you renamed it? Cause after a fresh install it was called BMP2.pbo in my folder.<span id='postcolor'>

Ooops sorry. Yes access denied in OFP addon but not in the OFPR addon folder. tounge.gif

Bye

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rastavovich @ Nov. 16 2002,12:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Would all the ppl with the error

"Run-time error '76':Path not found"

please check if they have an ADDONS-folder in their OFP rootfolder?

It seems that ppl that only installed OFP v1.00 and then put directly OFP:R over that have not the OFP addon folder.

If you don't have such a folder, please create one, named "ADDONS" and check if OFPAM runs then.

Thnx to MAsta_KFC for helping me finding that error.<span id='postcolor'>

I have OFP 1.46 and OFPR 1.85 and it still can't find the addons dir - "Run-time error '76':Path not found"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ Nov. 18 2002,10:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have OFP 1.46 and OFPR 1.85 and it still can't find the addons dir - "Run-time error '76':Path not found"<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds like warez to me. wow.gif Is it? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ Nov. 18 2002,09:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have OFP 1.46 and OFPR 1.85 and it still can't find the addons dir - "Run-time error '76':Path not found"<span id='postcolor'>

How come u got 2 versions?

Anyways, in your codemasters\operationflashpoint directory, create a directory called:

addons

Should work.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MAsta_KFC @ Nov. 18 2002,13:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How come u got 2 versions?<span id='postcolor'>

Your older OFP version remains intact when you install Resistance. You can run either the Resistance or the old OFP EXE file to play.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Nov. 18 2002,11:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ Nov. 18 2002,10:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have OFP 1.46 and OFPR 1.85 and it still can't find the addons dir - "Run-time error '76':Path not found"<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds like warez to me. wow.gif Is it? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, I can confirm the same bug.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Nov. 18 2002,14:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nope, I can confirm the same bug.<span id='postcolor'>

wow.gif Et tu, Denoir? wow.gif

tounge.gif

What was your install path? Did you upgrade to 1.30 using the non-ultimate patch? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Nov. 18 2002,13:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What was your install path? Did you upgrade to 1.30 using the non-ultimate patch? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It could be this: I have two installations of OFP, one on one disk installed under windows me and one on another disk under windows xp. Usually addons that try to find the correct ofp path fail.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MAsta_KFC @ Nov. 18 2002,12:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ Nov. 18 2002,09:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have OFP 1.46 and OFPR 1.85 and it still can't find the addons dir - "Run-time error '76':Path not found"<span id='postcolor'>

How come u got 2 versions?

Anyways, in your codemasters\operationflashpoint directory, create a directory called:

addons

Should work.<span id='postcolor'>

You can't install OFPR without OFP. And addons dir is already in my OFP dir. BTW my path to OFP is E:\Operation Flashpoint. Maybe it calls the bug ?

Can anybody who has still this bug pm me his ICQ number, so we can do some testings. That would be very helpfull.

Normally it doesn't matter how many OFP installation you have on your PC, since OFPAM only reads out the registry of the currently used OS.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rastavovich @ Nov. 18 2002,17:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can anybody who has still this bug pm me his ICQ number, so we can do some testings. That would be very helpfull.

Normally it doesn't matter how many OFP installation you have on your PC, since OFPAM only reads out the registry of the currently used OS.<span id='postcolor'>

I think we sorted that bug out and I hope to release version 0.95b today or tomorrow.

thnx to [CCCP]Stalker for his help.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MAsta_KFC @ Nov. 16 2002,12:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No probz.

Rastovivich, I was wondering when u run the editor, if u could then have the option to run operationflashpoint.exe or flashpointresistance.exe, sorta to make it like a fontend prog?

So people can just run ure editor everytime they start up ofp and then go directly into OFP. That way, people can check up on the addons everytime they run the game, more of like a convenience thing.<span id='postcolor'>

If you implement this, don't forget to include the -nosplash

smile.gif

Hoz

If I might suggest some additional features.

1.  Ability to match addons with missions.  (not sure if this is possible)

2. Ability to copy or zip up addons for particular missions, or a set of missions on a dedicated server.

For instance, when I get a new map and i finally track down the addons, I have to send them to the grp of people I play with. It would be nice to be able to zip them all up easily. Maybe I am just lazy smile.gif

Just some suggestions smile.gif

Hoz

Ok, folks OPFAM v0.95b is out for betatest, grab it at our page. Test it hard smile.gif

What's new/improved:

- Information file system

- Favorits lists

- fixed: Crash when hit "delete inactive addon" while no inactive addon selected

- fixed: No comments shown when you browsed over the "other" button to OFP or OFP:R addon folder

- fixed: "Run-time error '76':Path not found" caused by russian version of OFP & OFP:R (you will get the same message if you don't have an addonsfolder in your rootpath)

Attention: someone reported me a bug I brought in with the newest version. Comments will not be displayed anymore, even if you have hit the save comment button.

This is only for displaying, all comments you made earlier or you just saved are still there. They are saved in the "Comments.txt" in the selected addons folder.

As long as you don't delete that file all should be ok.

I will debug that in next version.

Ok folks.......If I am understanding what's going on here, all the PBO addons I have in my addon folder (which are many) are "memory mapped" when I load the game???

I assume this reduces performance???

I should not have tons and tons of PBO addons in my folder at one time?confused.gif

If I move ones I don't use out of the Addon folder, then it does not memory map???

Right they will be loaded, except you deactivate them (or move/delete them), for example over the program we all talking here.