Sign in to follow this  
Rastavovich

Ofp addon manager v0.9b released

Little tool (15kb), that can deactivate addons in a folder (without moving or deleting them). So it should be really usefull for all those ppl that get the "Cannot memorymap..." -error all the time. You can now simply deactivate not needed addons.

Since version 0.9b it is also possible to comment addons in OFP and OFP:R addons folder, so you can easier identify them.

Download it from our page.

Oh and feedback is appreciated.

is it possible to add some ingame info, as in, what the addon would be called in the editor? this would help alot as some of the addons are named very weird. the comment feature is good, but Iam sure there are alot of us out there who forget whats what.

The problem is, that I cannot get infos out of a compressed .pbo in a good time, you would have to wait around 6 mins for example till you could read the info out of the Bronco files, since it has to be decompressed first then looked for the info. That is no option, so I implemented the comment section, so you can keep track with your addons.

For info about the editor name you would have to look in the readme that comes with most of the addons (then you can put it into comment - which of course can be a real pain in the a.. if your addon folder is allready around 500mb in size).

In a cannot-memorymap-era this little thingie is a must for every addon freak such as myslef.

However i miss one feature. I'd like to save my custom configurations and be able to load them afterwards.

e.g. I'd like to play only with BWMOD demo addons and the HKPack. I choose the very addons and save the start up configuration. So I can load my 'German config' any time after instead of dealing with single addons manually every time I want to play them.

Is it possible to implement this?

Not really related to the addon manager, but when I try to d/l the camo net it gives me this:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Server at dkm-mod.mkdi.net<span id='postcolor'>

Rasta...how about setting a standard here. Define an XML format for addons and ask that addon makers add in it information like:

1) Whats it called in the editor

2) Version number.

3) Any comments

4) Known missions its used in

The list is endless. Addon makers could then state their addon was "DKM Addon Manager Compliant". You have an opportunity to make this the standard addon management tool.

Ballistic would gladly make our addons comply with any standard you set.

My only request is pick a catchy name for the product. "DKM Addon manager" compliant sounds a little lame.

OFPatch compliant or something else sounds better smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My only request is pick a catchy name for the product. "DKM Addon manager" compliant sounds a little lame.

<span id='postcolor'>

That may be why I called it "OFP Addon Manager"smile.gif.

@edc: the zip seems to be down or so, I'll talk to the webmaster.

The standart thing is a nice idea, I will look if I can find a good way for implement such a thing, but for getting standards used by every addonmaker this tool must be really used by a lot of ppl.

I will also think about loading configurations , there I might have a idea how to do that.

Thanks for your feedback, keep it coming.

Guys, I keep getting the following error message

Run-time error '76':

Path not found

This happens no matter where I put the addon manager file.

My OFP is installed in the standard directory and so is resistance.

sad.gif

Go Rasta this thing is pretty kewl. from what i see it renames the add-ons to PBX instead of PBO, but they stay in the folder. i guess this is no problem becuase ofp only memory maps PBO's at start up. It would be nice if you could assign different configurations for ERA's or conflicts as .40 suggested. thanx for the nice tool biggrin.gif

If we're talking about standards then that "internal names" features would be nice. Maybe the program could decompile each new pbo once and store the internal names in a cache, so you'd have to wait only once and would be able to look at the internal names nervertheless. And if you really make an XML for the addons, please don't forget the HP and D/L URL for the addon. I don't know how much time i spent looking for an addon i knew the name of, but couldn't find anywhere sad.gif

And the tjp_pavehawk_desert for example seems to come in different versions, where the internal name is either tjp_mh60g_des or tjp_mh60g_desert, depending on version. That's really fun when you are searching for the right addon sad.gif And the pbo have the same name, so you can only have one installed, so some missions just will not work cause they use the other one.

Ok, i stop ranting now wink.gif

@MAsta_KFC : Make sure you have the visual basic runtime files installed, see the readme for more info. If you still have that problem then make sure you have installed OFP properly.

To all, I will add a function that reads out a little info file (created by the addonmaker- we will release a tool for creating such info files). If I can manage it I will also make it possible to view a little pic of the addon.

I will not use xml, it will be simple .txt files, since those need not so much space and fit perfectly here.

And for all those who want to catch info out of a .pbo file I tell you again:

1. It takes long time to decompress files, for example our Bronco needs 6-8 mins.

2. If the config is bined, we have no method to find out what is in it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rastavovich @ Nov. 13 2002,12:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">@MAsta_KFC : Make sure you have the visual basic runtime files installed, see the readme for more info. If you still have that problem then make sure you have installed OFP properly.<span id='postcolor'>

I downloaded the VB runtime files. Still the same error.

I'm sure I have OFP and RES installed in default directory. Not yet quite willing to take the plunge and reinstall them both again .

But thanx anyways smile.gif

Can you post your system specs, what Windows you are using. Cause I cannot recreate that bug here.

Intel Celeron 533

384mb sd-ram

64mb Geforce 2 mx

Win XP Pro.

Should it matter which directory I put the exe in?

No it shouldn't matter.

Which version of OFP are you using, the european, the american or polnish version?

great utillity! but can you make collections so i can switch easily between Winter and vietnam?

I am adding favorits lists atm, so you can switch between different configurations.

Umm I bought it in Australia..Before Install it's version 1.0.

I'm not quite sure which version aussies recieve. confused.gif

Should be european version then, can anyone confirm that?

But I still have no idea why it doesn't run on your machine.

Q: in which directory you put the exe?

I put it in

c:\program files\codemasters\operationflashpoint

I also put one in the \res directory.

Both don't work sad.gif

Maybe an option to manually browse to the ofp directory would help rasta?

it seems the tool cannot find the ofp dir, so putting this option in might do the trick.

I can't get it work. It sais something about bad path. I tried putting it in both addons dir and OFP dir but nothing helps. I'm using Win XP.

I will implement a manual browser, since this seems to be a common problem. Normally OFPAM gets its information directly out of the registry so it should find it.