I'm trying to get a couple of Syndikat LMG's (variable name RB1_1 and RB1_2 - separate groups) inside the small bunkers to engage any BLUFOR that appear along a road. The intention is that they open fire as if they were actually watching the road.... Overall range is not more than a couple of hundred metres, 400 max. Easily within suppressive range of an LMG. However, they refuse to engage, even when I put a trigger down with :,

Acivation: BLUFOR Present
Repeatable: Ticked
Server Only: Ticked
On Activation:{RB1_1 reveal _x} foreach playableUnits; {RB1_2 reveal _x} foreach playableUnits

AS I drive towards them, my own AI gunner spots them and opens up FIRST! Every time.

I don't want to up their skill as I really want a suppressive effect rather than laser headshots at 800m.

Any ideas what else I could do? (The intention is to use this in a MP Coop mission, so would need to be MP JIP compatible if relevant).

You can set their subskill up. 

Also it can help to disable the movement and force them to stand. As they sometimes lay downas they see an enemy

// On Activation:
{
	_x doTarget (thisList select 0);
	_x doFire (thisList select 0);
} forEach [RB1_1, RB1_2];

Maybe?

13 hours ago, aseliot said:

Maybe you can use reveal when they enter a trigger?

Did you even read the post? That's EXACTLY what I have done. Sheesh.

12 hours ago, 7erra said:

// On Activation:
{
	_x doTarget (thisList select 0);
	_x doFire (thisList select 0);
} forEach [RB1_1, RB1_2];

Maybe?

Yeah, I will try that out, thanks.

16 hours ago, crewt said:

You can set their subskill up. 

Also it can help to disable the movement and force them to stand. As they sometimes lay downas they see an enemy

Thanks, will check that link out. I don't think they're lying down, my AI gunner headship them from about 200m... but I did make them crouch, maybe they think the bunker is blocking LoS.

Be aware that AI could refuse to fire because their line of sight checks don't add up.

Bunkers and recently buildings with intact windows are usually known to cause this, did you try some other building?

Cheers

In addition to increased reaction and spotting time it might be worth a try to not use dofire but dosupressingfire (I'm on the phone, might be a different command/name). There you can define how long they should suppress all known targets

3 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Be aware that AI could refuse to fire because their line of sight checks don't add up.

Bunkers and recently buildings with intact windows are usually known to cause this, did you try some other building?

Cheers

Hi, thanks. No I didn't. I might try removing the objects and just having the AI for now, and get the working before putting the terrain back in.

1 hour ago, crewt said:

In addition to increased reaction and spotting time it might be worth a try to not use dofire but dosupressingfire (I'm on the phone, might be a different command/name). There you can define how long they should suppress all known targets

That's a new one on me and would definitely do what I want by the sounds of it, thanks.

• Like 1