smootch

Modular Bunker (TALL) & bipod

I came up with a bug..
If you deploy your bipod on the top floor off the Modular Bunker (TALL) it is too high and you can see out of the bunker..
The lower bunkers don't have this bug and you can see out clearly.

So I gues it's an easy fixx.

Smootch
V7IIJAH.jpg7JDML1w.jpg

wow... and i always wanted to know how BIS has their metrics for infantry defined to avoid stuff like this. Apparently they dont have it defined? :eh:

should be fixed in next dev branch update

• Like 8

Nice job those bunkers look good.

On 6/3/2017 at 0:11 AM, reyhard said:

should be fixed in next dev branch update

Just add on to this, and not start another thread. The AI seem to have issues getting in as shown by this video. This of course is kinda a sloppy side test, but they didn't even seem to attempt to try to get in.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2017 at 8:48 AM, silentghoust said:

Just add on to this, and not start another thread. The AI seem to have issues getting in as shown by this video. This of course is kinda a sloppy side test, but they didn't even seem to attempt to try to get in.

Nice test, but it could be that AI was stuck in its initial position and unable to move afterwards. Did you try any other scenarios, like, coming nearby the bunkers from a little further instead of spawning right inside the abandoned bunker compound?
Anyhow, if the AI really ignores the bunker, I really hope this can be looked into by BIS ASAP, if possible.

AI are too "stupid" to use bunkers properly anyway. Just use the apex bunkers as example. AI can enter but not fight targets outside of the bunker.

If you are standing outside the bunker, the AI inside the bunker sees you. Before firing they go into crouch position, then start firing -> shooting the wall of the bunker. They dont see you any more. So they stand up, rinse and repeat.

this issue is precisely why i suggested https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123209 4 months ago.

Alternative: AI upgrade for them to "know" they can only shoot in a certain stance in a certain position. The turret position idea is very likely much easier to implement than this however....

Even the enormous slits in the bunkers will not help the AI. In a more realistic bunker the firing slits would be much much smaller. With fixed firing positions implemented, the slits of (custom) bunkers could be made much more realistic.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2017 at 6:56 AM, inlesco said:

Nice test, but it could be that AI was stuck in its initial position and unable to move afterwards. Did you try any other scenarios, like, coming nearby the bunkers from a little further instead of spawning right inside the abandoned bunker compound?
Anyhow, if the AI really ignores the bunker, I really hope this can be looked into by BIS ASAP, if possible.

This was a rough test, so I didn't really look into it further. I bet they are fine with the actual map built in ones. Why I know some buildings cause this issue when custom place, I specifically wanted to point this out simply because I expect the community will want to use these heavily. I'll admit the test isn't perfect, but I felt the AI unwilling to at least attempt to get in the building was worth noting.