Sign in to follow this  
sama

BI taking on DCS

I love my arma and i also play/played a bit of DCS. The arma jets ,although being fun,arent very hardcore,and in BI,s defense, arent targeted at the hardcore flight simmers.I have wondered why BI havent ventured into a fully fledged flight sim.  Without the need for performance draining internal building details/animations etc. (that a flight sim does not require)you would think that the current engine and BI,s ability to create vast terrains would suit such a venture.Employing the help of companies like belsimtek,leatherneck etc. or even going it alone they could produce the perfect flight sim  i think.Maybe they tested the water with take on helicopters and werent impressed with the publics response? Maybe they figure theres not a big enough market for such a venture and its not viable? Maybe there just not interested? Who knows. I know id be interested in such a venture.

Even i would love that, it is not realistic.

It would demand heavly rewriting engine for that. 

Also DCS is pure sim and Arma tries to be in between and for majority players.

Dcs same as il2 have small loyal community supporting it so for flight simming i play them and for rest there is Arma.

Maybe in Arma4!

Why do it when DCS alone has barely any room in this market to stay afloat. Hardcore simulation is expensive to produce (see pricing for a single fully simmed DCS module).

It's the same as with civilian flight sims back in the day, when Microsoft Flight Sim and X-plane battled it out for the market share.

• Like 2

This was discussed heavily over here as well....

Save retyping and rehashing the argument.