pooroldspike

Update 1.70 Feedback

Those having trouble with Titan AA lock ons,

1. At what angle did you attempt to lock?
2. What is the target's angle relative to you when you launch?

20 hours ago, Midnighters said:

i've actually completely lost a target lock due to smoke in front of me. Is it just random? Or?

Yes - you, as i understant you were aquiring tank? Try to be in tank.

20 hours ago, sammael said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Simple smoke can`t jam Spike ATGM. But I think modern tanks have special smoke granades with metal dust and can jam missiles.

ANyway Arma 3 is game and I think smoke must broke  locking

I was writing about smoke used on armored vehicles to be precise ;) It is completly useless.

@pooroldspikeHave you considered asking the KOTH people to implement the autonomous SAM turrets, be they stationary or attachTo'd a vehicle, with scripting to allow player control? (For example, see this Redditor's mobile SAMs.) Alternately, while it requires vehicle buying I'll point to the Cheetah/Tigris, whose Titan Missiles ("Titan AA Long" on this table) have a longer and wider locking cone than the manportable/static launcher's Titan (AA) which is presumably now intended for anti-helicopter work, i.e. shooting down overconfidently-piloted Pawnees (no sensors/display panel and no lock/launch warnings).

Finally, please note that the Thursday, 25 May dev branch build 1.71.141852 added new scripting commands, so there may be more coming which will allow KOTH designers to tweak the gameplay further without requiring a full-on config mod.

1 hour ago, chortles said:

@pooroldspikeHave you considered asking the KOTH people to implement the autonomous SAM turrets...

Mate, I've been a member here for 8 years and me and other people have been suggesting lots of things, and we can only hope the Devs see and take on board what we're saying..:)

2 hours ago, Vasily.B said:

..I was writing about smoke used on armored vehicles to be precise ;) It is completly useless.

Are you talking about guided or unguided AT missiles?

I know that if I fire a  guided Titan ATGM missile at an armoured vehicle in KOTH and it pops smoke grenades, the missile always dives into the ground short of the target vehicle. I've never seen such a missile get through smoke, because smoke messes up the guidance system.

1 hour ago, pooroldspike said:

I know that if I fire a  guided Titan ATGM missile at an armoured vehicle in KOTH and it pops smoke grenades, the missile always dives into the ground short of the target vehicle. I've never seen such a missile get through smoke, because smoke messes up the guidance system.

That's the same for me, i Vasily.B must be playing with mods which will alter the gameplay.

@pooroldspikeOn dev branch today the Cheetah/Tigris and the carrier static defenses gained datalink sensors, albeit with the Spartan (short range, high-capacity infrared missile launcher) losing active radar while the Praetorian (gun turret) gained range and the Centurion (medium/long range, radar-guided missile launcher) traded width for range, that last one now outranging all air-to-ground missiles... in combination they can make a potent anti-air combination, with all three of said static defenses able to turn towards and potentially engage targets detected by each other, your Cheetah/Tigris' active radar, your side's VTOLs, or even by your side's UAVs!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chortles said:

@pooroldspikeOn dev branch today the Cheetah/Tigris and the carrier static defenses gained datalink sensors, albeit with the Spartan (short range, high-capacity infrared missile launcher) losing active radar while the Praetorian (gun turret) gained range and the Centurion (medium/long range, radar-guided missile launcher) traded width for range, that last one now outranging all air-to-ground missiles... in combination they can make a potent anti-air combination, with all three of said static defenses able to turn towards and potentially engage targets detected by each other, your Cheetah/Tigris' active radar, your side's VTOLs, or even by your side's UAVs!

I wish there were AA units like that in the KOTH servers where I mostly play..:)

@pooroldspikeTo be fair, the above changes mean that currently the Cheetah/Tigris' radar -- plus that of the Praetorian, the Centurion, and the Centurion's missiles -- on paper outranges all current infrared-guided air-to-ground missiles and even the current aircraft laser sensors (those on bombs and missiles may be a different story) and even with radar off, if the KOTH designers don't alter the Cheetah/Tigris' stats then the vehicles could still be able to pick up/select targets from outside of their radar range which were detected by their side's Blackfish/Xi'an or UAVs.

The KOTH designers could also swap the the Cheetah/Tigris' missiles for a medium/long-range radar-guided missile such as the DLC jets', the Buzzard's, or the Centurion's, although any of those would require that the Cheetah/Tigris' radar be toggled on up through launch, probably giving the target aircraft a lock warning unless it's a Hummingbird/Pawnee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chortles said:

@pooroldspikeTo be fair, the above changes mean that currently the Cheetah/Tigris' radar -- plus that of the Praetorian, the Centurion, and the Centurion's missiles -- on paper outranges all current infrared-guided air-to-ground missiles and even the current aircraft laser sensors (those on bombs and missiles may be a different story) and even with radar off, if the KOTH designers don't alter the Cheetah/Tigris' stats then the vehicles could still be able to pick up/select targets from outside of their radar range which were detected by their side's Blackfish/Xi'an or UAVs.

The KOTH designers could also swap the the Cheetah/Tigris' missiles for a medium/long-range radar-guided missile such as the DLC jets', the Buzzard's, or the Centurion's, although any of those would require that the Cheetah/Tigris' radar be toggled on up through launch, probably giving the target aircraft a lock warning unless it's a Hummingbird/Pawnee.

Yeah KOTH is good but far from perfect, we're at the mercy of the KOTH designers.

Like I've said before, I'd buy my own server and create my own game for it, but I'm a PC dummy regarding the techy side so I'd need help to get the server running, if anybody's interested drop me a mail or PM..:)

On 29.05.2017 at 8:10 PM, R0adki11 said:

That's the same for me, i Vasily.B must be playing with mods which will alter the gameplay.

Actually video is recorded without using any mods.

On 5/30/2017 at 0:10 AM, Vasily.B said:

Yes - you, as i understant you were aquiring tank? Try to be in tank.

I was writing about smoke used on armored vehicles to be precise ;) It is completly useless.

not useless at all. perhaps against air threats it isnt so effective, but against ground threats it is very effective.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

not useless at all. perhaps against air threats it isnt so effective, but against ground threats it is very effective.

Smoke screen have its task - block vision on thermal sights, block all IR tracking, including laser guided missles, and give you cover for example for retereating maneuver.
- Its is not blocking laser guided missles so its almost useless. When i see AT guy pointing at me, just waiting for the lock i pop up smoke screen but its simply not working.
- To give it some light - it effectively block missles from jets, helicopters, so i think its more config related - Titan launchers and all handheld launchers.