Von Quest

Diving - Underwater Gear Config, Issues, and Questions

Still disappointed with how little love BIS gives to the entire water and underwater environment. C'mon BIS!

Does anyone know, or have a config solution to make Diving Goggles VISIBLE when on LAND? And the inverse, stop facewear (cfgGlasses) from disappearing when in WATER?

I don't know what they are thinking, having your gear pop in-and-out based on land or water. I thought it was just an odd alpha-phase overlook thing. But now after years it still persists. MAKES NO SENSE!

Also, along the same lines... Any config so Headgear shows when wearing a Wetsuit? Why can't you wear any damn headgear? Other issues that I'm scratching my head with is you can't access your Inventory if underwater. Why? And even when they finally added Sidearms to Vest/Uniforms, the Wetsuit was neglected. BIS is sitting on a HUGE untapped area of Water-Ops and potential here. Hundreds of miles of water! And they choose to work on Jets DLC, and Tanks. We already have those. I don't get it. I've been home sick (so I'm cranky) all weekend and started looking into adding Diving Gear into my FROGS Combat Diver Project.

Any Configs, Ideas, or Workarounds?

1. Diving Goggles (shown on land)

2. Facewear (shown underwater)

3. Headgear (shown underwater)

4. Access Inventory (if underwater)

5. Drop/Place Throwables (I'll script this)

6. Sidearm on Wetsuit (engine-based?)

• Like 3

Nobody?

No one has any ideas, or configs to fix these?

Also, since I'm here I'll address another issue related to underwater problems. I should start a new post, but I'll ask here first.

Anyone know how to setup addActions that work reliably UNDERWATER in MP? Something changed a couple updates ago that broke this. It barely works in SP as you have to be super close to the object (if it works), but most of the time it doesn't work. And in MP I can't get it working at all for the other players. I've tried BIS_fnc_MP, remoteExec, call, holdActionAdd, etc.

Either it's broken still on the game engine side, or I'm missing something on scripting the new standard addAction here. Any experts to shine some light on addAction for underwater objects? I've tried everything I can think of. I give up....

The possibilities for divers are unfortunately very limited. I can't open my Inventory or placing something like a charge.

The only thing I can do is using the wet way. Would like to see more...

-  The flippers should be a part of the gear you have to add in your inventory.

-  The flippers should be moved from a new inventory slot (feet) for full moving speed.

-  The flippers should work with every uniform not only the wetsuit.

-  Swimming without flippers should not be like a grandma!

-  The glasses should be a part of the gear you have to move out of the water for full view.

-  The glasses should not be invisible on air.

-  The scuba breather should using freshair bottles (like the battery's by the designators).

Agreed. I would love to see MORE Equipment, but I can imagine it's a hefty undertaking to program. I have a workaround for the Flippers, but it would take me all weekend to do it. I can simulate Flippers as Gear, but I'd have to make extra uniforms for every variant. It would be nice also to remove the Shadow LOD for the Flippers, as you can see this while on land.

The issues I raised above are rediculus at this point to STILL be missing. I have a script in my EOD Project for placing Explosives on the hull of boats if you are carrying C4. I think it's not uploaded yet, but should be in the next update (I should move it into my FROGS Project).

They give us this huge underwater environment that I've never seen in any other game, which is awesome, but you can't really do anything if you can interact with it and get/place things with your Inventory. Grrr.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2017 at 11:49 AM, Von Quest said:

Agreed. I would love to see MORE Equipment, but I can imagine it's a hefty undertaking to program. I have a workaround for the Flippers, but it would take me all weekend to do it. I can simulate Flippers as Gear, but I'd have to make extra uniforms for every variant. It would be nice also to remove the Shadow LOD for the Flippers, as you can see this while on land.

The issues I raised above are rediculus at this point to STILL be missing. I have a script in my EOD Project for placing Explosives on the hull of boats if you are carrying C4. I think it's not uploaded yet, but should be in the next update (I should move it into my FROGS Project).

They give us this huge underwater environment that I've never seen in any other game, which is awesome, but you can't really do anything if you can interact with it and get/place things with your Inventory. Grrr.

I have been trying for a year to get charges to stick on Trawler hulls, to no avail, trying numerous 3rd party scripts, all have failed as they drop to the seabed, so this would be a welcome addition mate.

(posted here too, so maybe someone alse have the same issue)

Hello sir. Is there a way to avoid deleting myself placed markers in editor when your script finishes?

I have placed markers normaly and preview the mission etc.. Once the vonquest finishes the feeds (hint of reports) my markers disapearance. It was not problem with older frog module it is just started now when I set up a new one 0.3.1beta. I repack .pbo and try to change init.sqf in something else and to call it manualy through debug console but then there is no dive functions at all. Please, any advice? 

So sorry.

Unfortunately not. At least not right now. I'll be looking into this at some point in the future. All Markers are still there, just invisible. You can still see your pre-placed Markers with the Intel and/or Dive Menu AO Report at any time. I'm hoping to fix this soon.

Maybe as a hotfix, I can add a user option to just leave ALL Markers on the Map. The markers are created dynamically, so to hide them its grabbing all markers and putting them into a layer that's invisible.

• Thanks 1

Oh I understand. So markers are there but invisible (located in invisible layer) but you say at some point there is a way to see them through "intel or dive menu". I am not familiar with that at all, so please if you have some time just put me in the right direction what is that mean. Thank you again for support and quick answer sir

This is technically the wrong Thread.

These Q's should be in my FROGS area.