Sign in to follow this  
Adammo

Radius turns

Does anyone know how to make the radius turns smaller on a larger model?

As you know the c130 has a hard time turning (taxi) and I do not know how to fix this.

Any ideas?

I am afraid it is not currently possible. There is no setting for this. The only thing you could try is to make airplane more "nimble" by changing its angular inertia by making mass more concentrated around center of mass. This would however affect flight performance as well.

How about adjusting the memory points for the wheels? They won't line up with the resolution lod positions but it might give you a smaller turning radius...untested, only been working on Helis so far :/

SelectThis

My very exstensive testing with my Antonov has led me to the conclusion that it is not possible, allthough Suma´s suggestion is the closest sollution.   Moving the land contact does not change this, the only other way of changing it is editing the rudder and aileron effectiveness in the .cpp.  Down side to that is that it may be a little too nible once airborne, but perhaps in your case, a compromise is reachable.  

Even if you concentrate most of the mass at the center, as I tried on the Antonov, the very fact that you have Geometry points way out there, makes the model to cumbersome to be really enjoyable in OFP.   Realistic geometry settings gave the Antonov a turn circle of at least 3km and the AI would not be able to use it.  

I opted to make the geometry smaller, and have it AI operable.  Sure, people may think it's silly to have the wing pass through a tree, but that wouldn't be the strangest thing I saw in OFP  wink.gif .  Besides, seeing it land under AI control, and then taxi to a stop far outweighs the downsides.

It's almost done btw, have been hard at work texturing, and only have a small amount left on that.  I'm hoping to be done in a week or so.  Here's a pic you might like Addammo smile.gif

C130-An124s.jpg

Cheers,

Konyak

wow that thing is huge!

would be GREAT for flyovers!

can have a script that creates it.. then it flys overs.. then remove it from teh game.. and in a random time do the sam thing.. then it might look like a busy airport..