Excellent, I'll give it a try. Thanks for your hard work on this.

14 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

In order to have JIP compability the initialization should be called from initPlayerLocal.sqf instead of init.sqf. I adjusted read me based on that.

I think I messed up with this part.
It looks like init.sqf is also triggered when someone joins after game starts. In that case it is far better to have initialization in init.sqf.
If I am mistaken with my conclusion please warn me :))

Will 2.0 have the mod version?  Keen to have this as an ALWAYS ON mod in my commandline.

at the moment that is what I am working on. Trying to figure out how to make a mod and release it as v.1.0 in mod section of the forum :)

• Like 1

hmm..I`m use  initPlayerLocal.sqf instead of init.sqf  like you said and it Not working for me after update  

I used both and both are working by me actually but like said, after some checking in wiki I understood that init.sqf will also run for JIP case. So that is the best place to have the command because also server needs to execute it due to locality issue of the vehicle.
So keep it in init.sqf and if anybody sees any issue with JIP case please inform me

• Like 1

Working as described now for all aircraft I have tested.

AutoPitch is excellent. I would love to see this expanded to more options within the AutoPilot.

An Altitude Hold with Alt Dial, Heading Hold with Heading Dial, NAV button, Indicated Air Speed (IAS), and Vetical Speed (VS). I know this is a lot and much may not be doable, just some humble ideas I'm throwing out. Attached in the autopilot in the aircraft I fly in.

PPx6IoD.jpg

I am not a real life pilot, I am a flight crew member.

Thanks

Just now, kremator said:

Lovely ... testing now !

Keep in mind for mod I have a seperate thread under MOD section of forum. I would be glad if you report the issues for mod version there :wink_o:

2 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

I am not sure if those things exists in a military Jet :icon_biggrin:

Very true, i have no idea...

;)

15 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

I am not sure if those things exists in a military Jet :icon_biggrin:

they have smart autopilot with automatic curse follow..Are you played arma 2 with Blake's Autopilot mod?

No I didn't.

I know from F-16s they do not have such advanced autopilots like commercial airplanes. I will try to contact some pilots for further details by f-16 but in general they have the setups which you can see in the screenshot of the first post.

Therefor I believe following setups might be sufficient for Arma3

- Pitch Hold

- Attitute Hold

- Loiter (AC-130 case)

Makes no sense to work on something complicated which will be not used often. I mean why someone wants to use waypoint autopilot in such small maps. Then what is the fun of using airplane by Arma 3 :) I did the pitch hold case just because of Firewill's F-16 and Weapon system. Using ITGT is challenging with low attitute and speed because the nose is simply going down if you are under 400kmh which brings high risk to crash.

• Like 2

Those options would be great.  I'm loving the mod version so far.

This mod is great.

Pitch works ok for the helicopter in arma, an Altitude hold would be awesome.

Thanks for the great work

Anybody interested to test the new version? I add the fix altitude which brings the airplane to initial altitude when autopilot turned on.

I need some pair of eyes before I officially release it. In case anybody can make a quick test PM me please :)

• Like 1

It is doing the following.
I need feedback if it is something usefull or not

need CBA keybind and separate key for this autopilot mode I think)

I have CBA already for Mod version. So I can study the keybinds and include it in next mod release :)

• Like 1

It appears to me that when you engage the Autopilot at a certain altitude, it holds it. Much like and ALT HOLD feature versus just flying level (keeping pitch 0). I like this feature. Is there anyway to separate them. For example, you would have the PITCH HOLD and ALT HOLD as separate features within the script and mod version.

Will all of the features in the script version be shared with the Mod version?

Thanks